Favorite album of all time, only one, any genre

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

nirvana_nevermind_album_cover.jpg

This

I know it says one but I have 2, deal with it.
0cd6040e1.jpg

My favorite band of all time and my favorite album of all time 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

btbam-colors.jpg

This album made me fall in love with BTBAM, I can't start the album without finishing it, a +%**#%% masterpiece 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Kind of Blue

"So What" and "Blue in Green" are absolute favorites!  Going with this one, though:
Birth_of_the_Cool.jpg

i just listened to kind of blue for the first time ever today (stumbled into that jazz thread in music forum) and it was dope. Im gonna try and listen to his entire discography (spotify unlimited + at&t unlimited data ftw)!
buuuuuuuuuut, if forced to pick...

Thug Motivation 101...come @ me bros

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

i could not listen to rap music out of its context with me stranded on an island..

.I'm taking Marvin Gaye Let's Get it On...

.you rap @%!%*# should get better taste...seriously. I love hip hop more than anybody but the best hip hop records don't compete with the best of other genres.

Sounds like you're just projecting your own biases onto others. If you are insinuating that the best hip hop albums can't compete with the best, say, rock or soul albums simply because of the genre they fall under, then you are severely mistaken and obviously not the hip hop lover you claim to be. Albums like Illmatic, 36 Chambers, It Takes A Nation Of Millions to Hold Us Back, Sex Packets, and other widely heralded hip hop classics have just as much artistic merit as What's Going On, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Off the Wall, Kind of Blue or any other genre's bests. I can't even think of a good reason why the contrary would even be true.

Back
Top Bottom