ESPN lost their mind with their poll..

[h1]http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1049532[/h1]
[h1]KG calls ESPN.com poll 'distasteful'[/h1]
By Mark Murphy / Celtics Notebook
Saturday, December 8, 2007 - Updated 42m ago

A poll on ESPN.com's Page 2 yesterday may have been intended as edgy humor, but one of the poll's subjects - Kevin Garnett - called this entry "distasteful."

The poll, drawing on the sports world's current enmity toward Boston, asked users to vote for the event they would rather see happen - the Steelers beating the Patriots [team stats], Johan Santana being traded to any team but the Red Sox [team stats], or Garnett blowing out his knee.

That's right, blowing out his knee.

Garnett, his mouth ajar in disbelief upon hearing about the poll after last night's game, recovered long enough to say, "Wow, that's really distasteful, man. Man, I mean, that's my life, my career. You don't joke about something like that."

Garnett then leaned toward the nearest door - made of wood, naturally - and rapped his knuckles on it, before asking a team official to contact ESPN to register his dismay.

At least poll results showed that almost no one chose the Garnett option. Perhaps even readers were scared off by the question's mean-spirited nature.

Celtics [team stats] coach Doc Rivers certainly wasn't happy.

"That's classless," Rivers said. "I know it's a joke, but you should never wish for someone's injury. That's all I have to say about that, but it's classless."

By late last night the Boston question had been replaced by a Heisman Trophy query.

indifferent.gif
smh.gif

ESPN has become classless and Access Hollywood type programing for awhile now. I seriously wish there were an alternative to them.

I hate the Celtics and all of Boston sports as a Knicks fan from NY. But no doubt KG has a right to get salty. Thats what he does his whole career. Peopleshouldnt be wishing for an injury just bbecause they are losing.

I remember particualy back in the 90s when MJ and the Bulls were beating down the Knicks in the ECF every year. I never once wished for an injury to him.Partially because i respect the hell out of MJ, but also same thing for guys i dispise like Reggie Miller. For one i know that its their job and you reallyshouldnt wish for injury (except for Eddy Curry who shouldnt be playing bball in the first place) but also because i knew, that if i wanted the Knicks to winthe Championship, i wanted to beat the best. What fun is it to beat an MJless Bulls (which we did) or a Reggie-less Pacers. i hate winning like that. If guysare so good that you have to wish for injury, they deserve to win nothing less. Thats why when i watch my teams today and i see guys playing killer games andthan getting hurt i always get pissed. I want to beat the best. Even with the Celtics today. I hate them and i want the Knicks to win, but in no way do i wantany of them to get hurt. if they beat us like they did last week, and we have to go so low as to wish for an injury, they deserve to win. Nothing less. Badpoll by ESPN and no doubt KG should be pissed, if i was in his plaace i would be too. Its one things when guys want to beat you bad and beat your team, but itgets scary when people wish for you to get hurt.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I would expect to see some dumb +$#+ like that from some NT peeps.

But ESPN? Come on now...

I remember when I first got cable a few years ago (Yea, I know it was mad late), all I did was watch ESPN. All sports all the time? Hell yea.

But lately I just find myself disgusted with the network. They don't report the news, they just hype up certain teams/players and their so-called"experts" are usually just flat out wrong or try to say controversial stuff just to get attention.

Their coverage of college football has gotten worse and worse. I usually just watch ESPNEWS now so I don't have to hear all these biased homers hype uptheir alma maters or former conferences or Notre Dame
sick.gif
. Even this year when Notre Dameis garbage, they salvage the season by talking about how bad Notre Dame is, and what's wrong with Notre Dame. Nobody cares! Where is your nonstop coveragefor all the other two-win teams? Yea, Notre Dame doesn't deserve any attention either.

When they're not doing that they're hyping up the Yanks and the Sox nonstop. Or comparing Dwade/Lebron/Kobe to MJ. I'm a Kobe fan, but Icouldn't stand it during the 04 Finals when they kept comparing him to MJ. Just leave it alone already. And don't even get me started on their coverageof the Sean Taylor shootings. I wanted to boycott the network altogether after that.

Wow, talk about bringing bad karma to the company......

Can they do it? Sure. Is it in the best interest of the company? Probably not......

ESPN has become classless and Access Hollywood type programing for awhile now. I seriously wish there were an alternative to them.
Like I've always said, they're the National Enquirer of sports reporting. They pull you up to get ratings and immediately pull you backdown to get ratings. No integrity at all. Most of the "qualified" analysts are jokes and there to hype up their own ex teams, ex teammates and mostof all themselves. The quality of reporting has regressed to shock value, corny humor and puff pieces. I'd be pissed if I was Garnett too.

27th4theHood wrote:
smh.gif
why not "Brady blowing out his knee"
roll.gif

Everyone else is like, "That's messed up, giving people the option to vote on Garnett being injured."

Then you come through like, "That's messed up, giving people the option to vote on Garnett being injured. People should have the option to vote onBrady being injured."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

FSN?

NFL-N for nfl.. schefter, dukes, mooch, baldy and co. keep it real.

Back
Top Bottom