FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

I was going to get the Citrons but after seeing both pics, I have decided I NEED the Infrareds as well.

These look pretty high cut. Can anyone tell me if they come up higher than the SC I? I have the Auburns and those are a nice cut (love the colors but hate the fact that they have craptacular quality).

i am very very very happy nike didnt mess these up since there track record with my favorite retros is terrible,,,this is a true classic that deserves to be done right!!!!

collecting since 86 !!!

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by manslayer

Just ordered from sneaker bistro, said they got 28 pairs of each size, and might get a tiny restock. Cool guys over there

They got 28 pair of EACH SIZE?
If that's really the case, my tension has been eased just a little.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 He misheard, it definitely wasn't 28 of each size (or anything close to that), but for those of you size 9.5's, 10, 11, and 13's will want to call these guys up.  And for those of you that don't have the funds right this second they are expecting a couple more pairs to come in, sizes are unknown at this time

Damn, my bad guys.  I was excited to lock my pair down, meant to say 28 pairs of each style.  My bad 
laugh.gif

But dudes there are definitely cool, i'd refer them before anywhere else right now. 

Originally Posted by manslayer

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

They got 28 pair of EACH SIZE?
If that's really the case, my tension has been eased just a little.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 He misheard, it definitely wasn't 28 of each size (or anything close to that), but for those of you size 9.5's, 10, 11, and 13's will want to call these guys up.  And for those of you that don't have the funds right this second they are expecting a couple more pairs to come in, sizes are unknown at this time

Damn, my bad guys.  I was excited to lock my pair down, meant to say 28 pairs of each style.  My bad 
laugh.gif

But dudes there are definitely cool, i'd refer them before anywhere else right now. 

No worries slayer I figured that's what u meant, definitely good guys

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Spots getting blown left and right�
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Major thank you's to Bryscooplaygrifhold, WallyHoop, and Buttons McBoom. It's really awesome that this place (well, let me clarify; this thread) can be such a helpful resource for people in "dry" locations, and information in general. It has been a really good time overall.

Just saw this, it's not a prob. Most times I usually don't even have the opportunity to help people out on something they need/want, so if I can get a few people their pairs it's the least I can do for all NT has provided me with.

Originally Posted by STANCER

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Just dropped by my spot and got some NTers thier size. They still have a bunch of sizes cause they got their shipment yesterday and not that many people are into trainers around here. 
thanks my dude.  good to know NTers still come thru
smokin.gif
No problem. 
So it's safe to say that everyone who wanted a pair has gotten theirs??

Just dropped by my spot and got some NTers thier size. They still have a bunch of sizes cause they got their shipment yesterday and not that many people are into trainers around here. 
smokin.gif
No problem. 

seems that way... b4 the release day too...
laugh.gif

dudes was trippin' MEGA HARD in here the other day... talking about "a disgrace"...
roll.gif

pretty sure everyone who really wanted these can get them and double up if they really want to...

smokin.gif
No problem. 
Not yet for me... still waiting for confirmation from my connect. I guess they haven't gotten theirs yet... after all, the initial date was "9/2".  

SoleAddict34, I threw a few of these photos into photoshop. It's coming up like 30/30/40 or 40/45/60 on the RGB scale.. 0-0-0 equals black. 255-255-255 equaling white. Most blacks should just show up equally, as a 20-20-20 or 40-40-40. So these have a very very very VERY slight tint of Navy. My Indigo Navy 2000 atIII retros come up as a 30-30-50, so those are just a bit more navy than these.. But we're talking a 4-5% difference here. lol

Proto, what's a disgrace is the fact that many have been waiting two decades for these. They've put up with the initial wait from OG to ??? marks galore... Then finally maybe a breakthrough.. Nope.. New crap two years back with the Auto Trainer... Then two years after that in April 2011, mystery celeb photos never knowing if it would ever come. Everyone caught in a web of hope. Then that day comes. They finally release. And we still dont know the quantity distributions.. Looking back now, we can, of course, laugh just a little. But every person in here has a general right to be a bit heated at missing out 1st day. It's common nature. You just take that "hate" and call yourself lucky, and realize you're caught in friendly fire. Many, including myself, felt like we've been on this long *%& journey, thrown through the mud, crapped on, and generally treated like a circus animal. Just about anyone who didnt get a pair on that first day was heated. Now some may feel disrespected but for me, with a understanding of the past, I give all that behavior a general pass. ie.. A moment everyone lets out a big sigh of relief.
---------

What do you all think about trying to paint or dye the fake "webtec" / sail cloth on the forefoot, mid, and heel of the shoe (also on the medial side).. I did a quick photoshop
29534t0.jpg

Obviously OG on top. Ptngina's photo from the other day... Now obviously with it being a fake variety, it's 100% novelty, So they didn't seem to care about placement.. This throws off the look a bit if one does decide to paint it up. I'm not sure if it looks right. What would you guys use to dye or paint that surface? I'm thinking a high quality sharpie like craft pen.

Also I spotted yet another website with a 9/2 release. PM if you still need to find that pair and would rather do it via an online release vs. calling in a shop.

I take my initial comment back.

These are really on some Jordan Brand nonsense.

I'll pass -- unless I get for half off later down the road or something.

Too many other releases to deal with this foolishness -- and these have the nerve to not be exact to the o.g.

psht.

And I don't understand why Nike/Jordan Brand keep shortening the tongues on the shoes.

On these, the VIs, IVs, The "fab 5" barkleys, etc., etc., etc.

The tall tongue made the shoe IMO -- the classic "jean tuck" or, they just look more fly worn when worn with shorts and stood out.

Now, the tongue is trapped in with the overall shoe. SMH.

Oh well...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

The tall tongue made the shoe IMO -- the classic "jean tuck" or, they just look more fly worn when worn with shorts and stood out.

I just love posting this... 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

you think andre agassi copped a pair of the new ones?
On a totally random and unrelated note, in Agassi's autobiography "Open", he did mention that in 1990, someone noted that his Nike ATC2 shoes were "hot pink", to which he retorted... "Lava!".  Something along those lines anyway... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

What do you all think about trying to paint or dye the fake "webtec" / sail cloth on the forefoot, mid, and heel of the shoe (also on the medial side).. I did a quick photoshop
29534t0.jpg

Obviously OG on top. Ptngina's photo from the other day... Now obviously with it being a fake variety, it's 100% novelty, So they didn't seem to care about placement.. This throws off the look a bit if one does decide to paint it up. I'm not sure if it looks right. What would you guys use to dye or paint that surface? I'm thinking a high quality sharpie like craft pen.
I was thinking of doing this to my pair when they arrive, but i don't want it to be solid black....i'd much prefer to aim for the blk/white combo or not do it all. I'm thinking a fine tip craft marker would do the trick.

Anyone know what the material that "webtec" is made of? cloth? vinyl? plastic?
nerd.gif

Webtec almost seems like a "prehistoric" version of flywire?  Interesting to see how things have progressed.

Also, with regards to the tongue, it isn't an inch above the highest point of the ankle padding or anything, but it hardly seems blended in with the ankle portion of the shoe.  I recognize it isn't truest OG in every way, but on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a perfect replication, I would say this has to be around a 7, maybe even 8.  If all retros were done in this fashion, I have to believe there would be a lot less complaining, bickering, and moaning.

I can see copping the previously released GRs at no more than 50 % of retail, but I think its probably pretty aggressive to think these(2 QS releases) will sit and last to that extent.  Just my .02, though from the sounds of it, some of you live in areas where absolutely no one has any interest in these.  In my area- 100 mile radius, they won't even be available, so more power to you guys that live in highly populated areas where multiple stores will have these and sit on them.  I have trouble grasping that, but hey, if it happens for you, awesome.

Good weekend everyone.

We all better become united around Halloween time. I want an army of early 90 Agassi look-a-likes wandering the streets. We have two months to grow out mullets. Get to work.

Mayhemgatz, I believe it's the same crap on the auburns. It's almost like a plastic "grid" of sorts.. Hard to explain but I bet these have the same sort of stuff. Although I could be wrong.
http://nicekicks.wpengine...les/2011/08/indigo-6.jpg This looks more like a strip of thinly woven tarp nylon. Either way, painting a surface like that would be tough. A sharpie would likely not work very well . And another type of Ink could blotch or spread. I might take my pair to a senior center and see what the ladies there can do for me.
laugh.gif

Brysccoplaygrifhold, Webtec is definitely a prehistoric type of flywire. In fact, I like it better. Some call it sailing cloth. If it's strong enough for a boat with it's thousands of finely weaved nylon pieces, it's good enough for a shoe. I said it months or even years ago, compare the sc III to a common occurrence seen in shoes like the Lebron 8. Forefoot and upper heel flywire vs. 20 year old webtec in that same spot... Tinker was beyond a genius for incorporating that.

green rhino123, definitely a low level price at this point. I did some math and you would have to sell at $155 shipped to make back $125 on what could've been your initial price.  So $165 or $170 is quite modest. Ebay fees kill you.

good idea on customizing the webtec. I don't know about a sharpie though.

Another shop, via google search, is doing pre orders, with an official release of 9.2. Guys, whoever I have been PMing or talking with, the list goes on for a mile. If you are in need for a pair, PM right now.
The courtesy of one by one PMing has been exhausted to find your name and re send a message, so please send me another message and ill send you the info

I like those black hits on the webtech... but gotta be careful with the ink... don't want it to bleed out to the white bits...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

And I don't understand why Nike/Jordan Brand keep shortening the tongues on the shoes.

On these, the VIs, IVs, The "fab 5" barkleys, etc., etc., etc.

Now, the tongue is trapped in with the overall shoe. SMH.

Oh well...

the tongue on my metallic 5s is like a mini shin guard as big as it is
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom