Falcons' Mike Smith voted as coach of year

MON5T3R

formerly cant nobody stop me
Atlanta's Smith edged Miami's Sparano by one vote Sunday for The Associated Press 2008 NFL Coach of the Year award.
eyes.gif

Hm, both did a great turnaround but Sparano had a "bigger" turnaround. Strange.

again with the media.
smh.gif

Straight disrespectful.
The Dolphins WON their division. with a thrown away QB. and beat out 11-5 patriots and a double digit win Jets team.
here's to the excellent AP writers who have disrespected Sparano again. This aitn Parcells team, its his.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Hm, both did a great turnaround but Sparano had a "bigger" turnaround. Strange.
Word. Not to mention that Sparano did more with less. The divisions are about even.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Sparano should have won it... but the Falcons/Matt Ryan were more "glamorous" this season
smh.gif
smh.gif
That's why they're at home watching the playoffs now.

Who cares, both are well deserving.

Sparano still is in the Playoffs so thats all that matters
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

again with the media.
smh.gif

Straight disrespectful.
The Dolphins WON their division. with a thrown away QB. and beat out 11-5 patriots and a double digit win Jets team.
here's to the excellent AP writers who have disrespected Sparano again. This aitn Parcells team, its his.
Guaranteed that's EXACTLY why this vote went the way it did... Too many people feel like Sparano is a figurehead and Parcells is the manbehind all of it...
smh.gif

I've wanted to ask this but didn't wanna make a separate thread... More likely to fall back to earth next year, Falcons or Dolphins?

I woulda went with Sparano but I can see why they went with Smith.

The way Petrino bolted for the door 3/4 into the season...man, it just shows how far Smith has taken his team in such a short amount of time. And theydidn't play no slouches either with the likes of TB, CAR, and NO in their division.

I don't think they got it right, but I'm not complaining either.

i dont see the dolphins or falcons making the playoffs next year. if one of them do make it ...it will be the falcons

I don't see what the big deal is. They were both garbage last year and they both had amazing one year resurrections. They could've flipped a coin todecide this for all I care.

If the dolphins would have played yesterday they would have been home with the falcons watching the playoffs too.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Can't go wrong with either guy.
After watching todays game you coudla went wrong with Tony. getting blown out in your own building
smh.gif

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

After watching todays game you coudla went wrong with Tony. getting blown out in your own building
smh.gif

laugh.gif
this dude fresh never fails. wheres mike smith right now? hmm thatsright hes at home watching the rest of the playoffs with sparano as well.

dolphins had a better turn around season. they WON their division and with a recycled qb who everyone said was washed up. sparano was robbed

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

smh.gif

laugh.gif
this dude fresh never fails. wheres mike smith right now? hmm thats right hes at home watching the rest of the playoffs with sparano as well.

dolphins had a better turn around season. they WON their division and with a recycled qb who everyone said was washed up. sparano was robbed
Miami won the same amount of games as Atlanta. Hope youre not gonna tell me that the AFC east is better than the NFC south. ATL was 3 seconds awayfrom a john carney fg against the saints from winning their division. Miami has a better D than Atlanta but Atl has better O and Special teams. Atlanta atleast had a chance to move on if not for keith brooking. Game was over for Miami as soon as Ed Reed stepped off the bus

The dolphins are just a cupcake team. Yeah they did okay this year but trust me when I say everyone is going to hate Chad Pennington next year.

either coach would've been a good pick. Miami only won 1 game last year, but Pennington is a proven QB. Atlanta's coach last year quit on the team,but this year they won 11 games with a ROOKIE QB, new running back, new coach, and they did it in ARGUABLY the NFL's toughest division. None of the teamsin that division are slouches, Tampa bay would have been in the playoffs if they did not lose 4 out of their last 5 games. That would've been 3 playoffteams from 1 division. Smith is deserving, but Sparano tied the league record for highest turnaround in wins. Either way you look at it they both did fantasticjobs this year....maybe the NFL should give them a co-coach of the year award, like they did with Peyton Manning and Steve McNair in 03

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

smh.gif

laugh.gif
this dude fresh never fails. wheres mike smith right now? hmm thats right hes at home watching the rest of the playoffs with sparano as well.

Miami won the same amount of games as Atlanta. Hope youre not gonna tell me that the AFC east is better than the NFC south. ATL was 3 seconds away from a john carney fg against the saints from winning their division. Miami has a better D than Atlanta but Atl has better O and Special teams. Atlanta at least had a chance to move on if not for keith brooking. Game was over for Miami as soon as Ed Reed stepped off the bus
Word. Dude's saying that Chad is recycled and all this. At least dude has been in the league for a minute and knows how to play at NFL paceetc...
Matt Ryan's first season ever and started all 16 games and like Fresh said, were 3 seconds away from clinching their division. Either way both teams arehome now...
sad thing about it that Miami didn't have far to go home after being blown out.

SMITH> sparano

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i dont see the dolphins or falcons making the playoffs next year. if one of them do make it ...it will be the falcons dolphins.
Fixed.

The falcons have NEVER made it to the playoffs in back to back seasons. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom