Family Matters was the corniest show ever

truthgetsbusy

Banned
I never really watched it growing up that much.  But looking at re-runs that show is unbearable.  Carl Winslow was super corny and overacted all the time.  Eddie was super corny.  Those father/son scenes were thee worst.  I get they wanted to put a positive black family on TV but damn less cheese next time.

The trillest character was the Grandma
pimp.gif

I never really watched it growing up that much.  But looking at re-runs that show is unbearable.  Carl Winslow was super corny and overacted all the time.  Eddie was super corny.  Those father/son scenes were thee worst.  I get they wanted to put a positive black family on TV but damn less cheese next time.

The trillest character was the Grandma
pimp.gif

yeah and i realize they play that soft music in the background during every "moral" moment but I think that was every show in the 90's
laugh.gif

yeah and i realize they play that soft music in the background during every "moral" moment but I think that was every show in the 90's
laugh.gif

^Word up and OP your first sentence pretty much nullified this entire thread.

^Word up and OP your first sentence pretty much nullified this entire thread.

When you consider the fact that the same people that were behind this show were behind Full House and similar shows, it shouldn't come as a surprise.  In terms of positive portrayals of Black families on TV nothing will probably ever see The Cosby Show, and after a certain point all the gimmicks got too wacky for the show to be taken seriously.  I did have a crush on Laura for years, though.
embarassed.gif

When you consider the fact that the same people that were behind this show were behind Full House and similar shows, it shouldn't come as a surprise.  In terms of positive portrayals of Black families on TV nothing will probably ever see The Cosby Show, and after a certain point all the gimmicks got too wacky for the show to be taken seriously.  I did have a crush on Laura for years, though.
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom