Fat Joe Appreciation

No love for Joe the God? I feel he is the most underrated dude outta NY maybe even in rap period but i love Joe. Big fan of dude and i feel he helped Miami and whatnot. Dude def has some good albums too. Early 90s Joe............Lord Knows! Fellas chime in

Was playing the Don Cartegena album heavy a few weeks ago. He's always had some good songs on his albums but he was never anything special. Good songs and then very forgettable songs.

I'll put it to you this way, why play Fat Joe when you can listen to Big Pun?

Was playing the Don Cartegena album heavy a few weeks ago. He's always had some good songs on his albums but he was never anything special. Good songs and then very forgettable songs.

I'll put it to you this way, why play Fat Joe when you can listen to Big Pun?

one's a lyricist while the other makes good music. two different artists.

Old Joe was trying to be Pun. A couple albums after Pun was gone, too many radio hits.

I always wanted solo albums of Armageddon and Tony Sunshine.

Old Joe was trying to be Pun. A couple albums after Pun was gone, too many radio hits.

I always wanted solo albums of Armageddon and Tony Sunshine.

Pun probably ghostwrote for him, not saying Joe doesn't write his rhymes but that's why alot of the stuff they did together sound the same

one's a lyricist while the other makes good music. two different artists.

But Pun made good music too, Capital Punishment >>> any Fat Joe album and Still Not a Player gets a better reaction at a party then any of Joe's hits

With all that said, Joe's albums from Represent to Jealous Ones Still Envy are appreciated as well as his D.I.T.C. stuff

But Pun made good music too, Capital Punishment >>> any Fat Joe album and Still Not a Player gets a better reaction at a party then any of Joe's hits

With all that said, Joe's albums from Represent to Jealous Ones Still Envy are appreciated as well as his D.I.T.C. stuff

Fat Joe's not a big time lyricist tho, that's why i said he just makes good music. but yea Pun's got hit records too.

Fat Joe was the original Soulja Boy. He grafted from the next man to sustain himself almost his entire career.
First he was the Puerto Rican M.O.P. Then he was the Puerto Rican Raekwon. Then he was the Puerto Rican Biggie. Then he was the Puerto Rican Ja Rule. Then he was the Puerto Rican Lil Wayne.

Fat Joe was the original Soulja Boy. He grafted from the next man to sustain himself almost his entire career.
First he was the Puerto Rican M.O.P. Then he was the Puerto Rican Raekwon. Then he was the Puerto Rican Biggie. Then he was the Puerto Rican Ja Rule. Then he was the Puerto Rican Lil Wayne.

This is actually kind of true :lol:

I thought ninja hood wrote this thread at first....LOL. To me, Joe is more of a veteran than a legend.

To be fair, 87.56% of the East Coast grafted that Cuban Linx Mafioso rap as well (Biggie, Nas, Jay Z included).

:smokin

Much appreciated, dudes was hating at first when he jumped on the south wave, but they all followed. :lol:

Wu Tang doesn't get enough credit for influencing everyone from Biggie to Kanye.

To be fair, 87.56% of the East Coast grafted that Cuban Linx Mafioso rap as well (Biggie, Nas, Jay Z included).
The intro to disc 2 on Wu-Tang Forever RZA has his own "Shark Ninjas" moment stressing just that. (Capadonna on "Little Ghetto Boys" as well)

NaS did call himself Escobar on The Infamous 3 months before Cuban Linx dropped for whatever it's worth. BIG also shared his Tony Montana/Frank White aspirations on Ready To Die a year before.

But you know how Wu Tang ****** be. I still don't see the similarities between the Illmatic and Ready To Die cover other than having children on then. But their nothing alike foreal.

Represent
Jealous One's Envy
Don Cartagena

^^all great albums. Can't say the same for the albums that came after but Joe's appreciated :pimp:

Not to mention, he put on Pun :pimp:

NaS did call himself Escobar on The Infamous 3 months before Cuban Linx dropped for whatever it's worth. BIG also shared his Tony Montana/Frank White aspirations on Ready To Die a year before.
Cause they were all influenced by G Rap, Rae included

Back
Top Bottom