Filipino Culture Thread

Who did this to Pac's brother's wiki??? :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Pacquiao

Capture+_2019-07-23-00-45-30.png
Capture+_2019-07-23-00-46-01.png

Hahahahajajajauauauauuaa wtf...havent heard betlog term in a looong time.

Somebody teach me how to cook sinigang
- Parboil your meat in some lightly salted water for 5-10 minutes. Dump out the water from the pot, rinse the meat.
- Put the meat in the pot and put enough water to cover the meat. Season with some fish sauce, black pepper, minced garlic (not traditional, but I like the way it tastes), wedged yellow onions, quartered roma romatoes (or you can put it in in the end if you like), and a jalapeno or two if you want a bit of spice. Spoon out the scum/oil as they appear. Boil until your meat is tender to your liking.
- Add sinigang seasoning mix and put enough to your liking. Season with more fish sauce to taste.
- Add your leafy veggies (usually we use water spinach or yam leaves, but you can put whatever you want really)

- Parboil your meat in some lightly salted water for 5-10 minutes. Dump out the water from the pot, rinse the meat.
- Put the meat in the pot and put enough water to cover the meat. Season with some fish sauce, black pepper, minced garlic (not traditional, but I like the way it tastes), wedged yellow onions, quartered roma romatoes (or you can put it in in the end if you like), and a jalapeno or two if you want a bit of spice. Spoon out the scum/oil as they appear. Boil until your meat is tender to your liking.
- Add sinigang seasoning mix and put enough to your liking. Season with more fish sauce to taste.
- Add your leafy veggies (usually we use water spinach or yam leaves, but you can put whatever you want really)
:nthat: thanks bro! Didn’t know it was that simple.

Finally had the chance to try LASA in Chinatown, this place is the truth

I've had family owned sitdown in West Covina and Azusa. I've had old school point point on Vermont and other places. Max's and now newcomers like Big Boi and Sari Sari. Even Ma'am Sir was cool in Silver Lake.

But eating at LASA. Man, that's where it's at. Thats the atmosphere, service, flavor and food I've been looking for. This is Filipino food advanced.

I've had family owned sitdown in West Covina and Azusa. I've had old school point point on Vermont and other places. Max's and now newcomers like Big Boi and Sari Sari. Even Ma'am Sir was cool in Silver Lake.

But eating at LASA. Man, that's where it's at. Thats the atmosphere, service, flavor and food I've been looking for. This is Filipino food advanced.
Always like trying something new. What do you recommend? Was looking at their brunch menu. Sounds good.

Man, I need to check this place out.

Always like trying something new. What do you recommend? Was looking at their brunch menu. Sounds good.

We tried the brunch, got tapa, tortang talong, and kesong puti pancake. all amazing

i got the cavamansi drink.

Will be going back for dinner and other items. their food pairs well with san miguel or a light cocktail

Man, I need to check this place out.

def! and the story is legit.

i made reservations on resy and the hostess asked me about where in the philippines my family is from and the servers are awesome

Reactions: Ube
Yo anyone know where to get the Nike gilas merch? I saw their jacket/zip up hoodie for this year and it looks so damn nice. I saw they released awhile ago from a shop in the PI but I haven’t seen them anywhere else online/ebay.

Yo anyone know where to get the Nike gilas merch? I saw their jacket/zip up hoodie for this year and it looks so damn nice. I saw they released awhile ago from a shop in the PI but I haven’t seen them anywhere else online/ebay.
Man, I've been told that Nike doesn't make merch anymore. I've asked the dudes in the Filipino Rec League I was in and family in the PI. No luck.

I've been wanting just the shirt too.

Theyre available at titan last time i went(sunday)
I looked online and saw that they said they’re sold out online. Also does titan ship to the US? I’ve looked before and when I was filling out their shipping it seems like they only ship In the PI.

We tried the brunch, got tapa, tortang talong, and kesong puti pancake. all amazing

i got the cavamansi drink.

Will be going back for dinner and other items. their food pairs well with san miguel or a light cocktail

def! and the story is legit.

i made reservations on resy and the hostess asked me about where in the philippines my family is from and the servers are awesome
Cool. Gonna make a reservation for Saturday morning.

I looked online and saw that they said they’re sold out online. Also does titan ship to the US? I’ve looked before and when I was filling out their shipping it seems like they only ship In the PI.

They used to but not anymore just have it shipped to a relative lol. Theyre readily available on stores. So those are fake online sold out.

Back
Top Bottom