FAA reveals (finally) their drone program in 20 States.

article-0-12BD6D73000005DC-24_964x651.jpg

[h1]Is there a drone in your neighbourhood? Rise of spy planes exposed after FAA is forced to reveal 63 launch sites across U.S.[/h1]
  • Unmanned spy planes are being launched from locations in 20 states and owners include the military and universities
By Julian Gavaghan

PUBLISHED:05:15 EST, 24 April 2012 | UPDATED:07:39 EST, 24 April 2012

There are at least 63 active drone sites around the U.S, federal authorities have been forced to reveal following a landmark Freedom of Information lawsuit.

The unmanned planes – some of which may have been designed to kill terror suspects – are being launched from locations in 20 states.

Most of the active drones are deployed from military installations, enforcement agencies and border patrol teams, according to the Federal Aviation Authority.

But, astonishingly, 19 universities and colleges are also registered as owners of what are officially known as unmanned aerial vehicles.

It is thought that many of institutions, which include Cornell, the University of Colorado, Georgia Tech, and Eastern Gateway Community College, are developing drone technology.

There are also 21 mainstream manufactures, such as General Atomics, who are registered to use drones domestically.

As well as active locations, the FAA also revealed 16 sites where licences to use spy planes have expired and four where authorisations have been disapproved, such as Otter Tail County, Minnesota.

The authority revealed the information after a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Its website hosts an interactive map that allows the user to zoom in to the area around where they live to see if any sites are nearby.

However, the FAA is yet to reveal what kinds of drones might be based at any of these locations.

The agency says it will release this data later.

Most of the drones are likely to be small craft, such as the Draganflyer X8, which can carry a payload of only 2.2lb.

Police, border patrols and environmental agencies, such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), could use for them effectively.

While few would object to vast open areas being monitored for wildfires, there are fears of privacy violations if drones are used to spy over cities.

Other drones – likely to be operated only by the armed forces – might include the MQ-9 Reaper and the MQ-1 Predator, which was used to kill American Al Qaeda boss Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen last September.

The FAA released two lists of public and private entities that have applied for authorisations to fly drones domestically.

Certificates of Authorizations (COAs), issued to public entities like police departments, are active in 42 locations, expired in 16 and disapproved in four.

Special Airworthiness Certificates (SACs), issued to private drone manufacturers, are active in 21 locations and not active in 17.

Among the other unanswered questions, however, are is exactly how many drones each registered user owns.

The FAA has confirmed that there were about 300 active COAs and that the agency has issued about 700-750 authorizations since the program began in 2006.

But this information does not reveal how many are owned, for example, by Miami Dade Police Department.

While the use of drones in the U.S. is little known, American operations overseas have been well documented.

As well as high-profile terrorists, campaigners claim hundreds of innocent civilians have been killed in the border regions of Pakistan, where they are most active.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...63-launch-sites-U-S.html

"Oh you conspiracy theorists, they would never do that. You guys are a bunch of fearmongers!"

Military installations flying military aircraft?
Border Patrol watching the border?
Research universities flying experimental aircraft?
NASA flying research aircraft?

It seems to me this is a sensationalistic article considering most of the drones aren't any bigger than your chair.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

It seems to me this is a sensationalistic article considering most of the drones aren't any bigger than your chair.
Do you know what a drone is? It's a small hover-craft with cameras. This is the test phase. The technology has already been tested though. Up next is full drone police state. Don't pay attention, it's your $%+.

roll.gif

Probably get injected by something by force that will make everyone a mind controlled zombie. Then theyll have full cotroll over the human race and thats the end of life. But what does it matter no one cares and wont care.

Its funny cause those in power know they have the entire world in the palm of their hands literally, and people are going to cry outrage and make alot of noise that sadly wont be heard by the masses cause they don't care since most believe because they arent and wont be directly affected by what ever the hell the government has planned for people in the future. The common mindstate of people now isnt built to do anything about this besides very few people, and those that truly do care and want to take action will get followed for a while because people will see it as the cool thing to do and after a week or two go back to their daily lives and those in power will laugh it off and go on with their plans and nothing will be done.

Originally Posted by Grey

Originally Posted by buggz05

K now that's over, it's on to transgenics. I've called this step by step.

what are the other steps? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Supposed to happen in the olympics, some fake alien invasion/false prophet/anti christ appereance similar to the pac hologram or what ever it was, Guess to make people panic and be scared and accept some more bs.

Originally Posted by rashi

roll.gif

Whats so funny about these logical uses?

Do you know what a drone is? It's a small hover-craft with cameras. This is the test phase. The technology has already been tested though. Up next is full drone police state. Don't pay attention, it's your $%+.
A drone is simply a fancy name for a remote control airplane. Do you expect them to fly without a camera? Our city had 3 helicopters flying around the city almost constantly. If a city can decrease the cost of that while also increasing response time to a crime then I don't see the big deal. It's not like they're carrying weapons on them.

Originally Posted by Grey

what are the other steps? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Police state.
laugh.gif

Drones aren't really much to worry about. They are mainly used for gathering information. There are striker drones, but they are pointless in the war on domestic terror when they can easily use other means to detain people. These drones will mainly be used to sniff out communities that live off of the grid and monitor human networks. Off the grid communities are a threat because they live off of the land without your typical government/grid assistance, and that can be dangerous to the state. Most off of the grid communities are fully equipped with firearms as they are hunters, and firearms do not lose value. Could be dangerous right?

But you are already being monitored anyway by keyloggers on your computers and cellphones, and not by the NSA. The NSA is who they send the "threats" to after they have may have found a potential one. Example, let's say that you text someone who text someone who text a person in a network that may have a "terrorist" in it. You are officially a part of that network. I'm sure we are familiar that Habeaus Corpus is not in law anymore.

The transgenics thing will not happen for awhile. Transgenics is not ready yet, but they are setting up the laws that define humans vs non-humans. The police state will happen first, and then the transgenics will be molded by the police state. Some sort of domestic terror attack will happen in between time and that will usher in the police state. Could be a cyber crime from "hacktivist", could be something else who knows.

But mainly, this is the world we live in today. There is no turning back. There is adapting, but there is no turning back.

I'm sure all they want is Meta World Peace, and I'm sure they'll kill millions to achieve it. The point is that the war on terrorism belongs over here in the states. The people who run the country can safely monitor the people and any possible revolution will be dealt with quickly. I think Occupy plays it's part in this and will help usher things in somewhere around the height of the election or shortly after. I don't trust Occupy. They are a black-fisted trojan horse.

This is getting intense. Care to elaborate?

Edit: So does any of this include nanomachines or nanotech?

Welcome to the Anglo-American empire ruled by the oligarchy. Why do they let you watch football? Because it makes them money. They will continue to take every right and freedom they can. If some of you still think this is just a conspiracy you seriously need to question what type of human being you are.  Besides the privacy people don't consider that businesses spend tons of resources to gather information.  A corrupt government can get this information into the hands of corporations of friends for a discount or free possibly.  So you might be paying the government to give your competition an advantage.  Personally I know this is happening because the government is more corrupt than I can comprehend.
P.S. There are stories of nano tech in the air via fibers as well as in our food that self reproduce in our bodies.  Possibly in conjunction with HAARP to send out electrical signals thay may affect us in one way or another.  

Well this is the future not much that can be done at this point its already in to deep to revert back to a point where people have freedom and choice, guess we'll all just have to accept it.

I have a question for those who frequent the sites that spread all this information or labeled conspiracy theorist, is there a sole purpose in spreading all this information, for example loose change, zeitgiest and the hundreds of other videos and sites. I was never clearly able to come to a conclusion on this. Is it in hopes that someone will lead some sort of revolution. It seems that the only way to change anything is for a revolution to happen, but all that is done is more videos popping up, more blogs, ect. Im confused.

Originally Posted by Will0827

I have a question for those who frequent the sites that spread all this information or labeled conspiracy theorist, is there a sole purpose in spreading all this information, for example loose change, zeitgiest and the hundreds of other videos and sites. I was never clearly able to come to a conclusion on this. Is it in hopes that someone will lead some sort of revolution. It seems that the only way to change anything is for a revolution to happen, but all that is done is more videos popping up, more blogs, ect. Im confused.
When most people talk to their friends they are just blown away at how little they care even when you have newspaper articles and quotes from the science czar of the White House among many *cough* Bill Gates (maybe I'm speaking for myself).  When I saw people in that position of power making quotes about putting chemicals to make us sterile and reduce population I knew if I hadn't already that it was no longer just a conspiracy to me.  This is not a man with an opinion.  These are men that control the decisions of a company such as Monsanto that has a monopoly on the pesticides on our crops that, oops, killed a ton of bees and butterflies.  I guess they hope that one convinced person will carry the word to multiple people.  Or just to get a discussion going so we can learn from each other.  I guess in theory that could lead to a revolution.

Originally Posted by kc24688

When most people talk to their friends they are just blown away at how little they care even when you have newspaper articles and quotes from the science czar of the White House among many *cough* Bill Gates (maybe I'm speaking for myself).  I guess they hope that one convinced person will carry the word to multiple people.  Or just to get a discussion going so we can learn from each other.  I guess in theory that could lead to a revolution.

That's respectable, I just always wondered this. I just look at all the things that are happening and think are people going to allow this to happen, then something worse comes along and that gets a pass, and it's just a endless cycle of depletion of our rights. Like at this point really what is it going to take in order for people to see.

Originally Posted by kc24688

When most people talk to their friends they are just blown away at how little they care even when you have newspaper articles and quotes from the science czar of the White House among many *cough* Bill Gates (maybe I'm speaking for myself).  I guess they hope that one convinced person will carry the word to multiple people.  Or just to get a discussion going so we can learn from each other.  I guess in theory that could lead to a revolution.

That's respectable, I just always wondered this. I just look at all the things that are happening and think are people going to allow this to happen, then something worse comes along and that gets a pass, and it's just a endless cycle of depletion of our rights. Like at this point really what is it going to take in order for people to see.

Yea talking doesn't seem to solve much but I guess reality is so distorted that it takes years to figure it out.  You have to be dedicated to knowing the truth and people won't even listen for 5 minutes.  I been deep in this conspiracy thing for like only a year or two and I learn new stuff always.  I am so much more educated thanks to people posting videos and articles.  You have to be dedicated in order to see what themes are most prevalent to give yourself the best chance of not investing in false information.  There is new news everyday which helps me from getting dragged down and from thinking this was only in the past.  And the news is intense and scary.  It basically went from "You're crazy for thinking there is a world government" to "Ok you were right but it's for your own good.  You don't get how putting sterilants in your water and giving people cancer is a good thing?  Well that's why we didn't tell you stupid.  You're not intelligent enough to understand.  We come from Ivy League schools and made it into government because we are smarter than you."

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by rashi

roll.gif

Whats so funny about these logical uses?

Serious? The President of this country killed a U.S. citizen with a DRONE, and you think this is for "research"?

My father was a Naval Aviator and an engineer for the Grumman Corp (now Nothrop-Grumman) in the late 70's to early 90's and was MIA in between the year of 84-87 to perfect the technology (and what they called then "experimental UAVs") of the B-2 Bombers (first flight in '89). They've had this technology since the 1950's and only coming out with it now, there is no "research" or "experimental" reasons behind any of this.

What a revelation!  I mean we got the ghetto bird flying overhead nightly... so what's the big deal about unmanned drones? Privacy issues?  

Back
Top Bottom