FELLOW BLACK MEN HELP, how do u get rid of razor bumps, ingrown hairs on ur head?

Ive had this problem for a while, i have ingrown hairs in the back of my head and in the middle of my head. It happens because my hair is curly and the hairgrows back into the follicle i believe. This is a problem ive seem black men have so i was wondering how some of u guys deal with it or have solved theproblem. Thanks in advance

have your girl pluck the hair from the bumps with some tweezers. Other than that, its gonna be a life long battle.

I'll tell you whats worked for me.

- Abandon all razors. Pick up an Andis
- Wash your face both before and after shaves. Shave a dry face.
- Take stints where you simply don't shave. I don't think the repetitive friction is healthy for the face.

I'm sure some other members have tips.

Good luck with your bump treatment.

- Take stints where you simply don't shave. I don't think the repetitive friction is healthy for the face.
This man knows what he is talkng about. 1 month ago I had razor bumps bad.Did ^^exactly that and my skin feels very smooth.I still have notcompletely shaved all the hair off but if I did I don't think I would have any bumps.Make sure after you shave you use a alcahol and a nice balm.STOP USING RAZORS, use the clippers that your barber lines you up with.$50 but well worth it .Also buy the razor bump cream atWallgreens.Good luck.

Thats crazy i was gona post this today, worst thing about being black and o yea and the man
smh.gif

I'm white with the same problem at times

No razors? that's prob where I'm goin wrong

And one thing that does help is I have to shower before shaving, or else I can't even attempt to shave

Originally Posted by alejanz28

have your girl pluck the hair from the bumps with some tweezers. Other than that, its gonna be a life long battle.

please do not follow that advice.
plucking the hairs will make in grown hairs worse. that is the WORST thing u can do. smae thing with razor bumps and ingrown hairs on your face.

tweezing them actually makes it worse and dies more damage.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I'm white with the same problem at times

No razors? that's prob where I'm goin wrong

And one thing that does help is I have to shower before shaving, or else I can't even attempt to shave

You're white?! I thought you were black. I might get me a pair of clippers what are some good ones b/c I don't shave I just want to trim.

Allen, you still want G'Town tix?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You pull the ingrown hair out as soon as you can. The hair growing under the skin is just going to inflame the area.

1) Get some good antibacterial soap and wash your face before and after you shave
2) Shave with the grain
3) Find an ex foliating cream (St Ives Apricot Scrub from BJ's does the trick) and scrub where ever you have hair growth
4) Dry your face then use Bump Stopper -2 Double Strength made by High Time
5) Buy some good tweezers (Red Brand is good) and pull any hair you see starting to grow under the skin

O I forgot to mention trash the razor after every use.

That will keep you from lookin like you have rice krispies on your face.

use a trimmer instead of a razor and use tea tree oil to heal damaged skin

Man I used to have TERRIBLE razor bumps, had to go to the dermatologist for it and everything. I just use an Andis T Outliner now and I'm good. They gotthis bump stopper for black men shaving cream that's real cheap at Wal Mart that I buy and if they start to come back, I get the bump stopper cream but Ihaven't had them in forever. Basically just stop using a razor. You can still get a really close shave with just an Andis, hot water, and shaving cream oreven a dry shave when I don't feel like it.

dude, i just went thru 2 weeks of hell with rzor bumps. they JUST went out away a couple days ago. so i should get an andis huh?

You're white?! I thought you were black.
Allen, you still want G'Town tix?
laugh.gif
you're not the first. People actually ask if I'mmixed in real life, so maybe my mom is holdin out on me
laugh.gif

And if I can make the trip that would be nice, if I can I'll hit you or petey up, appreciate it tho

he is talking about the back of his head and you all are talking about shaving lol???

but dude there are many type of medications and what not.. but buy this medicine called "tend skin", it works.

and tell your barber to rub alcohol where razor was applied at- after you are done!!.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

I'll tell you whats worked for me.

- Abandon all razors. Pick up an Andis

I'm sure some other members have tips.

Good luck with your bump treatment.
On point.
pimp.gif

If you have a lot of bumps now, DO NOT SHAVE for a while (at least 2 weeks) to let the hairs grow from under your skin.

Don't buy Bumpstopper or any of those kind of products... they're basically worthless.

Just follow FAYBAN's instructions and you'll be good.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom