Favorite Restaurants in PNW

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

anyone got any places within 20 minutes of federal way? i'm tired of the same old around here....

Hey Paison! in Burien has really good sandwiches I'd recommend the Pastrami Special 
pimp.gif

Also La Costa, in Burien for Mexican

DwyaneWadeOG wrote:
Fremont. Paseo's Sandwich.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 These sandwiches are so good that sometimes THEY RUN OUT OF BREAD after a lunch rush 
mad.gif

La Carte De Oaxaca, in Ballard has 
pimp.gif
 Mexican

Tat's Delicatessen, in Seattle  (pioneer square) has the best Philly's I've ever had. Their website has a line cam
laugh.gif
, my buddy works down the street

Salumis, in Seattle (pioneer square) they're only open 11-3:30pm Tues-Fri. They supply all the best restaurants in the area with cured meat,

Mario Batali's family owns and runs it. I've only been once b/c everytime I'm down there the line is ridiculous 

Red Mill Burger, Seattle (Magnolia and Phinney Ridge)

Mobile Marination, all over Seattle, this food cart moves day to day and is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Monday - South Lake Union

their Kalua Pork Sliders made the cover of Seattle Magazine, Best Restaurant edition last year.

I'm a fan of the Kalbi tacos 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by dakid23

Best Burger (Seattle) – ****’s

Went there last time I was up in Seattle. *$%+ was like the perfect late night spot after a day of drinking
pimp.gif
Real cheap too.

Y'all saying Todai for Portland are dead wrong. Best sushi in Portland is at Saburo's off 13th and Bybee, out in Sellwood. The average wait is about 1 1/2 - 2 hours though, so you gotta get your name on the seating list early.

going to seattle for the wknd, any recommendations on places to stay downtown or near the nightlife?

any NT'ers got an hookups of any sorts?

going friday-sunday with my girl so im trying to see where i should take her out (day/evening/lunch/sight seeing)

any info on the space needle? i havent been up there for ages and i remember u could eat up at the restaurant... or is it not worthy anymore? do u need a reservation?

thanks fellow seattle heads...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
(where can i cop the spacejam dunk sb's??? )

Best pizza: Tutta Bella

There are multiple locations throughout the Seattle area, but this place has some of the best dishes I've ever had. One of the best salads I've ever had (this is much appreciate, as I'm vegetarian. sue me) and, though I'm not normally a big tiramisu fan, their rendition is almost unfair in flavor. Additionally, their pizzas are the best kind: thin crust, finest ingredients, and out to the table quickly. Their tomato sauce is something that is so rich and bright in flavor... I mean, it's gotta mean something that I'm gushing about the sauce, right!?

As far as date night dining goes:

Andina in the Pearl District (PDX) - AMAZING Peruvian food. Really. I was apprehensive going in there, but their food is absurdly good and the atmosphere is warm and charming. Live music (non intrusive. everytime I've been there it's been a guy on spanish guitar and he is incredible) most evenings as well.

Purple Door Cafe in downtown Seattle - Even if it's just for a drink, this is a great spot. Again, the atmosphere is stellar with enormous windows providing the natural light of the Pacific Northwest's summers (and the unnatural light of downtown Seattle, haha) to pour in. Just went here for the first time for my dad's birthday and it was a great choice.

Pecos Pit BBQ on 1st ave in SODO across the street from Starbucks headquarters. http://www.yelp.com/biz/pecos-pit-bbq-seattle

They only do 3 sandwiches (sliced beef brisket, pulled beef and pulled pork) but they've been doing it for 20+years so you know its good.

My own personal pic...

Walk up to the window and say,  "Sliced beef, medium, extra messy, with a side a beans and a large Dr.pepper"

You wont be disappointed.
pimp.gif

I saw the sandwich thread add remembered to add Baguette Box (Fremont and Capitol Hill) http://baguettebox.com/  to this thread.

They make Vietnameese Banh Mi sandwiches with choice organic local meats. They are a little pricey ($7-$10) considering the fact that Banh Mi are known to be cheap, but they are damn good and well worth it imo. One of their lemon grass steak sandwiches plus and order of their truffle fries are the business.   
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oh and Marination Station has a permanent location on Capitol Hill atop the QFC on broadway, so need to chase down the truck anymore.

@+!$, if you cant tell I'm hungry.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

What's the best seafood restaurant in Seattle? Heading down there this weekend...

The crab pot any good?

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

What's the best seafood restaurant in Seattle? Heading down there this weekend...

The crab pot any good?
personally never been there but i hear good things about it

dont go to the crab pot.. mad expensive for the %+#* food you get... way overrated... 10th and alder in portland if you wanna hit up the food carts.. or you can hit up 11th and hawthorn i think... for more food carts

Anyone that is a fan or would like to try MEXICAN FOOD!

check out my friends restaurant located over at;

10 in MORRISON in downtown called MAYA TAQUERIA

Tell them CRISTIAN send you there! The food there is AUTHENTIC!

I've taken and introduce a few friends to that spot and haven't disappoint and hopefully it won't disappoint you either.

Still need to find a decent Hawaiian food joint. Hawaiian BBQ on the Ave is not an option.

Originally Posted by kevL7

Still need to find a decent Hawaiian food joint. Hawaiian BBQ on the Ave is not an option.
Kona Kitchen near Northgate (85th & 5th Ave NE). I've never been but I have a couple friends from Hawaii (or at least are familiar with the cuisine) and they say it is hands-down the best in the city. 200 reviews on Yelp with a four-star average. I usually don't pay attention to online review sites, but that says a lot.

bringing back this thread after chats w/ my dude ^Elpablo21^
I need more suggestions especially in Seattle and the Eastside (Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, etc) so I can put on that Winter hibernation weight

PDX
Saucebox - Asian Fusion
Screen Door - southern cooking
Built To Grill - Food Truck, Italian sandwiches, some pasta options
PBJ's - crazy combinations of Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches; I had Thai = PB, Orange Marmalade, curry powder, bacon :pimp:

Seattle
Japonessa - good cheap happy hour sushi and drinks in good location

Eastside
Yeh Yehs (Bellevue) - cheap "Banh Mi" sandwiches. I use quotes because they put more meat than traditional Vietnamese sandwiches. Some thing it's blasphemy, I think it's :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom