ESPN – NBA Fantasy BBAll whats the best way to manage your team?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have a fairly decent team but Im messing up somewhere cus Im mid table and I have no idea how thescoring/bench/reserve system works.

Can someone just give me a few hints here? Im benching my injured guys and I have a full squad of guys who are producing PPG/Reb/Ast each night.

Am I overlooking FG%/FT%? is there some secret to this RESEARCH colum? I have a few active players are +0.5 to +10.5 and a couple under -1.0 but noone isway off the mark here.

How do I best utilise my team and whats the best way to score points with an active squad?

The NFL is so much easier games once a week and you go head to head with one of your guys this NBA one is confusing me no end!

OK.......

1. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE NBA AND THE PLAYERS IN IT
2. IT'S ONLY FANTASY BASKETBALL, NOT AN ORGANIC CHEMISTRY EXAM
3. USE YAHOO NEXT YEAR

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

whats your roster

PG Derrick Rose
SG Eric Gordon
SF Danny Granger
PF Andray Blatche
C Nene
G Brandon Jennings
F Carmelo Anthony

UTIL Allen Iverson
UTIL Kenyon Martin
UTIL Ben Wallace,

Bench
Blake Griffin
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Terry

That team is garbage anyways
smh.gif

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

whats your roster

PG Derrick Rose
SG Eric Gordon
SF Danny Granger
PF Andray Blatche
C Nene
G Brandon Jennings
F Carmelo Anthony

UTIL Allen Iverson
UTIL Kenyon Martin
UTIL Ben Wallace,

Bench
Blake Griffin
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Terry

how many teams in your league

Yeah it's more time consuming than Fantasy Football but if you've played that, you shouldn't have any problem playing Fantasy Basketball.There's very little strategy involved since you usually can usually get everyone who's playing that day on your team into the starting line-up.Occasionally you'll have everyone playing or all of your guard slots are filled for that day so you will have to bench a few players here and there. AndI'm not sure about your league's scoring but every league I've ever played in has included FG% and FT% so you have to keep things like that inmind, not just pts, rebs, and assts. Also keep blocks and steals in mind, as well as turnovers. Some leagues keep stats like 3 pointers made and other stufflike that so you have to know your scoring system. Find out what categories you're lacking in and make some trades or some free agent signings.

One reason why you might not be doing as well as you anticipated is because you have 3 injured players. Your other starters are solid but there are 3 playerson your team contributing nothing. That's a lot of valuable points your missing out on. If you have an IR in your league I would definitely place your bestinjured player there and then you'll have to decide on what to do with the other injured players. Check how long they're out for, see if there'sany free agents you can pick up that will give you solid production, etc. Depending on how your play-off system works, you might want to keep those injuredplayers and miss out on some points but then you will have them for the play-off time. But if you need to win now you might want to check the free agent pooland see if there's anyone who can help you out now, and if you can afford to lose those injured players.

Back
Top Bottom