Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

It seems like everyone's changing their default pics to a picture of a cartoon.  The following is what's people copy-and-pasted to the captions of those pics:

[h6]"Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, there should be no human faces on facebook, but a stash of memories. This is for eliminating violence against children" [/h6]

I'd say about 60-70% of my friends have changed their pics.  The other 30-40%?  They've posted on their statuses that it's an idiotic campaign that will do nothing.

What's your take on this?

It seems like everyone's changing their default pics to a picture of a cartoon.  The following is what's people copy-and-pasted to the captions of those pics:

[h6]"Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, there should be no human faces on facebook, but a stash of memories. This is for eliminating violence against children" [/h6]

I'd say about 60-70% of my friends have changed their pics.  The other 30-40%?  They've posted on their statuses that it's an idiotic campaign that will do nothing.

What's your take on this?

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

This %%%# is stupid to me.

It will do absolutely nothing to stop violence against children.

If you really want to help, donate some money to an organization dedicated to this problem...changing your picture to some stupid cartoon on a %+$!+$% social networking site will do little to nothing.

i made mine Freakazoid
pimp.gif

If you really want to help, donate some money to an organization dedicated to this problem...changing your picture to some stupid cartoon on a %+$!+$% social networking site will do little to nothing.

Someone give me a valid reason how this would stop violence against children.
This %%#* is beyond stupid

Someone give me a valid reason how this would stop violence against children.
This %%#* is beyond stupid

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Same.

The goal is to raise awareness. Y'all fools that think this is stupid or whatever (like dude above)... you guys are now aware of it right? Mission accomplished.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Same.

The goal is to raise awareness. Y'all fools that think this is stupid or whatever (like dude above)... you guys are now aware of it right? Mission accomplished.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Its just spreading awareness, stop having your panties in a bunch.

its like them yellow lance armstrong bracelets. wearing one doesent make cancer go away but it shows that your supporting fighting cancer. you dont have to change your profile pic but you definately dont have to complain about it. its not that serious

its like them yellow lance armstrong bracelets. wearing one doesent make cancer go away but it shows that your supporting fighting cancer. you dont have to change your profile pic but you definately dont have to complain about it. its not that serious

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

That's fine.

My problem with it is that people want to be aware of the problem, but actually doing something to help is too much to ask.

Imagine if every person who changed their picture donated just a dollar.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

That's fine.

My problem with it is that people want to be aware of the problem, but actually doing something to help is too much to ask.

Imagine if every person who changed their picture donated just a dollar.

Back
Top Bottom