Filipino Culture Thread

Finally had the chance to try LASA in Chinatown, this place is the truth

I've had family owned sitdown in West Covina and Azusa. I've had old school point point on Vermont and other places. Max's and now newcomers like Big Boi and Sari Sari. Even Ma'am Sir was cool in Silver Lake.

But eating at LASA. Man, that's where it's at. Thats the atmosphere, service, flavor and food I've been looking for. This is Filipino food advanced.

Come further down south to San Diego and I guarantee you the LA filipino restaurants got nothing on the SD restaurants . Same goes when it comes to Mexican food :lol:

So they’re creating a nationalized propaganda tv network and bugged as hell telco. Sounds about right.

ABS-CBN has to sell off because it’s too expensive without operations? Or because of the regulation they supposedly broke (having another channel not registered? Something like that).

China has this man and his cronies by the balls its amazing

In theory, both.
- can't afford to keep assets because you cannot operate as a broadcaster anymore
- the law says they can't broadcast anymore because their licensing/government permit is up

Yeah man. Duterte sold the Philippines to China. I still remember visiting back home in 2016 and everyone was amped up about Duterte. Times have changed.

Next plan is ensure his own protection when he finishes his tenure. I'm sure there are people wanting to get him behind bars for crimes against humanity.

Then again, as long as China has his back, no one is touching him.

Yo u gotta try them as waffles. I like em a lot more as waffles than when I had them as pancakes.

Sn to post ratio STRONG. :lol:
I actually wanted to, but I don't own a waffle iron. I

:lol: @ Trader Joe's selling Ube flavored ice cream and other products.

This will kill it and blow your minds:

magnolia%20py-600x548.jpg

Depending on where you live if in the US if you aren't in a place with no access to a Seafood City, H Mart, or asian markets. Then yeah I guess you gotta resort to Traders Joe's :lol:

The Trader Joe's ice cream was surprisingly good compared to Magnolia. As for the pancake mix, I've never seen a Filipino equivalent so I'm not mad at Trader Joe's doing their thing.

My favorite Magnolia ice cream gotta be avocado though.

Reactions: Ube
In theory, both.
- can't afford to keep assets because you cannot operate as a broadcaster anymore
- the law says they can't broadcast anymore because their licensing/government permit is up

Yeah man. Duterte sold the Philippines to China. I still remember visiting back home in 2016 and everyone was amped up about Duterte. Times have changed.

Next plan is ensure his own protection when he finishes his tenure. I'm sure there are people wanting to get him behind bars for crimes against humanity.

Then again, as long as China has his back, no one is touching him.

there was some obscure regulation they “broke” and that was the reason the govt wouldn’t allow them to renew so I wasn’t sure if they were being forced to sell but it makes more sense that they’re losing tons of money.

I was still living there in 2016 and saw how excited the people were for him he’s gonna bring back discipline he’s not “yellow” he’s tough on crime and drugs he’s gonna stand up to China etc.

bam none of those things are true, he’s a psychopath clown who lets his people get away with murder literally his son is a drug kingpin and China plays him like a flute. dude still has a really strong cult though it’s astounding.

there was some obscure regulation they “broke” and that was the reason the govt wouldn’t allow them to renew so I wasn’t sure if they were being forced to sell but it makes more sense that they’re losing tons of money.

I was still living there in 2016 and saw how excited the people were for him he’s gonna bring back discipline he’s not “yellow” he’s tough on crime and drugs he’s gonna stand up to China etc.

bam none of those things are true, he’s a psychopath clown who lets his people get away with murder literally his son is a drug kingpin and China plays him like a flute. dude still has a really strong cult though it’s astounding.

Thankfully the Philippines government is setup where a president's term is 6 years and they can only have 1 term.

Not like here in the US. God I pray & hope people aren't dumb enough to vote for Number 45 again and give him a second term.

My family has been suggesting that I set up a catering business for Filipino food & pastries. Kinda sorta seriously considering it as a side hustle.

I would want the concept to be having a menu with customizable options.
Like, for pancit for example, I’d give customers the option to choose what kind of noodz & toppings they’d want. And for adobo, what cut of chicken/pork they want, and if they want it dry or saucy.
For pastries, the usual -- pan de sal, spanish bread, leche flan/leche flan cake, ube cake, buko pandan cake

Should I do it? :nerd:

My family has been suggesting that I set up a catering business for Filipino food & pastries. Kinda sorta seriously considering it as a side hustle.

Like, for pancit for example, I’d give customers the option to choose what kind of noodz & toppings they’d want. And for adobo, what cut of chicken/pork they want, and if they want it dry or saucy.
For pastries, the usual -- pan de sal, spanish bread, leche flan/leche flan cake, ube cake, buko pandan cake

With everyone social distancing at the moment with this 'RONA, this is probably the perfect time to consider this kind of side hustle.........with more people opting for takeout at all their favorite restaurants (Filipino included).

If you have the clientele and the time, why not? I like the customization too all the Filipino catering spots have a set menu only.

For all the guys in here. If you were born here in the US and not Philippines be very grateful :lol:

The Philippines for some reason even to this day still don't get new born boys immediately circumsized. I've heard the wild crazy horror stories from my cousins and uncles born there in the Philippines.

do it but at a high quality

too many restaurants out here satisfied with offering carenderia level quality food

For all the guys in here. If you were born here in the US and not Philippines be very grateful :lol:

The Philippines for some reason even to this day still don't get new born boys immediately circumsized. I've heard the wild crazy horror stories from my cousins and uncles born there in the Philippines.

Pero, can you get a tule package by Wulbreen in da states, haaaahh?

85A6DDEE-9FDD-40BC-AF80-0AB9564902F5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom