Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Tego & Don back so im type hype...

Ja Rule can't get love?
laugh.gif
Tego and Don Omar byke? Hope they bring the lulz

F8 very well made...not as exaggerated as F7

Mannn...the plot was on point

Without spoiling too much, it looks like they are trying to "fill in" for Brian...those that watched know what I mean

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back......

No spoilers but the whole time i was watching this i kept thinking..

"This is the type of stuff Ultron SHOULD have been doing.

This is the first one I have seen since one and I hope the last. Acting was embarrassing at times, jokes felt lazy, and I'm pretty sure a 9 year old came up with most of the nonsense.

Did nobody else see the similarities between this movie and Team America world police?

Movie was horrible and cheesy.

Dom said family like 80 times.

The rock redirecting missiles with his bare hands? Okay

It was ok. Fell asleep during the NY scene. Third act was the best and Statham stole the show for real. Isn't the same without Paul though. Wish we could have seen the direction of the movies if he were still alive.

I guess my state of mind wasnt right for it. I liked most of it but it was a bit of a snoozefest around the middle to me. Just lack of passion. Never gonna be unwatchable though.

Its was sliding on ice. And he just tipped it. Yall actin like dude grabbed it out the air mid launch like an interception :lol:

However them in siberia without hats was unbelievable lol

Charlize always a good villain

My Fast 8 review....

The run this franchise has been on, I’ve expected it to get bigger and better film after film. (since Tokyo Drift that is, when we saw Dom cameo at the end, we all knew a 4th would come, and would be “big”) What we’re getting now, is just unreal.

That said, a part of me was worried about the first film without Paul and what the direction would be. (Also, without Lin directing and running the show) I knew it would be big still, I knew they would make it fun, and entertaining and all that, but would it have the heart still, would it find a way to bring something more to the table besides the cars and over the top action? The answer, in typical F&F fashion, YES. They completely blew me away.

Everything you can love about this franchise is once again on full display. The minority casting. The minority director. The locations, the music, the interactions between the cast…..The chance for each actor/actress to shine, and have equal part in helping the story, and this time, for the first time, the main villain be a female as well. And a bad *** female villain at that.
Remember when Luda got his moment to shine in Fast 7, with the hands? This time Roman gets his moment. I loved it, both scenes, both films, well timed, unexpected, humorous, but also giving them that moment of “helping” the team in more ways than just comedic relief.

Good guy, to bad guy, bad guy, to good guy, dead, to alive, cameos, scripts flipped, backstabbing, pain (was kinda tough to say good bye to Elaina :frown: )

Seeing them have to accept Statham as an ally, perfect. Simply perfect in this world. The enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Obviously he killed one of their friends, and tried to kill all of them as well, but they did throw his brother out of a plane, so I mean….. :lol: In the end, everyone has agendas, and as we see in this film, Hobbs discovers that Shaw is actually a hero, driven to make people pay that endanger his family. Sounds an awful lot like how Dom and Brian operated. :nerd: I loved it, it was truly perfect. I was skeptical they could manage to pull that switch off, and they did flawlessly.
What would make Dom turn? I couldn’t grasp a way that would seem real, or viable. Welp……. :lol: That’ll do it alright.

Clearly, they upped the craziness a lil bit (they always do) but they stayed true to who they are, and who they’ve been, they’re a franchise that shows a driver shift 11 times, while driving an automatic, tanks drive as fast as Lambo’s, you can jump out of a speeding car and only get your tank top dirty, you can drive a car while on fire, it’s all gravy. We know the score. If you’ve been here since day 1, you know what you’re getting and you’re happy with it, if you come in expecting Letty to out act Helen Mirren then you’re an idiot who should stick to arguing about Tony Stark vs Captain America all day.

Charlize was tremendous, and pretty clear she will be a big part of either 9 or 10, and will add more members to her team that will be huge threats. And that will be awesome, just as this one was.

Rock and Statham were awesome, the prison break was Fast Five vault level. :wow: Statham was out of control in that scene with the movements thru the entire prison, God that was awesome.

Dom pushed his door off his car, and Rock’s SUV-half tank lookin armored vehicle went slamming back. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:, how hard did Dom push that door man? :lol:

The race in Cuba, and letting dude keep his car, pure Dom. I loved that scene. Again, it isn’t about takin cars and such, inch or a mile, winning is winning, and like Brian said, some people value the respect more. (great nod)

“The Buster”

“when I went to the bathroom, I didn’t recognize myself” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That line had the whole theater cryin.

Rock and Statham back and forth was gold line for line.

Kurt Russell laughin at the rookie the whole movie. :lol:

I thought Eastwood did a good understated job to start, but I can bet he will increase in role goin forward in 9-10. He wasn’t too in our face, and he wasn’t too invisible either. Like I said, they did a good job of filling the void left by Paul.

The cameo by Owen Shaw. :wow: :pimp: That was outstanding. Freakin loved seein that.

To me, this is just my opinion, 6 is still the best movie in the franchise, because it had the GOAT cast with Han, and Letty back, and Gisele, and of course Walker, and Shaw was a great villain, not to mention them goin up against their equals in terms of crew for crew. That film is the best in terms of over the top, sure, but also still kinda grounded, kinda “real” moreso than the vault in Rio, or the sub, etc. It’s all crazy, they drive a tank, and Dom catches Letty and all that, I know, but as a whole, it’s more realistic or plausible than the other films, while still being full on action. But 8 is right behind it now. I think it was better than 7, and a lil better than 5. Again, just my opinion, but 6 was just the cleanest film of the franchise with the best cast overall.

So, rating for Fast 8 is, 8/8

Ranking them all

My Fast 8 review....

The run this franchise has been on, I’ve expected it to get bigger and better film after film. (since Tokyo Drift that is, when we saw Dom cameo at the end, we all knew a 4th would come, and would be “big”) What we’re getting now, is just unreal.

That said, a part of me was worried about the first film without Paul and what the direction would be. (Also, without Lin directing and running the show) I knew it would be big still, I knew they would make it fun, and entertaining and all that, but would it have the heart still, would it find a way to bring something more to the table besides the cars and over the top action? The answer, in typical F&F fashion, YES. They completely blew me away.

Everything you can love about this franchise is once again on full display. The minority casting. The minority director. The locations, the music, the interactions between the cast…..The chance for each actor/actress to shine, and have equal part in helping the story, and this time, for the first time, the main villain be a female as well. And a bad *** female villain at that.
Remember when Luda got his moment to shine in Fast 7, with the hands? This time Roman gets his moment. I loved it, both scenes, both films, well timed, unexpected, humorous, but also giving them that moment of “helping” the team in more ways than just comedic relief.

Good guy, to bad guy, bad guy, to good guy, dead, to alive, cameos, scripts flipped, backstabbing, pain (was kinda tough to say good bye to Elaina
frown.gif
)

Seeing them have to accept Statham as an ally, perfect. Simply perfect in this world. The enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Obviously he killed one of their friends, and tried to kill all of them as well, but they did throw his brother out of a plane, so I mean…..
laugh.gif
In the end, everyone has agendas, and as we see in this film, Hobbs discovers that Shaw is actually a hero, driven to make people pay that endanger his family. Sounds an awful lot like how Dom and Brian operated.
nerd.gif
I loved it, it was truly perfect. I was skeptical they could manage to pull that switch off, and they did flawlessly.
What would make Dom turn? I couldn’t grasp a way that would seem real, or viable. Welp…….
laugh.gif
That’ll do it alright.

Clearly, they upped the craziness a lil bit (they always do) but they stayed true to who they are, and who they’ve been, they’re a franchise that shows a driver shift 11 times, while driving an automatic, tanks drive as fast as Lambo’s, you can jump out of a speeding car and only get your tank top dirty, you can drive a car while on fire, it’s all gravy. We know the score. If you’ve been here since day 1, you know what you’re getting and you’re happy with it, if you come in expecting Letty to out act Helen Mirren then you’re an idiot who should stick to arguing about Tony Stark vs Captain America all day.

Charlize was tremendous, and pretty clear she will be a big part of either 9 or 10, and will add more members to her team that will be huge threats. And that will be awesome, just as this one was.

Rock and Statham were awesome, the prison break was Fast Five vault level.
eek.gif
Statham was out of control in that scene with the movements thru the entire prison, God that was awesome.

Dom pushed his door off his car, and Rock’s SUV-half tank lookin armored vehicle went slamming back.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
, how hard did Dom push that door man?
laugh.gif

The race in Cuba, and letting dude keep his car, pure Dom. I loved that scene. Again, it isn’t about takin cars and such, inch or a mile, winning is winning, and like Brian said, some people value the respect more. (great nod)

“The Buster”

“when I went to the bathroom, I didn’t recognize myself”
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That line had the whole theater cryin.

Rock and Statham back and forth was gold line for line.

Kurt Russell laughin at the rookie the whole movie.
laugh.gif

I thought Eastwood did a good understated job to start, but I can bet he will increase in role goin forward in 9-10. He wasn’t too in our face, and he wasn’t too invisible either. Like I said, they did a good job of filling the void left by Paul.

The cameo by Owen Shaw.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
That was outstanding. Freakin loved seein that.

To me, this is just my opinion, 6 is still the best movie in the franchise, because it had the GOAT cast with Han, and Letty back, and Gisele, and of course Walker, and Shaw was a great villain, not to mention them goin up against their equals in terms of crew for crew. That film is the best in terms of over the top, sure, but also still kinda grounded, kinda “real” moreso than the vault in Rio, or the sub, etc. It’s all crazy, they drive a tank, and Dom catches Letty and all that, I know, but as a whole, it’s more realistic or plausible than the other films, while still being full on action. But 8 is right behind it now. I think it was better than 7, and a lil better than 5. Again, just my opinion, but 6 was just the cleanest film of the franchise with the best cast overall.

So, rating for Fast 8 is, 8/8

Ranking them all

Nice, review.

Seems like it'll be entertaining for me. Whenever I get the chance to watch it. 

Going in, I had it: 5 - 7 - 6 - 1 - 4 - 3 - 2

I definitely got it top 3.. just trying to think where

Back
Top Bottom