Fat Joe on losing weight... Good message...hopefully it reaches someone.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

beans are healthy though
indifferent.gif

He didn't say they weren't  
indifferent.gif
. He was implying that they turn into sugar which can be problematic for people prone to diabetes.  

Originally Posted by hotshots24

I guess he's bringing lean back

ha

Cant give up rice and beans tho, ever. As a Haitian, its all I grew up on.

Like Ninja said, portioning is really important too. Eat what you need....not until you're 'full'

He's essentially on a high protein/low carb diet that restricts calories. It's very easy to shed weight this way but also dangerous.

First off, his body is using up all the glycogen reserves he has since he is getting little carbs in his diet. Glycogen requires water so when you deplete your glycogen reserves, the water goes. A fat person is holding on to A LOT of water weight.  

So then your body will turn to your fat stores for fuel. This is called ketosis. You can read up on that yourself but I think it is kind of an unnatural way to live. He is basically satisfied because protein/fat satiate you longer. They take longer to process and your body is telling you to stop eating until it's finished digesting, thus lesser calorie intake and weight loss.

High protein is taxing on your kidneys and liver; your brain needs glucose but ain't getting it so these people on low carb diets look spacey and have mood swings; and all the animal products on this diet makes people constipated thus more susceptible to colorectal cancer. It's the #2 killer of people in this country anyway and this diet is just a shortcut to it.  

He says he eats sweet potatoes in the morning WITH eggs and turkey bacon...... uh, that's a high protein/fat meal, brotha. He is eating animal protein at every meal and with that boosting his cholesterol and saturated fat intake. He is also putting himself at risk for dehydration since digestion requires water and longer digesting foods require more water that probably isn't there to begin with. Calcium loss, kidney stones, heart disease, organ failure, impaired brain function, the list of detriments goes on and on. No one can be happy eating this way regardless of the weight loss. He doesn't even look like he has any energy.

Eat your rice AND beans, y'all!

Good post Bean Pie.
I've done a lot of nutrition research and some of that was new to me.
You take any courses or self-researched?

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

He's essentially on a high protein/low carb diet that restricts calories. It's very easy to shed weight this way but also dangerous.

First off, his body is using up all the glycogen reserves he has since he is getting little carbs in his diet. Glycogen requires water so when you deplete your glycogen reserves, the water goes. A fat person is holding on to A LOT of water weight.  

So then your body will turn to your fat stores for fuel. This is called ketosis. You can read up on that yourself but I think it is kind of an unnatural way to live. He is basically satisfied because protein/fat satiate you longer. They take longer to process and your body is telling you to stop eating until it's finished digesting, thus lesser calorie intake and weight loss.

High protein is taxing on your kidneys and liver; your brain needs glucose but ain't getting it so these people on low carb diets look spacey and have mood swings; and all the animal products on this diet makes people constipated thus more susceptible to colorectal cancer. It's the #2 killer of people in this country anyway and this diet is just a shortcut to it.  

He says he eats sweet potatoes in the morning WITH eggs and turkey bacon...... uh, that's a high protein/fat meal, brotha. He is eating animal protein at every meal and with that boosting his cholesterol and saturated fat intake. He is also putting himself at risk for dehydration since digestion requires water and longer digesting foods require more water that probably isn't there to begin with. Calcium loss, kidney stones, heart disease, organ failure, impaired brain function, the list of detriments goes on and on. No one can be happy eating this way regardless of the weight loss. He doesn't even look like he has any energy.

+1 for bro science.

sure anything at its extreme= harmful for your body

a billion other things can kill you...i know its an overused cliche but its the truth...

lifestyle to follow: stay active (get your heart rate up, exercise, do something everyday 30-45 mins), cut out junk as much as you can (fast/junk food, processed food, sugary/salty food etc.), and don't stress.

everybody needs to stop thinking so much and micromanaging every little thing in life.

if i eat a lot of protein and not so much carb would it ok for me too keep at it if I drink lots of water, exercise 5x a week and eat some vegetables? I notice i lost some weight drinking a lot of water while working out. sometimes i do feel weak after working out, like i need to eat some food. and whats the ratio would you guys prefer for protein and carb?

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

This.

Also, something tells me "beans and rice" were not what made him fat to begin with. I have a feeling it had more to do with frequenting burger, chicken and rib spots.
laugh.gif

Idk if I buy the anti-animal protein thing. We've been eating animals since we could walk (and probably before).

Looking good though, looks like Joe got his MS in Bro Science.

beans are healthy if cooked heathy. mostof the rice and beans yall are used to are swimming in sodium.

and eff all that pasta and rice is bad for you. brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa. you need carbs.

the problem with people is they eat too damn much

I say do what you gotta do. like many of the cultures in the bx, beans and rice, bread, pasta etc. those things are staples so there's a lot of consumption. If you've been at this for years, and you (and the rest of the world) see the results when you tweak it to this approach, who are we to tell you it doesn't work? i've been reading and researching diet and fitness long enough to know every point on the topic has a counterpoint with an equally strong backing. Start with the basics, workout, cut calories, but if you stall, figure out what's gonna work for you.

Originally Posted by bigred11220

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

respect to Fat Joe, dude is a legend
pimp.gif
In all seriousness...aside from Pitbull, hes the most popular latino rapper in the US AND his career has lasted since like...93? 

Good video, I definitely see him looking like Ben,

but he still has no street cred.

Back
Top Bottom