ESPN Films: The Fab 5: 3/13 9PM EST/6PM PST ON ESPN HD

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

getting free tuition, housing, and food isn't enough?

not when you see your jersey hanging in a store and you get nothing from it  and you are struggling to eat...

i just think when you start giving players an allowance, where does it stop? do better players get a higher allowance than starters? do you get more allowance if you score x amount of points? i just think it would spiral out of control and make college sports even dirtier than it is right now
the slippery slope argument is a weak one. 

not when you see your jersey hanging in a store and you get nothing from it  and you are struggling to eat...

i just think when you start giving players an allowance, where does it stop? do better players get a higher allowance than starters? do you get more allowance if you score x amount of points? i just think it would spiral out of control and make college sports even dirtier than it is right now

great doc ... initial thoughts

Steve Fisher ... good to see him battle back ... seemed like a real good dude ... my initial thoughts on a taking a group of inner city kids to europe was that's a good look, let them see the world ... but look @ how smart they were to realize ... how it was a business and how they were money machines ... smart ### group of kids right there ...
Ray Jackson ... seems like a good dude ... he seemed genuine claiming he has no ill will towards c webb and just seemed to really enjoy the time they had together
Jimmy King... clown ... dude had hilarious faces and a stoneface .gif is needed asap ...
Juwan Howard ... also enjoyed his time there ... reiterated the fact they were a tight knit bunch

C Webb ...
indifferent.gif
... i won't go in b/c he prolly couldn't speak on the matters ... but he went out like a clown for throwing ed under the bus like that ( like the nt'er said a few pages back ) ... but i'm not even mad about that timeout anymore ... he was told to call it and even though he knew he was out, when trapped he forgot ... should have passed the ball to jalen after the rebound

Jalen Rose ... i don't use the word often but #SWAG ... dude came off mad smart ... and just got it back then and now ... i wonder how his relationship is w/ c webb now ...

mitch albom
pimp.gif
... bill walton
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
... **** V ... slurping duke as always
laugh.gif

My beef with the NCAA and these schools comes down to them not banning boosters and refusing to place a cap on these coaches salaries. if we're suppose to pretend that these athletes are just regular students and that they shouldn't be recognized for the amount of money they bring to these schools, then the NCAA should ban boosters and these schools should refuse to pay these coaches more than the highest paid faculty member at the school.

great doc ... initial thoughts

Steve Fisher ... good to see him battle back ... seemed like a real good dude ... my initial thoughts on a taking a group of inner city kids to europe was that's a good look, let them see the world ... but look @ how smart they were to realize ... how it was a business and how they were money machines ... smart ### group of kids right there ...
Ray Jackson ... seems like a good dude ... he seemed genuine claiming he has no ill will towards c webb and just seemed to really enjoy the time they had together
Jimmy King... clown ... dude had hilarious faces and a stoneface .gif is needed asap ...
Juwan Howard ... also enjoyed his time there ... reiterated the fact they were a tight knit bunch

C Webb ...
indifferent.gif
... i won't go in b/c he prolly couldn't speak on the matters ... but he went out like a clown for throwing ed under the bus like that ( like the nt'er said a few pages back ) ... but i'm not even mad about that timeout anymore ... he was told to call it and even though he knew he was out, when trapped he forgot ... should have passed the ball to jalen after the rebound

Jalen Rose ... i don't use the word often but #SWAG ... dude came off mad smart ... and just got it back then and now ... i wonder how his relationship is w/ c webb now ...

mitch albom
pimp.gif
... bill walton
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
... **** V ... slurping duke as always
laugh.gif

My beef with the NCAA and these schools comes down to them not banning boosters and refusing to place a cap on these coaches salaries. if we're suppose to pretend that these athletes are just regular students and that they shouldn't be recognized for the amount of money they bring to these schools, then the NCAA should ban boosters and these schools should refuse to pay these coaches more than the highest paid faculty member at the school.

Originally Posted by spacerace

saying an argument is weak, without proposing a counter argument is even weaker.

it would eventually turn into who could offer recruits the most amount of money.

Originally Posted by spacerace

saying an argument is weak, without proposing a counter argument is even weaker.

it would eventually turn into who could offer recruits the most amount of money.

The Colombian national team
The Vlade Divac one
The U

top 3 ... this is honorable mention along with the oj one

1. The U
2. Pony Excess
3. Marcus Dupree
4. Fab 5
5. Two Escobars
6. Run Ricky Run

Give all student athletes the same alloance.

Pay them just like a regular student would get paid for working in the bookstore/cafe/library.

Pay them for practice hours/game hours/etc.

It's enough money for meals out, weekends, random small purchases but not enough to flaunt a new car.

Give all student athletes the same alloance.

Pay them just like a regular student would get paid for working in the bookstore/cafe/library.

Pay them for practice hours/game hours/etc.

It's enough money for meals out, weekends, random small purchases but not enough to flaunt a new car.

The Colombian national team
The Vlade Divac one
The U

top 3 ... this is honorable mention along with the oj one

1. The U
2. Pony Excess
3. Marcus Dupree
4. Fab 5
5. Two Escobars
6. Run Ricky Run

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by aepps20

The Hypocrisy of the schools and the NCAA is just disgusting.
Players should get payed.
But besides the money issue, penalizing the TEAM was the right thing to do. Rules are rules and the University values the integrity of the school far more than just a basketball banner.

Whether you like it or not. College sports is a business and these kids are getting screwed.

Back
Top Bottom