ESPN Insider Request: Lebron Closing in on Jordan

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

I can't wait for Lebron to win his ring, that would shut all the haters up. Unfortunately, I don't see the Cavs winning it this season
he will eventually....

with the nets or the knicks
pimp.gif

i don't like him ... but besides the travels, and blocks from behind that are fouls....

in all seriousness ... HIS VISION can't be denied ... a @$@%@% gifted passer ... i can't hate on that

the cavs have the best outside shooting team OF ALL TIME

chris paul would average 25 assists per game with that team

Originally Posted by DTruth07

He's the best player in the league
Yupz. And it's not even close. But winning it all in the playoffs is a whole different ballgame in itself. I'm hoping he's figured it out and his teammates will step up this year. Should make for a crazy playoffs though. Cavs are gonna have to go thru Orlando and LAL. No easy feat.

LeBron needs that 1st ring.. but once he gets it, expect complete domination for years to come in the playoffs..

How THE HELL is Jordan's 88-89 season only his fourth best according to this stupid PER formula?? It's hands down his best season statistically.

Originally Posted by knightngale

the cavs have the best outside shooting team OF ALL TIME

chris paul would average 25 assists per game with that team

Another member of the Team Lakers ready to put a negative spin on LeBron. Bron was averaging 7.2 assists in his second year as a 20-year old kid when the only guy who averaged more than 0.5 3-pointers per game he had on his team was Jeff McInnis (1.2 threes per game).

The Lakers are the easiest team to score for. Kevin Durant would average 56 points on that team, score 119 points in a game and hit 45 game winning buzzer beaters in a season.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

How THE HELL is Jordan's 88-89 season only his fourth best according to this stupid PER formula?? It's hands down his best season statistically.
The chart was misleading because PER goes much deeper statistically. Hollinger just put the main three categories on the chart, but there are a lot of factors.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The chart was misleading because PER goes much deeper statistically. Hollinger just put the main three categories on the chart, but there are a lot of factors.

In what deeper way can the 87-88 season be considered better than the 88-89 one?

He averaged 2.5 points, 0.3 steals and 0.8 blocks in 87-88, but averaged 2.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists more in 88-89, along with better FG%, 3PT% and FT%. PER is horrible, just horrible.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

And dudes laughed when I said he can average a triple double if he wanted too.

8 assist and 8 rebounds ain't too far away..

i'm still laughing at that. he's having a nice year but cmon now

so 1987-1991 Jordan had some crazy(top 6 all time) PER numbers...
91 was his second mvp? and first championship

lebrons on his way to two straight top 6 all time PER seasons and his second MVP

trend? 

laugh.gif
jk

i just found it interesting that none of MJs championship years, besides 91, are on the list.
just the years he was dominating statistically, and struggling for playoff success(sounds familiar..)

but makes sense,  his team was gettin better, pippen was emerging and in turn he was required to do less.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

I can't wait for Lebron to win his ring, that would shut all the haters up. Unfortunately, I don't see the Cavs winning it this season

Lol, who will? Cavs almost has it in the bag.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I actually hope Lebron stays in Cleavland, right know it's a pretty even league, there is no one stand out team. I like when there is a challenge, I don't want to see sweeps all the way to the Finals. I want to see close games.

I hope James stays in a Cavs uni, that is unless he somehow becomes a Laker.

wow a laker fan doesn't want a stand out team.
alien.gif
your team as been super stacked since pau came there.

so if bron comes to the lakers and it's a stand out team. thaaat's okay with you
laugh.gif
no $%$+

Back
Top Bottom