Experience with refurbished phones??????

EddieWinslow1983

formerly piczon1983
My girl's phone broke and she needs a new one. We have AT&T. And no she doesnt want an iphone. AT&T is offering a refurbished Bold 9700 for $0.01 with a 2 year upgrade. Should I get it or not?
nerd.gif

I wouldn't suggest it.
But it really depends on what the problem was to begin with. A sticky button that's been fixed fine.
But usually those phones had prior screen problems that always seem to pop back up a few months after you get it.

Got my iPhone refurb for $50. It's got a one year warranty, so you're not out anything if it's messes up but I can't tell that it had been used. I think AT&Ts refurbs are a month old or less anyways, so it's not like someone was abusing it for a year before you got it.

refurbs are good. they go through certifications and tests and all that crap.

it will still be under warranty for at least a year when you purchase it. if you have insurance, you should be straight.

refurbs are tested more rigorously than brand new phones. You're more likely to have a problem with a new phone than you would a refurb. all it is...is a new shell with previously used insides. They replace the faulty parts (if needed) slap on a new screen/backing and its good to go. Usually theyre just phones people returned and they cant sell them as new. The fact that you get the exact same warranty with a refurb as you would a new in box model only makes it that much sweeter

try www.recellulartoo.com if u need a phone for the low...

I work at the biggest cellphone refurbisher in the world. and dude above me is correct, they go thru much many test, and process before being resold....I personally had many refurbished cellphones, and besides a scratch here n there there is no difference between new ones

i had a refurbished curve from AT&T

had it for 2 years and worked perfectly(still does)...i still have it but i upgraded to the 9700 this year

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

refurbs are good. they go through certifications and tests and all that crap.

it will still be under warranty for at least a year when you purchase it. if you have insurance, you should be straight.
I bought a blackjack 2 refurbed about a year and a half ago and it was still working fine up till my little bro knocked it into the hot tub last weekend
mad.gif

so i say go for it, but get the insurance for sure

I have a refurbished ATT iPhone 3GS...no problems, couldn't tell any difference aside from the packaging.

Would do this again for sure.

was thinking of getting a 9700 in the future. don't really mind if its a refurb.

any catch to the contract tho? They can't possibly sell u this for .01 straight up?

Back
Top Bottom