EVO 2014 - Who's hyped?

Never watched Melee tourney style.  I know its 1v1, but is it just that one flat stage?

ROB your avy looks like Morrigan 
nerd.gif
It's Samus or Justin Bailey.

Wow, didn't know there was this many people on here interested in the FGC :smokin
My predictions:
UMVC3 - FChamp (won't be surprised if Chris G loses to 2 unknowns)
AE - Daigo (The Beast will return)

Excited for marvel, but I feel like its losing the hype.  Too many streams/vids, too many tourneys, too much tech, too early.  Once one person shows new tech, its a standard for the character by the next few weeks.

Its still gonna be hype, i was there 2 years ago when PR Rog reset the grand finals with a tron bonne lvl 3 on a dark phoenix.  Place went nuts... Don't really care who wins this year, I just want MarlinPie to get some stream time and some crazy new tech by anyone.

I wanna see fchamp beat chris g.

there's a lot of great player and apparently nemo a japanese player has been surprisingly bodying all the americans he played at the hotel. including ray ray moons, flocker, etc.

I got money chris G loses for sure. He's going to choke. the tourney is too big and his strategy is near perfect but stagnant. someone is going to bop him.

in the past he's lost because of a shuma assist (xray) chris. basically matchups/assists he isn't familiar with.

i bet he'll see a few of those at evo

infiltration seriously needs to finally lose btw. im sick of him winning :lol:

Last edited:
i dont play these games but i always end up watching

is j wong still in this

Yup he'll be there. He placed top 8 in 3 different games at the CEO tournament two weeks ago.

Wow..I never knew. I grew up in the gold era of fighting games. Just seeing people spend so much money at the arcades and literally being idolized for being so good.

How does this tournament pan out? Like a poker tournament with tons of people entering or just the best of the best?

The majority of the fighting game tournaments in the US are double elimination.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-player-guide/evo-tournament-format/

Click on "double elimination" on the page in the url for a more specific explanation(If you don't already know).

Haven't been keeping up with the FGC as I grow older, but I always gotta tune in for EVO :pimp:
:lol:

Virtua Fighter in the US. |I

That's the game I play. Its disappointing its not more popular here, it really is a great game. But its not made by the right company(Capcom).

Also just noticed, no Injustice?

It's going to be there. I accidentally posted the original line up list that didn't include it.

I want to see Daigo vs Infiltration run it back. Was so bummed when Diago lost to him at the 25th anniversary tourney.

Excited for marvel, but I feel like its losing the hype. Too many streams/vids, too many tourneys, too much tech, too early. Once one person shows new tech, its a standard for the character by the next few weeks.

Its still gonna be hype, i was there 2 years ago when PR Rog reset the grand finals with a tron bonne lvl 3 on a dark phoenix. Place went nuts... Don't really care who wins this year, I just want MarlinPie to get some stream time and some crazy new tech by anyone.

I stopped following Marvel for this very reason earlier this year. It was just OD. But I'll be tuning to it now. Would be cool if they came out with a new balance patch. Though im not sure what would/should be changed.

Last edited:
I want to see Daigo vs Infiltration run it back. Was so bummed when Diago lost to him at the 25th anniversary tourney.
I stopped following Marvel for this very reason earlier this year. It was just OD. But I'll be tuning to it now. Would be cool if they came out with a new balance patch. Though im not sure what would/should be changed.
If Morrigan didn't gain meter with her sister sister super, she would be buns.  No TAC infinites.  More DLC characters

Tuning in for AE only... Infiltration will take it, he swept Daigo in the finals last year. Infiltration is a god damn robot or a machine, he eats sleeps and breathes SF4.

Wow, didn't know there was this many people on here interested in the FGC :smokin
-------
My predictions:
UMVC3 - FChamp (won't be surprised if Chris G loses to 2 unknowns)
AE - Daigo (The Beast will return)

Same.
---
Fchamp not winning marvel. He's been doing terrible ( by top-top level standards) since Evo and
even before that he was kind of the guy who never won anything big. Still though the way Infrit fell off is :x. Feel bad for him.

AE- Heard Daigo might retire after this one. So much competition though. I think whoever wins will be non-American though.

Get ready for the character bandwagon

Whichever character wins the finals of a game will just appear like crazy online. I know last year when fuudo won sf4 i saw 48275 fei longs a day

Get ready for the character bandwagon

Whichever character wins the finals of a game will just appear like crazy online. I know last year when fuudo won sf4 i saw 48275 fei longs a day
:lol: I member when Daigo used Guile against J Wong at Capcom Fight Club LA for SSFIV & afterwards online was full of Guiles :wow:

I think I stayed up till 2am watching tons of past videos online. Had no idea who any of these guys are aside from the two from the notorious video of Ken and Chung Li. Got me realizing how much I would get killed in one of these things when I thought I was puting in work back in the 90's. Haha.

umvc3... chris g most likely will take the championship. f champ was been working on a dormammu/morrigan/ phoenix team. im rooting for yipes, richard nguyen, and marlinpie. out of the three players yipes probably has the best chance. richard lacks experience playing in majors. marlinpie has not played competitively enough recently, dude is mad rusty and just lost in a recent local tournament.

ae... winner is between daigo and infiltration. in the past few years daigo has focused less on street fighter and infiltration has taken over. hopefully we see the beast back.

Back
Top Bottom