FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Colorways are a disappointment so far. As someone else asked, why are they using these dark colorways on this shoe? I'll cop the white/chlorine blue/grey pair on discount after the drop. Thanks for nothing Nike
30t6p3b.gif

I CANT LIE, I WOULD ACTUALLY SCOOP UP THE BLK/GREY/WHT PAIR IN THE MIDDLE,TRUTH BE TOLD...THEY ARE PRETTY SIMPLE AS FAR AS THE COLOR PLACEMENTS ARE CONCERNED. HOLLA...

CED B.

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

Is it really sooooooooooo difficult to make something like this.......:

106k16w.jpg

C'mon Nike.....

Such a beautiful sight. And yes , it is that difficult for Nike. First i thought it was just sloppines or  pure cheapness , but they just dont got the skills anymore..amateur designers jumpin on retro projects that were Originally created by true masters. Nike , if youre not tending to do some serious changes when it comes to your retros , stick to your flywire-lunar projects..its painfull to see retro after retro gettin butchered.

Money talks, or should I say the investors...I'm sure they have all these charts and graphs that say "plain old white shoes don't work" so throw some more color on it and the kids will love it!

I smh at how they don't know that a lot of the adults who buy the "retro" shoes want what they had back in the day. I compare it to the infrared AM90s. The reason why they're so success is not only because of the "hype" ...which was originally created by OG heads, but also because they look so damn good in their original form! F! Nike if their focus groups and pie charts can't figure that out.

Ehhhh, they're ok I guess. Who picked these colorways. Nearly twenty years for this?

I'd get them at outlets or sale.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Ehhhh, they're ok I guess. Who picked these colorways. Nearly twenty years for this?

I'd get them at outlets or sale.

The real thing definitely looks a lot better in pictures than the catalog photo. I feel like the design of the actual shoe (not the colourway) is saving it from being unappealing.

Would of loved to get the OG neon/teal and infrared colourways though. Not a fan of what they did to either of them. I'll probably get some SC II 3/4's if I can get a discount or see them on sale too though.

who controls the colorways released for trainer retros. they always overdo it  with the weird colors that have no significance to the the. at least in the past they would give us one or two og colorways but for them to skip those in this case and just go straight to the garbage colors makes no sense. they are on drugs if they think these colors would do better than the ogs

Originally Posted by sbib1130

who controls the colorways released for trainer retros. they always overdo it  with the weird colors that have no significance to the the. at least in the past they would give us one or two og colorways but for them to skip those in this case and just go straight to the garbage colors makes no sense. they are on drugs if they think these colors would do better than the ogs
x2

MAJOR FAIL...far from winning.

I shouldn't hold myself to these self imposed bans from specific threads. It never lasts. I love trainers too much.

Over the weekend only 3 sales on that ebay auction. Since the blogs picked up the latest photos, the ebay auction have sold three times as many. And the premier website has basically sold out.. Maybe the people at Nike know what they are doing.

Personally, I am in a weird position. The Winter colorways and all of these other ones aren't that bad and would be bought up if it wasn't for the way they shunned the OG colorways and how the behind the scenes went down. Maybe I'm too stubborn or am holding grudges. It seems like all non trainer fans on these blogs LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these. Even some trainer fans seem to have a "who cares. We're finally getting a SC II retro" mindset. I'm almost at a point where I feel like a protective father mindset where I demand the OGs colorways to be respected first and foremost, then you can do whatever you want. Without that respect initially, I won't respect them back and I'll look away to almost every colorway that comes out. It's just sad. As big of a trainer fan as I am, this should be a week and day of celebration. Spring is upon us. The weather's getting better. Let me open a new NIKE box and break out a fresh white leather sneaker with turquoise and lime accents and make new memories in these. Instead I am on here bitter, writing paragraphs of drivel many probably skip over. I don't want this. I want to be posting how happy I am wearing these.

btw, deadstockshoes.com has these for $75 plus shipping and taxes. At this current buying rate, they may actually sell out.

Sinnerp, it almost goes back to that mindset we are always talking about. A shoe fails and Nike is thinking one thing, but they can't put 1 and 1 together to realize what they should be doing... These black.reds may fly off the shelves. Now Nike thinks its a success solely because of the colorway and won't give us true OGs. If the black.reds were to fail, they would say, the model is too clunky. Let's not release anything else. Or if its a good colorway but materials suck and no one buys, they think its the colorways fault, so they totally switch it up...

You gotta have the perfect storm and time and time again, they fail to create that scenario with trainers. Medicine Balls release in mid summer two years ago, only after 5-6 other colorways come out before that. Many of the others more widely distributed than the med. balls. Random shoe buyers get their one trainer a summer fix back in May and forget these. Auburn SC's release in SEPTEMBER with precreased toeboxs and other weird discrepancies. They are set to fail.. Meanwhile, Air Max 90 infrareds always seem like Summer releases. Along with the OG colorway Griffeys and Carnivores. Widely distributed like crazy.. Trainer huarche black/greys, another failure. People want em and can't get them too easily. You can't let people second guess what they want. Impulse buys are key.

Put this colorway on a high top trainer sc II for a summer release

.. Guaranteed frenzy. I want the frenzy. I want a 500 page trainer thread. That above shoe is basically a am90 infrared in trainer form.

The recipe for success is simple... There was the "Jordan Rules". We need the "Retro Rules", a How-to- Fool Proof Guide to making Money.

I've harped on and on about this that I can now write it in my sleep but just look at the number of General Release Nike cross trainer ORIGINAL COLORWAYS that have come out since 2000, and you can basically count them up on your ten fingers. The OG trainer arsenal is almost as deep as the Jordan line, yet has used just a few ounces of its true potential.. In JB terms, imagine 24 original models. 8 of them have been retroed. But retros come only once a year. So every year, you are getting one OG colorway off of one of the 8 shoes JB has ready to use.. How soon before JBs looks like the dead retro cross training genre that it was in the mid 2000s? Nothing survives with one release a year. The above does not include LS colorways. The genres are still pushing those out in crazy quantities. But imagine getting one original colorway off of just 1 of 8 models and trying to maintain a fan base that remembers what they were wearing when they were kids. Of course there is no fanbase to warrant "Og c/w retros", you have killed that by putting so little out.. I think the OG colorway to LS colorway ratio is something like 1 to 10 with all of the at1, atiii, sc trainer and other retros combined. "We won't give you the Jordan III white cement in original fashion, but we will make the midsole entirely black, with a red sockliner, and have non tumbled leather. And that's the one "OG" colorway you'll get for the next 5 years". That's what I hear when I see this stuff. Put this crap into terms you are familiar with, and you would be as pissed off as I and a few others are.

The saddest part is I was just recently watching some old home videos. I never had Nikes growing up. I just tore through shoes like crazy that a $50-70 dollar shoe didnt seem worth it. But I came across a video from '92 where I had on some white leather hightops with the only true distinguishable aspect of them being a bright red tongue. Now the shoes themselves were probably some knockoff brand but seeing how close those were to the SC trainer II/ sc trainer III kind of made me want what I had as a kid even more.

Probably something like this with a red tongue.
Muscle-34-Cut-neon-Yellow-4234-1large.jpg

Now I don't have any specific memories of wearing them but it's just like a flashback moment seeing those on video then knowing that just a year or two prior in 1990, the SC IIs were out. It's like I was a part of the trainer revolution before I even realized it

Hey Wally,

This AIR Cross Trainer LOW III Pic is from my man Pete from Paris hehe.

Well, we will never have OG retro I guess. Don't even know want to know what a guy like Tinker or at least Bo Jax would think about these AT SC II retro for 2011.
It's not new but Nike don't even care about us sneakerheads. The don't care about people who "live in the past", the prefer to use "old" sneakers with "new" CW. It's stupid.
You don't pick a 1973 911 Porsche with 2011 technology and materials...

I'm sad when I see JB releasing OG Cw, why not for us Trainer fiend?

I won't talk about nike distribution who seems to be a nonsense. But I can only write for the french market (for all forumers - I'm from France), we clearly don't consume sneakers like US people would do. For coming many times in NYC, i just can see that MOST of people I see on the streets, they always wear "new" models, like the brand new AJ or Fusions they see on Footlocker. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing in all the US. So, if you are Nike, why would you focus on a shoe like the AT SC II? I mean, if you don't release OG CW, don't even retro this sneak.
What I wanna say is that, whatever the ugly CW nike would release for the AT SC 2, they know that a lot of people (mostly US citizens) would buy it anyway, juste "because it's new & cool". They don't care about the historical factor.

It's an example, I'm asking myself, why would the best AF Le are Co-JP or Co-EURO? I think that we just prefer and buy simple & OG colorways. I mean if you guys my US fellas boycott all these crappy retros, I mean, Nike would change his strategy, well I hope so my friends...

So, CW choices just reflect the current market...
I

The only thing here for sure is:

If you want a pair of good quality cross trainers, go to "that auction site" or Niketalk buy/trade section, but never, never look in NIKE RETRO section. The only thing you'll find are some really disappointing shoes.

I won't write "I'm not buying those" (that's hypocrisy) but I can swear I'll do it if I found'em for 25-30$. Exactly the same that I've done with the rest of latest retro trainers. My money is for quality shoes and cross training quality shoes is what Nike used to do before 2000 and, specially, 87 to 93.

It's ironic, Niketalk has sure made some of those retros possible but somehow it also has proved Nike there's a bunch of "sneakerheads" that buy whatever they drop (even if it's a "Yeezy" or a "crappy trainer")....

Just to remember Nike that they JUST have to DO IT, this is what I'd like to wear again (besides some other models, sure).....

nq4gna.jpg

Originally Posted by WatH

Hey Wally,

Well, we will never have OG retro I guess. Don't even know want to know what a guy like Tinker or at least Bo Jax would think about these AT SC II retro for 2011.
It's not new but Nike don't even care about us sneakerheads. The don't care about people who "live in the past", the prefer to use "old" sneakers with "new" CW. It's stupid.

I won't talk about nike distribution who seems to be a nonsense. But I can only write for the french market (for all forumers - I'm from France), we clearly don't consume sneakers like US people would do. For coming many times in NYC, i just can see that MOST of people I see on the streets, they always wear "new" models, like the brand new AJ or Fusions they see on Footlocker. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing in all the US. So, if you are Nike, why would you focus on a shoe like the AT SC II? I mean, if you don't release OG CW, don't even retro this sneak.
What I wanna say is that, whatever the ugly CW nike would release for the AT SC 2, they know that a lot of people (mostly US citizens) would buy it anyway, juste "because it's new & cool". They don't care about the historical factor.

It's an example, I'm asking myself, why would the best AF Le are Co-JP or Co-EURO? I think that we just prefer and buy simple & OG colorways. I mean if you guys my US fellas boycott all these crappy retros, I mean, Nike would change his strategy, well I hope so my friends...

I

You are pretty much spot on. There was a Tinker question and answer session posted online where Tinker basically states, "I'm not one to look at the past. I don't do retros. I'm all about the future." I still believe a small part of him sees what's out there and sheds at least one tear. He doesn't have to care but knowing your baby and pride and joy is being done like this must be a sad sight.

I've stated before that trainer fans/consumers are a weird breed. They pretty much consume what they are given, and just move onto the next item. Look on ebay for any 2009 retro trainer or even 2010. With so many releases and outlet stores, you think there would be more. Since they buy up just about anything, why not just a splash of OG colors somewhere? It's like they aren't dwelling on anything, buy what's provided, and move on. It's a very strange trend. They definitely do not care about the historical aspect at all. They couldve made this black red colorway on the sc trainer high and nothing would've changed. They kind of wasted their time and effort recreating this model (same with the TW II which still hasnt seen an OG c/W 4 years later) if they were only going to mess around with the colors. Trainers aren't taken as a serious genre because of stunts like this

suguruvstotoro, Nice photo there. I don't know how you do it. It took me about two years but all of my vintage stuff is finally sold off. No reminiscence to the past for me to look at and get angry over. I will wear 97-04 retros in abundance. I kind of told myself that once those were all used up and unwearable, I would no longer be a trainer fan. It's like once that stash is dried up, I'm done. Very little currently is worth picking up that I would have a trainer collection of just 5 shoes post 2008.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by WatH

Hey Wally,

I

You are pretty much spot on. There was a Tinker question and answer session posted online where Tinker basically states, "I'm not one to look at the past. I don't do retros. I'm all about the future." I still believe a small part of him sees what's out there and sheds at least one tear. He doesn't have to care but knowing your baby and pride and joy is being done like this must be a sad sight.

I've stated before that trainer fans/consumers are a weird breed. They pretty much consume what they are given, and just move onto the next item. Look on ebay for any 2009 retro trainer or even 2010. With so many releases and outlet stores, you think there would be more. Since they buy up just about anything, why not just a splash of OG colors somewhere? It's like they aren't dwelling on anything, buy what's provided, and move on. It's a very strange trend. They definitely do not care about the historical aspect at all. They couldve made this black red colorway on the sc trainer high and nothing would've changed. They kind of wasted their time and effort recreating this model (same with the TW II which still hasnt seen an OG c/W 4 years later) if they were only going to mess around with the colors. Trainers aren't taken as a serious genre because of stunts like this

suguruvstotoro, Nice photo there. I don't know how you do it. It took me about two years but all of my vintage stuff is finally sold off. No reminiscence to the past for me to look at and get angry over. I will wear 97-04 retros in abundance. I kind of told myself that once those were all used up and unwearable, I would no longer be a trainer fan. It's like once that stash is dried up, I'm done. Very little currently is worth picking up that I would have a trainer collection of just 5 shoes post 2008.
Wally, I'm happy with all the reminiscences in my closet.
The only thing that's sad for me is not to have the chance to wear quality OG cw retro trainers... JB/air max/air force fans can.Why not trainer fans...?
I'm still here because I'm a trainer fan. (I seriously doubt that you quit our x-trainer history)
I also wear some retros from around 2000. My feet always welcome a pair of well done shoes!

Anyway, If Nike doesn't care about trainers, we can't do much about it. I've already written that maybe, there's no hope for us, trainer fans...

It took about a week but that first FSR on ebay is basically sold out (retail plus shipping). Color me surprised. One of those 20 purchases has to be an NTer. I would love an opinion on the leather quality. I've dealt with the sc trainer auburns which LOOK bad, but surprisingly doesnt feel bad (so that has to count for something).. Maybe these on the same level. Now people are scooping up the other FSR @ $130.

maybe the theories are right. People will buy up whatever is new or unique or their favorite colors without any historical record at all.

Also Premier's FSR is sold out.
City-sole.com has a few limited sizes @ $100.
Deadstockshoes.com continues to have almost a FSR @ $75.
These also have a launch date on NDC of 4/7/11..

Why not raise prices. Some people just buy up anything. I can hear Nike Execs saying " i told those guys at niketalk, we know what we're doing". They are going to be everywhere yet people find it in their heart to pay more than they have to do. They gotta be the first on the block to have something other than jordans, proclaiming their uniqueness and love for "Bo Jackson". yet any dude old enough would straight up laugh at what you're wearing and proclaiming. Bo didn't market that color. He didn't wear them. I just want this one..
That's what the kids should be saying

All I know is, you don't have kids happy to be in some weird LS colorway of a jordan stunting around town. (maybe there are a few) but the majority know the OG colorways are the ones you want. I don't know if Nike Retro can ever recreate that for trainers. I mentioned it with the air trainer III in 2009. 6 weird colors and then finally the med. ball, but people already scooped up what they wanted. Variety and choice is fine, but they need to channel which colors they want to succeed. Auburn SC's released after a 8 year dry spell of OG colorways, in September, and surrounded by other SC trainer colors.

Frustration ensues

I'm sitting this one out but as a casual observer, people are already dropping $145 to $155 shipped on the black/reds. I guess when you like something, you go all the way out. It's that JB and Lebron/Kobe mindset from these buyers that is making this price the way it is. Yet common research shows an APRIL 7th release on Nike.com and likely many other online retailers. Paying over retail may be cool with other shoes but should never happpen with new GR trainers.

What am I missing here? Are Bo's the shoes to be bought and worn when you feel like you need to be different than your friends, so you find these early and have to have them at any cost? yet deadstockshoes.com still has an almost FSR for $75.. These uninformed 'pay at any cost' consumers are killing it for everyone else.. Nike be wondering why the retail on these wasn't $125 instead of $110.

Worse yet, it's kinda justifying Nike's decision with these c/w's. "See, they're selling"...
30t6p3b.gif

It's a great looking shoe. If I had never seen the OG colourways before, it wouldn't make a difference to me. Which is probably where a lot of people are standing.

Still though, the OG colourways are a lot nicer than what's releasing. Reeeeaaally wish Nike would of just decided to release the teal/green ones.

EDIT: At the risk of sounding like a broken record. They're still nice and I'm probably going to get atleast one of the colourways.

It's sad too. I really would be open to buying all of these as second options. I guess i'm stuck in the politics of it all. Congrats to the others who can just ignore all that

So NDC is releasing the Black/Red CW in a few hours. Whos copping?

From the pictures, the CW looks nice. Hopefully they are nice in person. If not, will be returning them.

Back
Top Bottom