ESPN ZONE in DC set to close...

damn..

hopefully one of the other spots will make use of the deck in the inner harbor.....

Scenery during the summer is
pimp.gif

D&B needs to pick that spot up. Or someone similar. There needs to be a place like that within city limits

Economy?

Yes due to the economy, also the ESPN Zone in Baltimore, Atlanta, and 2 other places that I can't remember off hand are closing as well.  Simply put the overhead was too high for the DC location.

was it just me or did that place seem underused by ESPN themselves... like you wuld see them do remotes from Baltimore, Atl. and obviously NY and LA, but i cant remember a time they did one from DC

i'm surprised HARD ROCK CAFE is still there.  we lost PLANET HOLLYWOOD a few years ago and now ESPN ZONE.  do people really go to HRC like that?

speaking of downtown, is that WARNER BROS. store still down there?  i haven't been down by the shops in a minute.  i used to take my little brother down there regularly for the sweatshirts and tees.  
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Yes due to the economy, also the ESPN Zone in Baltimore, Atlanta, and 2 other places that I can't remember off hand are closing as well.  Simply put the overhead was too high for the DC location.

Only 2 ESPN Zones are left and they are both in Cali (LA and Anaheim).

It will be missed..

they sucked anyways. never would show the fights and their technology sucked.

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

was it just me or did that place seem underused by ESPN themselves... like you wuld see them do remotes from Baltimore, Atl. and obviously NY and LA, but i cant remember a time they did one from DC

Didnt they use to do Monday Night Football from there a few years back

i havent been to espn zone in yrs. probably will miss it tho.
wonder what they will do with that big building now? (harbor location)

Back
Top Bottom