European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Originally Posted by I3

I hope Madrid sign CRonaldo.

NO !.....
mad.gif

laugh.gif
very true LootPac. But no denying RVP does have a ton of talent, and during the games he does play he makes a difference. That left foot of his issomething vicious.

Anyone read that article on soccernet a few days ago about Wenger saying the club will be looking to develop young players and then sell them in order to payoff its Emirates Stadium debt?

I think its time for me to find a new English team to support.
smh.gif

MADRID (AFP) - Barcelona said Tuesday they are ready to play hardball and prevent Ronaldinho from joining the Brazil squad for the Beijing Games.

From SoccerNet

Galliani: It's Ronaldinho or Adebayor for Milan
Updated: July 9, 2008, 6:16 AM ET

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani insists the Italians will sign only one of Emmanuel Adebayor and Ronaldinho - which could spell good news forManchester City.

The pair have been linked with switches to the San Siro this summer, with Galliani claiming Arsenal have sent him a letter saying they are willing to discuss adeal for Adebayor but remaining tight-lipped regarding Barcelona's Ronaldinho.
However, the 64-year-old insists any deal for one would end interest in the other, with the possibility of two big-name new signings having a negative effecton the Rossoneri - and Adebayor, who scored 30 goals in 48 games for Arsenal last season, appears to be Galliani's first choice.

If Milan do turn to the Togo striker, it would therefore leave City as the only bidders for Ronaldinho.
'Let's be clear about this: Adebayor is the alternative to Ronaldinho and vice-versa,' Galliani said in a statement.
'We consider Kaka and (Alexandre) Pato first-team players. Having two players of the calibre of Adebayor and Ronaldinho would create a lot of problems inthe dressing room.'

On Adebayor, who the Gunners value at around £36million, he added on Tuesday: 'If Adebayor decides to leave Arsenal, we are certainly interested.
'The English club have told us they are available to be contacted to negotiate for the player. This is a step forward, but the road is still long.'

Hm, I'd love to see either Ade or Ronaldinho in the red and black..I think the only way that Ade would come into action is if Milan goes back to the4-3-1-2, with Pato playing right beside Ade..

But then again, either of those 2 guys coming to Milan is tough with their lack of getting into the CL (
smh.gif
)

i figured it was something like that. of course he's not going back to west ham

anyways, did page 18 just disappear for anyone else? *%@

I heard on an LFC message board that media outlets in Spain are confirming that David Silva will be signing with Liverpool. Who knows how credible the sourceis though.

Originally Posted by America Bambaataa

Too many Liverfool and Gooner posts the last few pages. Too many for clubs with no hardware.

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

the Thursday issue of Marca reports.. Real Madrid are very close to signing Rafael Van der Vaart

"The agreement with the player is totally complete, and the negotiations with HSV will close within the next few days"

Surprising to say the least.. if true. We'll see.

Real Madrid was linked to him last year before signing Wesley Sneijder. Atletico are interested in him.

g0710.jpg

Anyone read that article on soccernet a few days ago about Wenger saying the club will be looking to develop young players and then sell them in order to pay off its Emirates Stadium debt?
Yeah, I want to know where thats coming from. Is it a directive the board has talked about, the shareholders, or is it just Arsene gone mad?Whoever came up with this idea must not have factored in the sale of tickets, merchandise, sponsorships, and the other revenue from running a club. Also theressupposed to be some condo's put up where highbury used to be, and that was supposed to start to generate massive revenue in around 2012 or something. Ireally can't see the club hurting that much they need to sell 24m worth of players a season. After all, we've transfered 2 players in this season andhaven't sold anything, and Arsene said he does not want to sell anyone. I really hope this is some weird ploy to get rid of some trash(Hleb) and bring insome treasures, or Frenchmen, probably frenchmen.

Too many Liverfool and Gooner posts the last few pages. Too many for clubs with no hardware.
indifferent.gif
First off, I don't think you've postedanything in this thread at all, if you want to contribute stuff about how you're a glory hunter and you've loved Chelsea since the Steve Sidwell days,or how you can't get over how class United was when they signed Patrice Evra, then go right ahead. But you can't complain if you're not going tocontribute. As far as the last few pages, if you look through the topics consist of; how garbage Benzema is because he had a bad tourney, Ronaldo, moreRonaldo, and other stuff. Theres not even much pool stuff at all even. Its mostly Arsenal and United news, but thats because those are probably the 2 biggerclubs in the US.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
I thought this thread was made for discussing the off-season movesof ALL European soccer teams...
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Trezeguet put Domenech on blast yesterday. Good for him, someone hadto do it. Domenech is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen in international soccer, if it wasn't for France's defence + Vieira+Zidane, Domenechwould've been fired after WC 06. I'm surprised this clown still has a job, I refuse to take France seriously until they hire a legit coach like DidierDeschamps.

Hleb gone to Barca now...this should be interesting to see who he plays for. I doubt he's going to start in place of Ronaldinho or Yaya.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

laugh.gif
smh.gif
I thought this thread was made for discussing the off-season moves of ALL European soccer teams...
indifferent.gif

me too
eyes.gif

in other news.

from liverpoolfc.tv

Peter Crouch has agreed personal terms with Portsmouth, the south coast side are reporting.
The England striker is expected to arrive at Fratton Park in the next 48 hours for a medical before the move can be completed.

Portsmouth's official website is reporting: "Peter Crouch has agreed personal terms with Pompey over his switch from Liverpool.

"The two clubs have agreed an undisclosed fee for the 27-year-old England international, who spent nine months at Pompey in 2001-02.

"The player is due at Fratton Park in the next 48 hours for a medical."

Crouch is leaving Liverpool to pursue regular first-team football.

The Reds announced earlier this week that a fee had been agreed for a player who has scored 42 goals in 135 Anfield appearances.

Back
Top Bottom