Exclusive Interview With Tinker Hatfield

Excellent read... I would say thats the reasoning behind the Steel X being the only X to get the extra leather piece at the toe. Can anyone post pics?Here's what I could find.
Tinkers version....
21nqdm8.gif

Once MJ didnt like it and the "running change" was called for...
ou8miw.gif

Hey thank you very much for that. That was a great read!

I always appreciate Tinker's insight over all others cause the man is THE arcitecht.

Fab1122.....thats exactly the change MJ wanted - the toe piece.

As evidenced in all the X retros....none have the toe piece.

Does anyone have closeup pics of the Steel X MJ wore in that charity game? I wonder if his PE had the extra toe piece

Tinker did not think of the visible air unit. I can't believe he takes the credit for it... or at least alludes to it.

^did Tinker have anything to do w/ the AF1 design? that last paragraph kinda made it sound like that. BTW could you imagine what Tinkers closet collectionlooks like?

Great read and what he said on the last page was true. About how people are so stuck on retroes, the new designs and tech are hard to sell.

And to the dude a couple posts up, who did come up with visible air unit

Great read and what he said on the last page was true. About how people are so stuck on retroes, the new designs and tech are hard to sell.

And to the dude a couple posts up, who did come up with visible air unit

Without Tinker you would have the I's, II's and Lord know what MJ would have worn after that because he was gone if Tinker hadn't designed theIII's.

The X's Mike wore in the charity game did have the extra leather on the toe. Were there original Shadows samples with the extra leather on the toe? Justthe city series and retro X's did not have the extra leather toe piece.

That was the best interview I've read in a minute. Tinker seems down to earth, and laid back. ...I should have him design me some shoes...hahaha

cool interview, i actually read the whole thing. i liked the part when he talked about the whole bape thing, being "flattered" but at the same timenot all that happy with the idea.

Originally Posted by Patrik1tha1

who did come up with visible air unit

Tinker didn't invent the air unit... he came up with the visible air unit concept which, yes indeed he does take full credit for..correct me if i'mwrong but he designed the air max 1, air revolutions, air trainers sc2, (all had visible air units) back in 87 all before the AJ 3.."respect thearchitect" no doubt...

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Originally Posted by Patrik1tha1

who did come up with visible air unit

Tinker didn't invent the air unit... he came up with the visible air unit concept which, yes indeed he does take full credit for..correct me if i'm wrong but he designed the air max 1, air revolutions, air trainers sc2, (all had visible air units) back in 87 all before the AJ 3.."respect the architect" no doubt...
thats what i thought, it was his idea to expose it.

Back
Top Bottom