Eurozone Financial Crisis Vol. Knowledge Is Power

Good morning friends. 

Day by day I am trying to get a better understanding of the current financial "crisis" taking place across the pond.  I am reading many articles from what I feel are reputable information sources, mainly well known newspapers and resources such as The Economist but I know I am not even scratching the surface.  What I am hoping for is some guidance to additional news outlest, websties, blogs, etc to help further increase my understanding.  Also, if you have your own thoughts to add to help anyone interested please feel free. 

I've been reading about it on bloomberg's website for the most part. What's your understanding of it as of now?

Originally Posted by bruce negro

What's your understanding of it as of now?
It may be considered basic at this point.

Certainly it appears the dominoes are in place to fall, with Greece being the 1st and Spain not too far behind them.  Spain appears too big and imporant to fail but it almost seems that powers like Germany are toying with the idea of allowing Greece to fail or at least impose their will on them leaving them with little to no choice but to abide by the policies set forth.

The elections in France have certainly added a new dimension, with Hollande now pressing Merkel due to his campaign platform.

I am inclined to trust Merkel/Germany on this.  They run a tight ship, by all accounts, and their plans of austerity, while unpopular across the continent, make sense to me.

Edit:

I guess too I am trying to see if the US can benefit from this, namely in the form of the power of the dollar, or it is just all bad and no good comes from it.

[h1]Euro zone slump deepens, China falters[/h1]
[h1][/h1]
Worryingly for European policymakers, a downturn that started in smaller euro zone periphery members is now taking root in the core countries of Germany and France, whose tepid combined growth had been keeping the troubled bloc afloat.

"We are very much in a period of weakening global growth. It doesn't quite feel like 2008 yet but the danger is we could get there quicker than we think," said Peter Dixon at Commerzbank

The data sent German Bund futures to a record high as investors sought relative safety, and the euro fell to a near two-year low against the dollar.

The moves were also exacerbated by Wednesday's news that European Union leaders have been advised by senior officials to prepare contingency plans in case Greece quits the single currency - a once seen unthinkable event.

Germany was actually the first to break the 3% borrowing limit, and other countries "followed suit".  Germany, because of it's more stable and safe financial position though, still came out OK at the expense of other nations.  So really, Germany hasn't always run a "tight ship", and that's why leaders of other nations are taking a hard stance against Germany's policies.

This will explain it all: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16301630

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Appreciate the link.  Certainly helpful in quest for knowledge. 

After reading that I am not sure I necessarily agree with you saying Germany hasnt run a tight ship and how their current state came at the expense of other nations.  It appears that other nations had underlying financial instability that came to the fore when the crisis hit in 2008. 

So is all this stuff happening part of the "master plan", as bad as it all is, it certainly makes one think it took a hell of a collection of minds to formulate and stage every single thing that has happended in the world for however long this one world idea came to fruition.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Appreciate the link.  Certainly helpful in quest for knowledge. 

After reading that I am not sure I necessarily agree with you saying Germany hasnt run a tight ship and how their current state came at the expense of other nations.  It appears that other nations had underlying financial instability that came to the fore when the crisis hit in 2008. 

Well, clearly they haven't always run a tight ship if they went above the 3% limit, but I guess I should have placed more collective blame on all the nations involved.  However, these other nations are certainly within reason in taking a stance against Germany.  Germany and France (recently the duo of Merkel-Sarkozy) have traditionally had powerful positions in important EU institutions, and thus many of their suggested policies have been instituted, including this 3% limit.  Why should other nations continue to listen to Germany's policies when Germany can't even follow what it suggested itself? 
laugh.gif

If all these events are leading towards what the conspiracy theorist believe, and from the looks everything is beyond the control of anyone who is not involved, what is the point of the average person being worried about all this, is it is all part of a plan that was possibly put into place long before any one can think. I mean if it is true that everything is staged and part of some kind of plan, then everything we have are things that were ment for us to have anyway so why should we be concerned about something that is and has supposidly always been controlled. Doesnt it kinda mean that we've never had freedom to begin with, since its all part of a plan.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by LarryEastwood

The stage is being set for a one world currency

Yep 2013

One world government too right?Who is going to lead this is what I'm wondering. It has to someone who can reach people. Someone we can relate to. A great speaker and leader. Someone new and seemingly out of nowhere.

You can read all about it on infowars, he's only been reporting on it for like 17 years now.

Originally Posted by Pig Love

You can read all about it on infowars, he's only been reporting on it for like 17 years now.

Right, because Infowars is definitely the most reputable site around 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Right, because Infowars is definitely the most reputable site around 
laugh.gif
Certainly not the most reputable, but you can't deny the fact that some of dude's predictions are coming to life...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by LarryEastwood

The stage is being set for a one world currency

Yep 2013

One world government too right?Who is going to lead this is what I'm wondering. It has to someone who can reach people. Someone we can relate to. A great speaker and leader. Someone new and seemingly out of nowhere.

someone that'll only be in power for 7 years...

Do you sheep not realize that this system is not sustainable and will eventually implode? The collapse will inevitably cause a chain reaction on financial markets around the world with time, as economies are more globally connected than ever before. Do ya'll think these 15 trillions will pay itself?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Eurozone = Failure of Keynesian Economics and it's subsidiaries ie Supply Side...again.

If you like radio, I would recommend Tom Sullivan for a fairly simple explanation of the financial crisis in not only Europe, but here also. He called the housing bubble in 2005 and started alluding to the problems with Greece spreading globally in 2007 before signs of a financial meltdown started becoming evident.

Is all this economic crisis stuff just a show, if the goal is to install a one world currency why dont they just do it already, what is the hold up.

It's basically debt on a larger magnitude. The eurozone cannot politically tie it together. They have the same currency, but diff't debt/bonds, which make it difficult to unify/bail out.

Back
Top Bottom