ESPN is turrible vol. charles barkley joins grammy family

stayed home sick and tried to watch espn today... couldn't stand it 

repetitive

shows with people arguing

Saints

honestly, do people watch this crap?

For your average sports fan, it's one of the best options. And I'm talking about average fans, who might not be on a website like Niketalk to discuss sports, follow writers on Twitter, read Deadspin, or check half a dozen websites that offer better coverage of their sports of choice.

An average sports fan just wants something on in the background, watch some highlights, see some arguments, and provide a recap of the bigger stories of the day. Not to mention, unless you're subscribing to sports specific cable packages, ESPN will be your destination for tons of games. It's always on and it's ingrained as the destination for sports on television.

Barkley champagne bath tho
laugh.gif

Watch first take for the lulz, and sportcenter for the highlights. But they do have a few talk shows that are highly repetitive

I honestly only watch ESPN for the shows these days. (PTI,ATH,First Take, etc.)

NFL & NBA networks for the highlights.

ATH/PTI probably my favorite segments.

If I wake up early enough I'll try and catch Mike & Mike and SVP.

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

ATH/PTI probably my favorite segments.
That's all I watch. And I'll check Dan LeBatard's new show on Youtube for the special guests he interviews with his dad.

First take went down hill as soon as they went from the 10 topic format.

Now Stephen A Smith is full time?

They're going to milk this show for everything.

There is such a thing as too much good.

I think first take is doing that.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

For your average sports fan, it's one of the best options. And I'm talking about average fans, who might not be on a website like Niketalk to discuss sports, follow writers on Twitter, read Deadspin, or check half a dozen websites that offer better coverage of their sports of choice.
Exactly. 
TV can't compete with the internet. Why would I sit around through commercials, MLS highlights and other *@+$ I don't care about when there are forums and outlets that cater to EXACTLY what I want, when I want and in complete detail? 

Aint bad. Watch it for bball games, SC sometieme, mike and Mike , PTI , and Dan Lebatard show. Aint gonna lie,I skip half the stuff and listen to it on my phone as podcasts. dont judge me.

its been awful. its seems like they just want to show whatever is currently popular on goofy sports blogs.  lets not forget the lives they attempt to ruin for ratings by paying reporters and investigators to dig deeper into stories.
ive stopped watching for a long time.  during football season im only watching nfl network, and now im only watching nba tv.

I just hate how ESPN's material basically follows a script. For example, for the NBA halftime shows, Magic and crew just say the same generic things about the winning team etc. It's just really manufactured.

The thing that sets TNT apart is that Barkley and Kenny will speak their minds and go off on tangents and just talk. It's more real and credible.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I just hate how ESPN's material basically follows a script. For example, for the NBA halftime shows, Magic and crew just say the same generic things about the winning team etc. It's just really manufactured.

The thing that sets TNT apart is that Barkley and Kenny will speak their minds and go off on tangents and just talk. It's more real and credible.
The thing is that talent gets frustrated at ESPN so now they bastardize what talent they do have and make them un attractive for anyone else to pluck.
Too many Kevin Frazer's, DA's coming along and saying I will take a little less or go to a different discipline to be somewhere else

Oh yea and right on time.....

The thing is, alot of people dont fully understand ESPN. ESPN is just like any other news channel like CNN, MSNBC, etc... You dont think CNN isnt talking about the presidential elections and candidates all the time? They are. If there is a big storm, you expect CNN not to talk about it? That is exactly what ESPN does. Why is there so much Saints talk? Because that is the biggest story of the day. Its like expecting CNN not to talk about the primaries going on right now. You know they are going to be talking about that stuff.

SportsCenter isnt a show you sit down and watch all day. It repeats. The normal, everyday, joe cant sit at home and watch SportsCenter all day or surf the web so when they get home to watch SC, they expect a recap of the biggest stories of the day.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

An average sports fan just wants something on in the background, watch some highlights, see some arguments, and provide a recap of the bigger stories of the day. Not to mention, unless you're subscribing to sports specific cable packages, ESPN will be your destination for tons of games. It's always on and it's ingrained as the destination for sports on television.

THIS
MLB Network though 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom