Ever had your car break down on the highway Vol. OMG OMG

spincv

Banned
I was driving to work at 6:30 am and I heard a ticking then a pop and smoke just started coming out of my hood. I was in the left lane and had to cross three lanes of traffic trying to get to the breakdown lane. Probably one of the scariest things i have been involved in. Straight #+*++%$$ bricks

I have no clue. I went home from school to use my car, broke it, then went back to school.
But before i left i checked under the hood and noticed a Fuel injection hose just chilling not connected to anything.

+*@#%*@ Yuku 
mad.gif
mad.gif

Never had one break down on the highway. But something semi related. A flattened CB box got lifted off the back of a truck floated in the air and landed smack in the middle of my windshield. I had to cross 3 lanes without being able to see infront of me. I swear I almost pissed myself.

The whole thing happened in like slow motion, cuz I saw the box get lifted and do a couple flips in the air and land dead on my windshield. $#%@ is mad scary when you feel helpless and everyone is goin 70 MPH flyin by you and $#%@.

Even worse when your sitting in your car waiting and each car zooming past you just shakes your car.

i had my '87 monte carlo run out of gas on me. the steering wheel & brakes locked up and the car shot right and stopped about an inch away from the concrete barrier.

that @*!% was scary because i was going on an overpass
sick.gif

My rear left tired exploded while I was on the highway and had to cross 3 lanes to get the emergency lane. Was going around 70 too. Scary thing was changing the tire had see traffic blow a less then 2 feet past you at 70-80 miles an hour
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by spincv

I have no clue. I went home from school to use my car, broke it, then went back to school.
But before i left i checked under the hood and noticed a Fuel injection hose just chilling not connected to anything.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

frown.gif

You dont mean a spark plug wire?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

happened to me driving down to maryland, on the highway, timing belt snapped and we had to pull over...

happened to my boy the other day on the westside highway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Transmission is probably done.

Had this happen twice. Once in an Acura Legend (my car) and once in a Ford Probe (friend's car).

The first time when it happened to me it wasn't a big deal. I was in no rush to get anywhere and had the money to get another car.

The second time I was supposed to be somewhere and got stuck in the middle of nowhere for a couple of days until dude got his money right. I wasn't about to loan him money for a tow and rental. That was his bad as far as I was concerned because he let his drunk gf take the car the night before after they had an argument. She destroyed his car. Dumb $%%#.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

You dont mean a spark plug wire?
Nah i stuck my head under the car and notice a hose just hanging not connect to anything, Kinda jerked the hose (no ayo) and i noticed it had Fuel injection on it.

lol there used to be something wrong with my car where whenever i hit the brakes suddenly the engine would turn off. that was bad news

never really understood how people run out of gas. is your meter broken? do you try to keep going as long as you can or what? i always fill up when i get down to about a 1/4 of a tank. don't really see any reason why anyone would keep driving and driving and driving while their meter keeps getting closer and closer to E.

-waystinthyme

Back
Top Bottom