FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Got both pairs. One in hand (infared) and citrons awaiting delivery. I want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to the homies Wally Hopp, Eyes of Hazel (my main man here in the DMV), XIV positive and Buttons Mc Boom for looking out on some spots to cop from. Appreciate the help! I believe giving props when due! I hope everyone else gets their pairs as well. Nike did a SOLID job on these!

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Guys,

I have to admit that today I returned my white/medium grey-black ATSCII GR to Champs.

Bought as an intended beater...but I just can't subject myself to the shortcomings of the GR
after experiencing the luxury of the QS. When I bought them recently, all the ATSCII GR's were
on sale for between 69.99-89.99, but when I went today, none of them were still on sale as to
take advantage of Labor Day weekend shoppers!

If I'm gonna have a beater of the ATSCII, it's gonna have to be a QS.
Funny you mentioned that - I just sent my Citron GRs back to Eastbay today, and my QS Citrons showed up from Sneaker Bistro this afternoon (and the expected delivery was Tuesday, so bonus!).

They're soooooo nice.  Gotta get a second pair now...

Originally Posted by kc37

Guys,

I have to admit that today I returned my white/medium grey-black ATSCII GR to Champs.

Bought as an intended beater...but I just can't subject myself to the shortcomings of the GR
after experiencing the luxury of the QS. When I bought them recently, all the ATSCII GR's were
on sale for between 69.99-89.99, but when I went today, none of them were still on sale as to
take advantage of Labor Day weekend shoppers!

If I'm gonna have a beater of the ATSCII, it's gonna have to be a QS.
Funny you mentioned that - I just sent my Citron GRs back to Eastbay today, and my QS Citrons showed up from Sneaker Bistro this afternoon (and the expected delivery was Tuesday, so bonus!).

They're soooooo nice.  Gotta get a second pair now...

the quality is amazing.
smile.gif

Just an update...thanks Wally again for the help. I went to Bow and Arrows early after a long drive/Bart ride, and i was the only one there
frown.gif
...i guess ppl were goin for the foams. The employee was nice enough to sell me a pair before store opening since i was just waiting outside, so huge props to him...B&A might be my go to spot for now.

Not a top quality photo, but here is my pair...absolutely satisfied ...went to the giants game afterwards
tumblr_lqx8rbswa41qzs49eo1_500.jpg

These kicks have me listening to music of 1989 as well...

I can't forget, how they used to diss
Sayin he can't rap, because he talks with a lisp
But I got paid, now you feel stupid
Amazed by the style, the sound & how we looped it

Now I clock G's, cop jewels, and start trends
Cool around town, and flex my black Benz
Definitely hooked up, with the system that cranks
Livin well off, with the money in the bank
EPMD, is Erick & Parrish Making Dollars
we're gonna turn this F'n thread into a party!!!!!
laugh.gif

Music from 89 only!

Tre, dropping the obscure beats - I love it.
I'm blurring 1989 and 1990 too much, but this was 89.

Got the shirt from ndc in their clearance sale a couple weeks ago. I think it's sold out now. They have a couple other colors, but not infrared unfortunately

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Just an update...thanks Wally again for the help. I went to Bow and Arrows early after a long drive/Bart ride, and i was the only one there
frown.gif
...i guess ppl were goin for the foams. The employee was nice enough to sell me a pair before store opening since i was just waiting outside, so huge props to him...B&A might be my go to spot for now.

Not a top quality photo, but here is my pair...absolutely satisfied ...went to the giants game afterwards
tumblr_lqx8rbswa41qzs49eo1_500.jpg

nice pick up from B&A. That's funny because i called them 2 weeks ago and they said they weren't getting them. Oh well, im happy with my citrons.

Here's the list from my 1989 summer issue of The Source magazine...

In the interview with Jaz, he mentions his man...J.C., ha ha, something tells me it's a typo...

^
ya, that's the perfect joint for this thread
because that single dropped in 1989, but FOABP didn't come out until 1990...
like the citron and then infrared!

the song & video & pe themselves, i could write an essay on, i'll just say it makes me sad
but powerful stuff

Big thanks to Bryscooplaygrifhold for helping me grab a pair. Will wait for the tracking confirmation.

Thanks Again.

I almost picked up both QS pairs when I was on vacation in Hawaii at Kicks/HI but my wife said we already had too much to bring back home lol.  Luckily there were available at a local spot when I got back earlier this week and I wasn't going to pass them up this time.  Don't mind my daughter's teapot in the background lol.
15z172e.jpg

Oh man, those Source magazine photos are golden. Back when it was THE magazine for hip-hop.. was like a Bible back then

Bryscoop is the MAN! Steady helping folks in here.

Hope everyone is enjoying their pairs this weekend!

dude, the PE and bobby brown joints really bring it all back for me...

i was like 10, 11 years old... but i remember all that. LOVED ghostbusters 2, and "fear of a black planet" changed my life (1990). i remember i got that album and bob marley "kaya" album around the same time, changed the way i looked at the world.

those joints, and i remember skating and my boys (they were older) radio blasting these out the car while we'd have skate sessions in parking lots:

Just a heads up...

Seller Houseofflykicks21 has the Infrareds on the bay for $124 shipped and the Citrons for about $140.

Managed to grab a 2nd pair of the Infrareds.

Hope this helps anyone that's looking for them...

Back
Top Bottom