Favre is set to retire...again.

laugh.gif
3 threads in one minute......ah Brett Favre

Havent seen anything but will not believe it until Week 1 starts. We've been down this road before and we've been down these reporters thinking theyhave the story before.

No press conference. No farewell game. Just...nothing.
smh.gif

Should've never came back after that 13-3 season.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

if he really did retire...are the jets looking to go QB in this draft?

I heard that they think very highly of Brett Ratlif (sp?)

Favre plans to retire -- again

Ed Werder and Chris Mortensen
ESPN..com

Without the tearful public ceremony that accompanied his retirement announcement from the Green Bay Packers just 11 months ago, quarterback Brett Favre hasinstructed agent Bus Cook to inform the New York Jets Wednesday that he plans to retire.

In an e-mail to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre indicated he had no regrets about finishing his career with the Jets rather than with the Green Bay Packersfranchise he represented for his previous 16 NFL seasons. He specifically praised Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, team owner Woody Johnson and fired coach EricMangini -- and even mentioned Thomas Jones and Kerry Rhodes, both of whom were publicly critical of Favre after the team's collapse in the final month ofthe season prevented the Jets from making the playoffs.

"Mike and Woody, as well as the entire organization, have been nothing short of outstanding,'' Favre said in the e-mail. "My teammates --Thomas and Kerry included -- were a pleasure to play with. Eric [Mangini] could not have been any better. I enjoyed playing for him. My time with the Jets wasshort, but I'm honored to be given that chance.''

The Jets did not have an immediate comment. A Jets official said Tuesday night that no definite word had come from Favre yet but added, "that can changeany minute."

The Jets already have begun discussing their options at quarterback and spent a good portion of Tuesday studying the 2009 class of draft-eligible collegequarterbacks. The team is unconvinced that Kellen Clemens, a former second-rounder, is capable of being Favre's replacement. There also appears to be aconviction to seek a quarterback with significant arm strength to play through the challenges of windy, cold-weather climate that often is a factor in Jetsgames.

Am I the only one who thinks, without Favre the Jets would've done nothing offensively this year? No way they were winning 9 games with Kellen Clemensunder center. Sure, he was a big reason for the collapse at the end of the season but those are the chances you take with a gun-slinger type quarterback..

Originally Posted by JPZx

Am I the only one who thinks, without Favre the Jets would've done nothing offensively this year? No way they were winning 9 games with Kellen Clemens under center. Sure, he was a big reason for the collapse at the end of the season but those are the chances you take with a gun-slinger type quarterback..
you're right. the jets got as far as they did because of brett...but brett also kept them from going further.

Best for both sides to move on.

I was indifferent the whole year on him, he shoulders some blame, but certainly not all.

Back
Top Bottom