Ever think Jay/Nas beef was staged? Vol. ?

With this whole friendship that they have going on now, my suspicions that their beef was staged for marketing process have grown. It makes sense from allaspects. Jay-Z needed something huge to push him over the edge into legit mainstream rapper, and Nas needed something to rekindle his career. They get intothis "beef" without anything really sparking it, and then release albums almost simultaneously, whose buzz is largely created by the beef, and bothof which are huge successes. A few years later, the beef is no longer interesting/newsworthy, so they appear on stage and squash the beef, once again abrilliant move from a marketing standpoint.

Not that this makes me like the beef records, or Jay and Nas any less,
pimp.gif
to both men for making money off the beef.

at some points i do think it is. but some points i do. i read interviews of nas complaining about how jay was hyping him to do the whole end the beef on thehip hop is dead album and they were gonna do lots of tracks this and that. then only one track came out so he was bent on that. i dont know if this is true ornot but ive heard rumors of nas saying @@%@ jay z at concerts last summer i could be misinformed.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

With this whole friendship that they have going on now, my suspicions that their beef was staged for marketing process have grown. It makes sense from all aspects. Jay-Z needed something huge to push him over the edge into legit mainstream rapper, and Nas needed something to rekindle his career. They get into this "beef" without anything really sparking it, and then release albums almost simultaneously, whose buzz is largely created by the beef, and both of which are huge successes. A few years later, the beef is no longer interesting/newsworthy, so they appear on stage and squash the beef, once again a brilliant move from a marketing standpoint.

Not that this makes me like the beef records, or Jay and Nas any less,
pimp.gif
to both men for making money off the beef.
Uhh...Jay was probably the BIGGEST artist out at that time. I don't think he needed anything to push him over the edge into a legit mainstreamartist.

Hell nah! In the Takeover, he also got at Mobb Deep so he was being real. He was just trying to clean house and "takeover" the rap game. Brought itback to the essence basically with lyrical combat. It was the best thing for hiphop at the time. Jay sparked a fire under Nas which made him comeback and claimthe throne imo. The Takeover and Ether will always be remembered as the best battle. They both were heavyweights in the game and the lyrical content surpassedall other beefs. The beef was legit. Nas won.

Yep, they been friends for mad long, then beef, then label mates...its a little fishy but it helped their careers more than it hurt so its a good business moveif it really was fake

With this whole friendship that they have going on now,
they aint "friends", per se....

i often think ALL rap beef is staged...but the rivalry's been going on for years with those two. when Nas was saying how Jay had all his vintage recordsand all that, i could believe that. thing i liked was that there's mad subliminals

Is That Yo Chick
Eye For An Eye Freestyle
Still Survive (the line where Nas said how cats was using Bigs name in vain)
the joint where Nas said he'd let a slug melt in Bleeks hat

-

Maybe im not sure...why would nas just stop....but then again nas works for jay z or so i heard.

I've been sayn this for the longest... why would jay do a fake beef if he wouldn't come up off it... jay aint need no help sellin... nas the only dudewho woulda got anything out of a fake battle... and he still got shorted...

and fake or not u don't let nobody talk about ya BM situation like that...

"Got skills homie, till you do that gangsta +!$+/
So you rhyme about the streets, go platinum with gangsta hits/
Them same ninjas discredit you and get glocks/
Aint nobody learn from Biggie and 2Pac?/
Now its Mobb Deep vs Jigga, Jay Z vs Nas/
Nas vs Mega, Nature, Beanie and Camron/
Doc D-R-E vs Jermaine Dupri/
Tha Liks and Snoop Dogg vs X to the Z/
And Suge Knight vs Rap and LAC/
But I'ma tell yall ninjas what troubles me/
Every label got a life insurence policy/
So when we ninjas die in these streets/ That white exec collect off of ya death, and get all the cheese/
Wanna put you on the cover of they magazines/
Reminesce what you was goin to be/
Then some cheap imitation get rich being his wanna be"
- Ras Kass

And that's basically it, people pay attention to conflict, when people pay attention to something it makes them eager consumers, and that makes more money. . . No label will EVER Lose money off the repercussions of any beef a rapper may be in, that's the facts of life . . .

"i often think ALL rap beef is staged..."
So true

That was a pretty dope verse, especially for Ras Kass no diss.

They where cool before Nas didn't show up to the studio to be on Reasonable Doubt. Then Jay-Z started hitting his BM while he was still with her (A. I.too). Since then they started jabbing each other in various songs that Blackmagnus51 pointed out plus Jay-Z verse on "Put Your Hands Up". It seemlike as they got older they realized that it was childish.

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by HOVTALK

Jay-Z needed something huge to push him over the edge into legit mainstream rapper
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This guy's opinion immediately became invalid as soon as I read that.

Either you don't understand what I'm saying, or you're too young to remember. "legit mainstream rapper" is a very rare stratospherein the rap world. This is the stage at which a rapper is known and listened to by fans of TRL and pop radio. Jay-Z was bordering on this level before the beef,but the beef and Blueprint pushed him over the edge. H to the izzo video was like his coronation as a mainstream rapper. He's no longer a mainstream rapperlike that, he's back a little further towards the hood as far as his music, and he's further down on the TRL kids' playlists. Kanye West is theclosest thing we have to a legit mainstream rapper right now. Even 50 Cent is fading. Nelly and Eminem faded, and everyone else recent wasn't even therelong enough to count. If Akon was a rapper he'd be on the list.

Back
Top Bottom