:: Feel guilty knowing you WON'T boycott "Last Airbender"?? ::

::

I'm asking this to folks who, like me, are very upset with the white-washing of the "Last Airbender" cast [same goes for "Prince of Persia"]
BUT
you're too thrilled about this actually becoming a live-action movie,
so you're gonna go see it anyways despite your beef with the racial injustice...

Are we supposed to feel guilty? Does it take away from one's credibility?

More info here:
www.racebending.comwww.racebending.com

OH and an issue I've never read or heard brought up yet even by the critics,
the "villains" are all played by Middle Eastern/Indian looking characters... oh boy, even more implications

**I can complain all day about P.O.P. without worry because I'm not geeked about seeing that story anyways
but Avatar the Last Airbender is my show
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I heard they're changing or changed mad stuff in the movie because it was basically an all white cast. Didn't they do the same for DBZ? I haven't seen it and I don't think I'm going to see that air bender movie if the cast is all white.

no, b/c I def won't be watching this movie.
but I can understand the predicament of the fans for this show.

The show was wack to me and the movie will be wack. Its all overrated to me

could care less about the cast, as long as as it doesnt end up like the DBZ movie

i dont care about the cast, as long as it doesnt end up like Dragon Ball Evolution

This may be off topic, but i want them to remake that DBZ movie.

if they can do it for spiderman, why not? I'm sure there are a ot of DBZ fans out there....

The Avatar kid's Asian though right? Or is it a white kid that looks asian playing him?

Hollywood has conditioned America to think there are not a lot of good Middle Eastern or Asian actors.

Yeah in some article about this, the author said not only does it offend minorities for the obvious reasons
but it also offends white audiences by implying that they are only interested in watching movies with pre-dominantly white casts.

hhmmm

My Asian friends complain about this....I won't be watching. They did the same thing with Dragon Ball Z
indifferent.gif

I mean what do you expect? We live in a country that's run by white Americans. They're the dominating race in the world. So, when movie production companies cast roles, they're going to use the standard, white guy/white girl. Sure, it would be nice to see other races more evenly distributed amongst leading roles in major films, but we(minorities) simply don't have the care/power to really do something about it. Majority rules, unfortunately.

I dont understand the damn persians.

Name a persian actor that they could have casted instead of the white Jake Gyllenhaal? I cant think of anyone.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

I mean what do you expect? We live in a country that's run by white Americans. They're the dominating race in the world. So, when movie production companies cast roles, they're going to use the standard, white guy/white girl. Sure, it would be nice to see other races more evenly distributed amongst leading roles in major films, but we(minorities) simply don't have the care/power to really do something about it. Majority rules, unfortunately.
That's understandable but casting a white guy in a race that is clearly meant for someone else is absurd. That's like casting Brad Pitt as Shaka Zulu, it's disrespectful and stupid.

Terrible.

Beyond the fact that its just outright disrespectful, the final product always ends up as a piece of crap.

Sadly enough though, i'm pretty sure getting rid of the Asian actors in movies is a good business move.

The player gotta eat, but
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
the game.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

I dont understand the damn persians.

Name a persian actor that they could have casted instead of the white Jake Gyllenhaal? I cant think of anyone.

how can you? when they give the parts to white people.

--Hollywood, at the end of the day is still a business. Deal with it dude.
--Like the movie 21 which was based on true events were actually all Asians. They gotta put a white lead man to get that money. Sad but true.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by aceofjays

That's understandable but casting a white guy in a race that is clearly meant for someone else is absurd. That's like casting Brad Pitt as Shaka Zulu, it's disrespectful and stupid.
or this... Mickey Rourke as Genghis Khan?

Should you feel guilty about the white washing of the movie?

The show is an american creation, created by white people, almost all the characters are voiced by white people regardless of what their ethnicity is in the show, and people are worried about the MOVIE being white-washed? I mean, at least the movie is directed by an Indian and there are a lot of nationalities in the movie, which CANNOT be said about the cartoon

Back
Top Bottom