Fantasy Football: Ways to determine draft order

Sup NT!

I know it's super early, but I am trying to figure out ways to determine my fantasy football league draft order.

I watch THE LEAGUE and I am aware of all of their ways. I want ideas that are non-skilled based.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Auction off each pick

proceeds of the auction are a bonus paid out to the winner of the league

Last edited:
AUCTION DRAFT

couple reasons auction is way better than snake

1. every player's available: no more sitting around waiting for guys to get drafted. snake-style, if you're the 3rd pick, that's 2 players guaranteed you won't get, that sucks. you want guys, pay for them

2. the steals are so much sweeter: in snake, if you drafted alfred morris in a low round, who cares? maybe no one else was going to draft him at all. but in auction, you get him for $4, it's proof no one gave it any value, and you can then spend that surplus on other players

3. more strategy: autodraft can pick out a decent snake team. autodraft is going to **** the bed in an auction. you got to understand player value and budgeting

can't recommend auction strongly enough. give it a shot, you won't regret it

only reason to do snake is if you with people who don't know what's going on. and why you in a league with them anyway

Thanks for the inputs! Auction was definitely one of our options. People are disagreeing because some make more money than others are are available to put up more...hence getting 1st pick.

One of our options was to have all of our gf run a 40 yard for time. The few without gf's we're to bring someone they were hooking up with or "last" ex lol. Drafting a fit girl was out of the question. Of course this didn't work because not all people are ok with their ex's
laugh.gif

auction doesn't mean you use your own money, each player is allocated the same amount of "money" (really just points), say $100, and you can spend those points however you want to fill out a roster. the sites do all this automatically

AUCTION DRAFT

couple reasons auction is way better than snake

1. every player's available: no more sitting around waiting for guys to get drafted. snake-style, if you're the 3rd pick, that's 2 players guaranteed you won't get, that sucks. you want guys, pay for them

2. the steals are so much sweeter: in snake, if you drafted alfred morris in a low round, who cares? maybe no one else was going to draft him at all. but in auction, you get him for $4, it's proof no one gave it any value, and you can then spend that surplus on other players

3. more strategy: autodraft can pick out a decent snake team. autodraft is going to **** the bed in an auction. you got to understand player value and budgeting

can't recommend auction strongly enough. give it a shot, you won't regret it

only reason to do snake is if you with people who don't know what's going on. and why you in a league with them anyway

ALL OF THIS. Loved to see people reach and spend hella money for certain players, while I got quality after quality for $11 :lol:

Going to work on my auction draft skills over the summer and talk my group of friends into considering it.

Going to work on my auction draft skills over the summer and talk my group of friends into considering it.
You can always do a mock draft so people get familiar with the concept. Just do straight kickers and backups so people's true valuations aren't revealed. I did my first auction this past season and don't see myself going back to snake. Just gotta convince my other friends to make the switch...

You can always do a mock draft so people get familiar with the concept. Just do straight kickers and backups so people's true valuations aren't revealed. I did my first auction this past season and don't see myself going back to snake. Just gotta convince my other friends to make the switch...
Good idea with the mock draft, might end up doing the same. Think if I tell all of them to do a mock draft with stranger/bots, think they'll learn the concept that way? Cause I never done auction either.

I like the Auction Drafts as well, but have only done it once. More accustomed to snake drafts.

Though I must say...Cam Newtons rookie season >> $2

we had a coworker pick names out a hat then snake draft seems to work for us. vid gets posted on facebook for the people who are not at the drawing

the kds (kentucky derby style ) works great. most get there drafts spots they want. i copy and paste the way it is done for you.

The KDS process allows owners to rank their order of preference for Draft Day, ranking their preferences from most desired to least desired BEFORE the leagues are randomly selected. Some owners would rather draft at the top, if they are selected early in their league; others like to go to the middle, and others like to move down to the lower end. KDS allows that if you're fortunate enough. A sample KDS from an owner could look like this: 1, 2, 3, 14, 13, 8, 6, 7, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12. If an owner wants the 14th pick if he is selected fourth overall in his league, he would choose 14 as his fourth option and he would then be moved to 14th in that league on Draft Day if he was picked fourth out of the hat and the top three preferences were gone. NFFC officials will look at every owner's Draft Preferences list after the leagues and orders are randomly selected and then announce the draft orders for each league.

How Is It Done?:  Once each NFFC owner has officially signed up for the contest, they can find this feature on their team page. You'll see the Draft Preferences ranked 1 through 14 (or 1-12 in 12 team leagues) and the option to change those preferences next to them. If you decide not to rank your preferences, your preferred order will remain 1 through 14 (or 1-12). Owners can change their Draft Preferences right up until the announced deadline is set for that particular league.

Why Is This Done?:  Even though all leagues are randomly selected out of a computer program, KDS does allow owners to have a little say in their draft spots. KDS allows that by telling NFFC officials where you'd prefer to draft if selected early in the random draw. No longer are you just slotted into that spot; you now can tell us a more preferred spot by setting your KDS preferences. In the end, most NFFC owners will get a more preferred draft spot than the random slot would have given them.

Sup NT!

I know it's super early, but I am trying to figure out ways to determine my fantasy football league draft order.

I watch THE LEAGUE and I am aware of all of their ways. I want ideas that are non-skilled based.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
It really depends on if this is your league's first year or not.  The customary way to determine draft order for new leagues is through randomization.  There are several free tools out there which you can use to automatically generate an order and email this order to all of your league members.

After your league's first year, you usually use some factor from the previous season to determine draft order (like team records for instance).  You can check out this article on determining fantasy draft order for some more ideas.

Back
Top Bottom