ESPN Films: The Announcement: Vol. Magic Johnson HIV: March 11th 6PM PST

Magic did it because he knew and people were telling him privately that Isiah was spreading rumors behind his back that he was gay after Magic announced he was HIV positive.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Magic did it because he knew and people were telling him privately that Isiah was spreading rumors behind his back that he was gay after Magic announced he was HIV positive.
Didn't know that I gotta check out that book.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Didn't know that I gotta check out that book.
If you got a kindle or nook just download it for free off a torrent site.
But I'm a 100% sure that the NT'er who made that post about Magic being gay is a Isiah D-Rider.

Proof is in his avatar. Indiana Hoosier logo + Isiah played his college ball there.

Much of their story involves Thomas, who as captain of the Detroit Pistons served as a primary threat to the championship ambitions of Bird's Celtics and Magic's Lakers. The book offers revelations that have stunned Thomas. Magic addresses years of rumors by finally accusing Thomas of questioning his sexuality after Johnson was diagnosed with HIV in 1991. Magic also admits that he joined with Michael Jordan and other players in blackballing Thomas from the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, saying, "Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics. Nobody on that team wanted to play with him. ... Michael didn't want to play with him. Scottie [Pippen] wanted no part of him. Bird wasn't pushing for him. Karl Malone didn't want him. Who was saying, 'We need this guy?' Nobody.'

Link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/10/22/isiah.magic/index.html

The members of the illuminati had a plan for Magic Johnson. Telling the world he had hiv was apart of it. Half a billion dollars later...

Magic giving Simmons a Laker jersey.
laugh.gif

Magic being a Knick possibly
eek.gif

When I found out about James Worthy getting arrested for a prostitute
laugh.gif

That was a masterful documentary. Riveting as well as informative for a youngster such as myself. I was in pampers when the announcement went down. ESPN has done it again. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

DVR'ing this
Not that it matters, but let's be real, Magic was playing around with some male booty.

His son is pretty openly gay

Ryan-Brandon-Doug-Melville-with-Magic-Johnsons-son.jpg
Makes sense.  You should write articles.

To be honest, the way I hear it, it wasn't a man or woman that gave it to magic.....if you know what I'm sayin.

Purposing that a man contracted HIV through sexual intercourse with a male is trolling? Especially during the height of the epidemic in America?  Cause we all if an athlete really was gay he would come out and admit it...
I think it says everything about that perception of homosexuality in this country that people so defiantly object to the idea of a cherished athlete possibly engaging in sexual intercourse with  someone of the same gender.  The thought of the an iconic athlete being gay is too divergent from what the portrait of homosexuality in the country has been painted as.

And ComeUp, my girl goes to NYU that's the only reason I know that.  And it is relevant considering that there is a genetic aspect to human sexuality.  If someone's parent has homoerotic tendencies then there prolly more likely to acquire those tendencies themselves.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

To be honest, the way I hear it, it wasn't a man or woman that gave it to magic.....if you know what I'm sayin.
People don't want their perceptions of sexuality questioned man.  Like Magic didn't roll with a crew of Hollywood cats who have all been basically linked to messing around during that era.

But that's nothing but pure speculation on your part and using his son being gay doesn't support anything #justsaying

And it is relevant considering that there is a genetic aspect to human sexuality. If someone's parent has homoerotic tendencies then there prolly more likely to acquire those tendencies themselves.

Still a debatable topic to this day but not fact

i was born 5 months after the announcement.
i didn't know he played in the all star game. i had chills when they were showing highlights.
great documentary

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

But that's nothing but pure speculation on your part and using his son being gay doesn't support anything #justsaying

And it is relevant considering that there is a genetic aspect to human sexuality. If someone's parent has homoerotic tendencies then there prolly more likely to acquire those tendencies themselves.

Still a debatable topic to this day but not fact
It's still debatable but the majority of people who study it believe its prolly a mix of genetic, environmental and social factors.  I mean, I know it hasn't been proven either way, but I think it pretty clear genetics play a role in sexual orientation in some fashion.
Is it speculation? Sure.  But people exponentially more likely to contract the disease through anal intercourse than vaginal intercourse.  While anyone can contract the HIV virus, it still a disease that disproportionately affects gay men.  It's not like there isn't room for suscpicon there.  Plus, you have to factor in that if he did contract it from sex with someone who wasn't a woman, he no way in hell would ever admit to it.

This is NT where we speculate all day about who's going to what team, what artists will collab with who...But if your speculation challenges a social norm? The response is always negative.  Dudes speculate for hours about conspiracy theories, government, Illuminati, the Mayans and all that %++* but if you flip it on them and make them think about stuff that makes them uncomfortable they get upset.

And regardless, Magic is an amazing guy, despite the fact that his mush-mouth self needs to be kept within 100 yards from a teleprompter for the rest of eternity.  What he has done creating job/business for the black community, being a voice for social good is something we rarely see athletes do.  It's a shame that today's athletes aspire to follow im Scumbag Michael's footprints more often than Magic's.

And I know NT hates to here this more than anything but just because I said he contracted the virus from having sex with someone of the same gender doesn't mean I said he was gay.  I'm just saying I'm pretty sure the guy isn't a zero on the kinsey scale.

DVR'ing this
Not that it matters, but let's be real, Magic was playing around with some male booty.

the irony of you trying to bash a man of his sexuality when your hero penny hardaway was KNOWN to be messin with urkel booty for a looooooong time..
haters always gonna hate though...

After watching the doc, I googled HIV and stuff and found out HIV came from people eating monkey meat then having sex and it spread from europeans sleeping with african women then europeans sleeping with americans and so fourth. Billions of Chinese people and they have one of the lowest AIDS rates.....

Purposing that a man contracted HIV through sexual intercourse with a male is trolling? Especially during the height of the epidemic in America?  Cause we all if an athlete really was gay he would come out and admit it...
I think it says everything about that perception of homosexuality in this country that people so defiantly object to the idea of a cherished athlete possibly engaging in sexual intercourse with  someone of the same gender.  The thought of the an iconic athlete being gay is too divergent from what the portrait of homosexuality in the country has been painted as.

And ComeUp, my girl goes to NYU that's the only reason I know that.  And it is relevant considering that there is a genetic aspect to human sexuality.  If someone's parent has homoerotic tendencies then there prolly more likely to acquire those tendencies themselves.
Thats probably the most ignorant thing I've read in my entire life.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

DVR'ing this

the irony of you trying to bash a man of his sexuality when your hero penny hardaway was KNOWN to be messin with urkel booty for a looooooong time..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1. I didn't make this account.  True Blue 3 did, he threw it to me when my old one got banned.  So fail.

2. So you get mad at me for speculating on one man's sexuality, so you respond by doing the same thing to another player? Huh? What logic does that make?

Oh...your a Lakers fan though. Got'cha.

Once again, I'm not bashing Magic.  I've said he is one of the true superstar role model athletes we have ever had.  Unlike the homophobic legions of NT, his sexual orientation has no affect on how I view him as a person.  I just think it is relevant to a discussion on HIV/AIDS during a time that where the disease was at the heights of its epidemic.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

DVR'ing this

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1. I didn't make this account.  True Blue 3 did, he threw it to me when my old one got banned.  So fail.

2. So you get mad at me for speculating on one man's sexuality, so you respond by doing the same thing to another player? Huh? What logic does that make?

Oh...your a Lakers fan though. Got'cha.

Once again, I'm not bashing Magic.  I've said he is one of the true superstar role model athletes we have ever had.  Unlike the homophobic legions of NT, his sexual orientation has no affect on how I view him as a person.  I just think it is relevant to a discussion on HIV/AIDS during a time that where the disease was at the heights of its epidemic.

Blah,Blah,Blah I don't care bruh you disrespected Magic so we now have e-beef.
But on a serious note this was a good documentary, Magic was and still is a good dude, he seems like someone who didn't let the fame get to his head, seems real humble. Much respect for Pat Riley, Gary Vitti, Lorn magic's agent, and Larry Bird. They genuinely cared about Magic even when they had no real knowledge how the virus was transferred. It's good that Magic broke don't a lot of barriers and stigmas that came along with the HIV/AIDS virus at the time. And to Karl Malone !*+# you bruh.

Back
Top Bottom