Felix Pie out 3-5 Days with Twisted Testical

MARYVALE, Ariz. -- Centerfielder Felix Pie will undergo surgery on Monday to correct a personal problem and miss 3-5 days, manager LouPiniella announced before the Cubs-Brewers game.

Pie is suffering from what's called testicular torsion, or, inlayman's terms, a twisted testicle. It happened early in camp, but Pie had the problem reduced manually, sources said, and was able to continue playing. Hewas scheduled to have the corrective surgery on the Cubs off-day next Monday, but when Pie reported to camp with soreness Monday, the Cubs decided to get theprocedure done today.

The surgery involves sewing the outer layer of the testicle to the scrotum wall. The Cubs said it was a minor procedure, and if the problemwas not corrected soon, Pie would risk losing the testicle.

It's not known how Pie incurred the injury, but it's not uncommon. Some men are more susceptible to it than others, but it usuallyhappens in late adolescence.

Piniella delicately called it Pie's "situation" and said it shouldn't keep him from competing for the centerfield job. Pieis leading Sam Fuld, who will get most of the playing time in Pie's absence.

-Paul Sullivan

Sounds....ummm, painful.....

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Sounds awfully painful.

I hit on of mine the other day playing ball, and I was dying, imagine having a twisted testicle.. Ahh.

Torsion is no joke, you gotta have surgery for that before it cuts off circulation.

sick.gif
sick.gif
awww man so not that means either fuld or murton? ugggghhh. hopefully we can gethim back sooner then later. opps did not realize it was 3-5 days...thought it said 3-5 weeks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

it happened early in camp, but Pie had the problem reduced manually, sources said, and was able to continue playing.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This whole story is
sick.gif
, but thatpart stuck out to me as well.
sick.gif
sick.gif

man that happened to me when i was young and it hurt like hell

Imagine gettin hit in the balls to the 100th power

Suddenly mine hurt.
ohwell.gif

I might as well post this in here instead of making a new thread.

Kaz Matsui Out 4-5 Days With Sore ***hole

Matsui absence likely to last four to five days

By JOSEPH DUARTE
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Astros second baseman Kaz Matsui is expected to miss four or five days after being diagnosed with a condition known as anal fissure.

Matsui, who returned to central Florida on Monday night, will go through individual workouts at the team facility but will not play until at least Friday. Doctors have prescribed a different medication to help alleviate the problem.

Back
Top Bottom