Ever Suffered An Injury, How Was The Recovery?

Share Your Stories. 
Just Want To Hear Peoples Injuries & How Quick Or Did The Recovery Process Take Longer Than Expected?

And Were You Skeptical On Going To The Gym Or Being Athletic? After the Recover did you feel you lost 'a step' because of it? How Did You Bounce back?

I Suffered A Bruised Rib, It's Been A Week, I Can Breathe and Run Around now, I still feel slight pains but not enough to keep me away... I want to test it at the gym, go light obviously but Tired of being caged in my room.. and getting fat 
grin.gif

Appreciate it.

EDIT: And Ever Since That Injury are you more likely suffering it again?

Broken ankle due to my school gym floor in a bball game. It got so bad after 3 months I took off my own cast with a pair of scissors

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Broken ankle due to my school gym floor in a bball game. It got so bad after 3 months I took off my own cast with a pair of scissors
Did you ever go see the Doc after you took off the cast? Were you 100%?

Acl tear playing football physical therapy was like hell...

Didn't lose a step but took me awhile to get I'm get hurt again out my head..

Broken arm & broken hand all at the same time fell going after a ball and came down hard.

No physical therapy just a cast and some gadget to keep my arm flexiable.

All these injuries on the same field.

Medical bills are a %^*#

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Did you ever go see the Doc after you took off the cast? Were you 100%?
Yea. I was just so bothered by it I just sat at the edge of the tub and just sawed at the damn thing with the scissors. I went to the doctor and he said I was barely in the ok range otherwise he would have to re break my ankle. 

Tore my hamstring my junior year in high school. Ever since then, every time I sprint, I pull it. Doesn't matter if I stretched for an hour before hand, it happens every time.

Pretty sure I pulled my hamstring back in 8th grade

I was shook to run for the rest of track season (2 months) took a WHILE for me to believe i was 100%

bulging disks (back) senior year of HS from power cleans.

went through all the typical rehab routine (physical therapy, cortizone shots) before hand but none worked. finally elected surgery. stayed in hospital for about 4 days and was fully recovered about a month after the operation. I was off my feet for about 2 weeks after the operation.

After I shattered my clavicle In A biking accident I had surgery to repair it. 4 screws and a long metal plate were implanted. They're there for life. I still feel numb in my bicep area but I. Have no lasting pain. Hardest part was getting back on the bike. From surgery to 100% took about 5 months.

Broke my Tibia and fibula in my leg playing soccer. Snapped clean in half. The bottom 14 inches of my leg was just swinging back and forth. had to get a titanium rod and screws put in. 4-6 months till I was able to walk without a crutch or cane, took another 1-2 months of rehab with our team's trainers and was back playing about a year later.

Made me loose a lot of confidence in my body. I had broken other bones before, but never anything this bad.

Man, I have many.... but that last one, I was fixing the shower door of my bathroom....had to hammer a peice in to the door, the vibration caused the glass to shatter, sending a nice sharp peice went right through my arm.....healed up in a couple of days though....

tore right ACL playing basketball senior year of high school. tore it mid season, got surgery start of summer (i didnt want to be it crutches for grad)
started physio after my surgery, and continued during the whole summer. was cleared to play by february. started to shoot around and actually run up and down by january. doctor/physiotherapists said it would take a year to start playing. *humble brag*

i got a knee brace specifically for basketball, it prevents some movement, but i know i won't tear it again. at first i was very skeptical at playing. but ive been playing ever since.
cant find time for ball now though. only play every wed/sat.
tired.gif
got a treadmill and bike at home, so i just do that with other exercises to keep my knee 'active'.

I tore my left ACL and MCL playing baseball in high school(Tore it in July) I got cleared to play baseball again in February. Physical Therpy a week after surgery was painful. the pulling and leg bending, and your leg dont have no strength in it. i must admit. The physical therapy does work.

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Share Your Stories. 
Just Want To Hear Peoples Injuries & How Quick Or Did The Recovery Process Take Longer Than Expected?

And Were You Skeptical On Going To The Gym Or Being Athletic? After the Recover did you feel you lost 'a step' because of it? How Did You Bounce back?

I Suffered A Bruised Rib, It's Been A Week, I Can Breathe and Run Around now, I still feel slight pains but not enough to keep me away... I want to test it at the gym, go light obviously but Tired of being caged in my room.. and getting fat 
grin.gif

Appreciate it.

EDIT: And Ever Since That Injury are you more likely suffering it again?
If you have healthcare, you need to go to the doctor.  You will reinjure your ribs once you start playing and get hit in the rib cage.

High ankle sprain. Level 2. It rolled off another guys foot and touched the ground. The bones locked up and i had to have a chiropractor adjust it. That happened in November and im just getting back to hooping again. The doc told me that i wont be 100% until about may

I broke my humerus in half snowboarding. Worst pain I can ever really imagine myself going through. It was clean in half, very close to poking through skin, tore my bicep, tricep, and did some nerve damage. Overall took about 8 months to get 100% again. I still can't put as much weight above my head with the arm as I could with my right arm.

Back
Top Bottom