Ever had your finacial aid suspended?

About to completely fail a math class that will drop me below a 2.0 because its worth 4 credit hours (taking 2 4 credit hour classes, one 3, and one 1). Whatto do?

I have before because I dropped a class that caused my completion rate to fall below 75% of the units i enrolled for. I petitioned and the dean let me go. Youcan try petitioning and say you were working too many hours and didn't have time to completely focus on school work. Then say you are going to work lesshours and focus more on school. They usually let you by the first time.

I really do believe that working 4 10's mon-thurs has made math (trig) extra hard. Because in class I understand it, but when when I get to work and trydoing it I make it till the 10th problem or so and then its a warp, I get lost. So I don't have the chance utilize the schools resources the way I need

yup happened to me this semester... so I just took 2 easy classes and paid for them myself and I got an A in both of them to raise my gpa up for thesemester... so i should be able to get it next semester

i have to pay for it, 825 dollars for 3 courses that i dropped and stopped attending in the middle of the semester. the thing is, i appealed twice before so idont think they'll let me slide this time. i had a two 4.0 last semester and i dropped econ because it wasnt relevant to my major... but now i owe thestate and college 825 total since i dropped all the courses without notifying them beforehand
frown.gif
frown.gif

Well I know at my school if your GPA goes below a 2.0 they put you on probation for the following year and if you don't raise it by the time the next FAFSAcomes around then you're screwed!

I suggest appealing your #*! off if you're borderline. Come up with a good story or something.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

^^But you didn't try to appeal?

Na it was basically to late semester was about to start and I didn't have all the money upfront for a full schedule so appealing it wouldn't have doneme much good

I have some good news, I talked to the finacial aid lady and she told me that my cumalitive can't drop below 2.0
eek.gif
. I thought it was for the semester. Iwill just be out on probation!!! Whew. Thank you Jesus, seriously

I'm so happ!
laugh.gif
, re-swaggeredX1,000,000 Trillion. Gonna get silly this weekend
laugh.gif
. Second chances FTW!!!!

I'm so happ!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Second chances FTW!!!!
laugh.gif
You should get silly with that trig book. Math is allabout practice. Just do it over and over again.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

I'm so happ!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Second chances FTW!!!!
laugh.gif
You should get silly with that trig book. Math is all about practice. Just do it over and over again.

Oh will. But my last final is in a couple hours and with the good news I just came upon I'm getting right this weekend
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BgL2687

I'm so happ!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Second chances FTW!!!!
laugh.gif
You should get silly with that trig book. Math is all about practice. Just do it over and over again.

Oh will. But my last final is in a couple hours and with the good news I just came upon I'm getting right this weekend
pimp.gif

I hope you learned something. Second chances dont come agan. Study hard.

I have some good news, I talked to the finacial aid lady and she told me that my cumalitive can't drop below 2.0
eek.gif
. I thought it was for the semester. I will just be out on probation!!! Whew. Thank you Jesus, seriously

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ you being thankful of the fact that you're going to be on Academicprobation...just make sure you take care of biz next semester or else...
2zr0svc.gif

Anyway, in response to your OG question, I don't receive financial aid at my home school anymore, or rather--I've been cut off because I have about145+ credits and somewhere, there was a rule saying that after a certain # of credits, you weren't going to be eligible for aid anymore considering ittakes 120 creds to earn a Bachelors and graduate.

So yeah, at my home school, I'm @*%ed out. Knowing this h/e, I took a yr off (this fall and spring) to work and save up--while taking classes at my localCC at a much lower price. And because I'm technically in a new school, I qualify for aid...
pimp.gif

But when I do head back to my home University next fall, I'll have to do the whole petition thing as see how I fare.

Back
Top Bottom