Feelsoldman

Turned 23 today .. I feel weird .. before I know it I'm going to be hitting 30 .. I think I haven't accomplished much in life and need to get on it ASAP. I need to set some goals for my self .. but I feel like I have no motivation at all. Anyone else feel this way? What do you do motivate your self? To make it worst it's pouring out .. it's dark gloomy day. Regardless, I appreciate I get to see this day and everything I have now.

You feel old at 23? 
roll.gif

Really though, if you're at least mindful that you haven't accomplished much, at least you know you have some sort of ambition, and are not content to just live day to day. That's a start.

What do you do? You finish school? Work? Grad school?

jus remember its always somebody doing worse than you bruh bruh, keep that chin sturdy and youll be gucci

I know that feel

You're plenty young still...dont try to conquer the world in one day, every day is a chance to make progress and if you miss out on some days..there's still tomorrow. Everyday is a opportunity, seize it

Happy birthday bruh

7 years is a long long time. Think about how much you have done or experienced since you were 16. It will be even better during your twenties.

I just turned 27 and the only difference I notice is that I have to stretch more before I play basketball and my metabolism has started to slow down.

Age is truly just a number....despite the corny cliche.

You feel old at 23? :rofl:

Really though, if you're at least mindful that you haven't accomplished much, at least you know you have some sort of ambition, and are not content to just live day to day. That's a start.

What do you do? You finish school? Work? Grad school?

Lol not that I feel old but, I'm really starting to think about my life now. I work right now and did a year and half in school. I want to go back but, I always tell myself that I will and never do. Not to mention that I'm a semester away from my associates. I could of had my bachelors by now though and that's a big regret that I have. I make real good money and planning on opening my own business SOON. I still feel like some things are missing though and I honestly don't know what .. maybe I should make some resolutions.

jus remember its always somebody doing worse than you bruh bruh, keep that chin sturdy and youll be gucci

Always bro, I appreciate everything I have. Appreciate it and I always try keep my head up.

You're good my dude. At 23, learn from the mistakes you've made and keep it moving.

Kick yourself in the ***, homie. It's true, you are young but that 21-27 period goes by kinda fast. It only took me 18 months to be 24. Seriously, I didn't realize that I was wasting my life at my old job until 4 years went by...it happens a lot, people get comfortable just paying the bills and before you know it you're 35. THEN you'll feel old.

Just sayin', you don't have to figure out what you want to do with your life rightdamnnow, but you really don't want to be having that same conversation with yourself in 5 years. For now, just look in all directions...then eventually, go in one. Good luck, bruh.

I kinda get where you're coming from bro. I'm 25 and be stressing about getting old lol. I've chilled lately though, met a girl (woman) that I thought was my age. She was 40. Age ain't nothin but a number. You're gonna be you forever, no matter what age.

man i felt the exact same way :smh: hit 23 2 months ago and felt like a straight geezer the day following. but like everyone else on here says, and my fambs told me, 23 still young. just stay positive OP we all aging with you :smokin and in similar situations.

I know that feel

You're plenty young still...dont try to conquer the world in one day, every day is a chance to make progress and if you miss out on some days..there's still tomorrow. Everyday is a opportunity, seize it

Happy birthday bruh

I see what you did there :nerd:

I think every young ambitious person feels like this in their early 20's hahaha. I know I do from time to time. I'm 23 and still feel young. My best advice is to create short term attainable goals to get the ball moving. The hard thing of course is motivating yourself. You're going to have to take a good hard look at yourself and ask who you really are.

what "U" want should be your own motivation. Not somebody elses expectation of what they want for you.

I felt this way when i turned 22 which was just a month ago

While i was 21 I had no worries but now im panicking trying to think about what i really want to do with my life. I swear the day after graduation( was in July) my mindset about life completely changed

what "U" want should be your own motivation. Not somebody elses expectation of what they want for you.
This man right here.

There is no such thing as "old" or "young", society has pushed that on us.
It seems as if your comparing yourself to others and that's the reason why you feel the way you do.
Some people don't find their path or get where they want to be until late 40's/50's but that doesn't make their journey any different from someone who does the same at 17
Each day should be treated as a clean slate, you always have the decision to move closer to whatever you want when you wake up in the morning.
There will never be a time where you feel you have made it, once you realize this you'll be free.
Take the time to sit alone with yourself, really get in touch with your mind and let go of the stigma's you've placed on yourself.
Life is a journey, a beautiful and terrible one but it's exclusively yours not anyone else.

Wise words from wise men on NT. :lol: Appreciate all the responses.

It was a pretty cruddy birthday but, oh well.

Tomorrow the partying shall be hearty!

Last edited:
I've heard a few people say that when they turned 23. Hell, I remember saying it last October :lol:

What helped me was the realization that I had accomplished more than I gave myself credit for. Take a look around you and you'll see how many people have essentially wasted their lives because of poor decisions. That helped me to reevaluate my own life, where I'd come from, where I am, and where I'm heading.

I turn 24 on October 23rd and I can't wait to see where another year takes me. "I'm getting old, but I'm not old yet. I still have time" Keep reminding yourself of that fambs.

Last edited:
I think society has really put a lot of pressure on age, in terms of financial and profession status that people forget to slow down and get to know themselves. However, I'm not saying I'm not feeling the pressure. I'm getting close to 30 and I feel like I haven't accomplished anything I want in life but I enjoy everyday learning and unlearning what I've learned about myself. At my old job I had a boss who was an alcoholic and I can tell he was lost somehow in his life even-though he's making really good money. I told myself I didn't want to be like that when I get to that age. He was well in his 50's.

Back
Top Bottom