FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

G/L on that district update. I wish I could have gotten an 11, but my foot is a tad wide anyway, so the 11.5 is probably what I needed to begin with.

Big shouts to the homie WallyHopp for the District plug! Just nabbed a sz.13 in the Citrons...Now, See,this is why I love NT...true sneaker connoisseurs lookin' out for each other. Real Recognize real all day. Funny thing is,most younger cats and other would be "sneakerheads" will be beastin' over the Stealths and the Pines,while these will quietly come and go down as the best Nike Retro of 2011,let alone the last 3-4 years. It takes a certain type of collector to appreciate this release,word up. Now, I gotta secure the Infrareds locally this Friday. Luv it,Mayne!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Holla...

"Don't ever disrespect me by callin' me a "Sneakerhead"....I'm a SNEAKER CONNOISSUER!"

Ced B.

P.S. Yo,to those who have ordered from District previously and already received their pair(s), how long did it take for you to get 'em?

Originally Posted by cedb713

Big shouts to the homie WallyHopp for the District plug! Just nabbed a sz.13 in the Citrons...Now, See,this is why I love NT...true sneaker connoisseurs lookin' out for each other. Real Recognize real all day. Funny thing is,most younger cats and other would be "sneakerheads" will be beastin' over the Stealths and the Pines,while these will quietly come and go down as the best Nike Retro of 2011,let alone the last 3-4 years. It takes a certain type of collector to appreciate this release,word up. Now, I gotta secure the Infrareds locally this Friday. Luv it,Mayne!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Holla...

"Don't ever disrespect me by callin' me a "Sneakerhead"....I'm a SNEAKER CONNOISSUER!"

Ced B.

P.S. Yo,to those who have ordered from District previously and already received their pair(s), how long did it take for you to get 'em?
This.  Good lookin on the District info, they still had a lot left when I ordered too. 

i am still waiting on my infrareds...usps sux says it was supposed to be delivered on monday and the webiste has not updated since it was sorted!!!!!

Cedb, I got my pairs from district in 2 days but I'm in cali like them. I ordered last monday and got it last wed.

Originally Posted by ptngina

Cedb, I got my pairs from district in 2 days but I'm in cali like them. I ordered last monday and got it last wed.

'Preshiate the feedback,homie! Holla...
Ced B.

if you're on the east coast you're in for a long wait from district, cuz they use "smartpost"...
30t6p3b.gif

How long did it take to get the confirmation email from district? Haven't got one for a few hours, just wondering if this is normal.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

if you're on the east coast you're in for a long wait from district, cuz they use "smartpost"...
30t6p3b.gif
FYI - if you don't wanna wait, ask them to ship USPS Priority- might cost you a little more, and maybe not updated tracking per se, but wait will be much less so.  Ordered my pairs from them on a Monday afternoon and they arrived that Wednesday and I'm in the midwest.  BTW, they were awesome to deal with no issues, but if y'all are still looking around , PM is the way to go.

Originally Posted by mildsauce

How long did it take to get the confirmation email from district? Haven't got one for a few hours, just wondering if this is normal.

Hey man, just got off the phone with a District, dude said they just rolled in and should be sending out email confirmations by this afternoon (his time, PST). He also said that if you ordered online, pairs(s) are good to go.

I also predict that there will be a sparked re-interest in the Wht/Blk/Medium Grey OG colorway that released earlier, due to connoissuers such as myself wantin' to complete the OG set. Just Watch...

I'm gonna scoop 'em when they dip below $70. Couldn't take that risk on the QS's!,lol. Holla...

Ced B.

Had to get all three...

And here is a shot of some of my favorite models, mainly in retro form, from 1989 (I believe the ATCII lava released at the tail end of '89)...

Nothing you guys haven't seen before, but hey, I'm a little excited.
Collectively, 1989 may be the best year of Nike Air products to date, in my humble opinion.

Just got my pairs!!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Major, major thank you to Bryscooplaygrifhold for coming through with the assistance. Very friendly and helpful guy. After having a couple less than desirable transactions through forums/Paypal, it's really a breathe of fresh air to find someone so helpful. Thanks Rich! Also, major thanks to WallyHopp of course for all of his help and input, as well as Buttons McBoomBoom for offering his assistance. It's truly awesome that NT can be such a helpful resource for those of us who otherwise wouldn't have a chance to get something like these. Very cool!

Sorry in advance for the crappy/rushed iPhone pics

2n1b7kp.jpg

24pj3i9.jpg

Overall the quality is excellent as everyone has stated. I'm really pleased with the materials..

One other thing -- comfort wise they are great, no pinky toe discomfort here. I am however experiencing a little bit of rubbing from the inner part of the bootie, on the right shoe, on both of my pairs. Feels like they are digging into the upper arch of my foot, and I don't really know anyway to solve it. Maybe I just have goofy feet
laugh.gif

Once again, major thanks to Bryscooplaygrifhold
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Awesome NT'er

This is the first shoe ive paid retail for in a long time. I was never a big trainer head, but these just speak to me. Hopefully I can grab the citrons sometime down the line when I have some extra money.

^^^^^ Riley, my pleasure.  If most NT'ers were like a few of the great folks I have met in this thread, it would be an absolutely awesome thing.  I haven't posted or been on officially near as long as many of you, but if there is one thing that I have learned in a very short time in the last year or two, its that what goes around comes around.  If you can and actually do hook people up in whatever ways you can, usually they are more than happy to oblige in whatever way they can.  Keep up the great work Trainer Fam and lets figure out what retro we can petition for next??

Just got a call from my guy, I can pick up the shoes tomorrow morning. I'll be happy with one of each and let people that couldn't find them locally get them from NDC.

Awesome little family shot green rhino123. If I'm not mistaken (and the bo commercials show this), the citron pair was the launch colorway for the year 1989. So early prod. date on those. The other three high colorways, including the "infrared" firecracker red had production dates ending off the year 1989. So those released in early to mid 1990... This leads to the release of the SC III HIGH, which released in the auburn and a white/black colorway in the same year as the second part of the SC II releases in 1990... That leads to the infrared and royal blue SC IIIs in 1991, along with the grey/yellow air trainer max 91.

My point is, that's just crazy to think about. No more than 7 months between some truly classic designs and models. I dont know how some of yall did it back then as kids or teens.
--------------------------------------
Weatherman, that's a great way to take it. They definitely seem worn. or maybe it's a softer material.. I think it should naturally crease to that point, but not right away. But if they are there to wear, take advantage. I bet by wear 10, most pairs are similar to that... I've seen a variety of crease type patterns in different locations of all pairs. Some of its on the outer part near the swoosh. Some of it on the inner side like your pair. But not nearly as bad..
------------------------------------
  Other shops via twitter have stated they have pairs
http://www.exit-36.com/ in NY
http://twitter.com/#!/Purist_SJ http://twitter.com/#!/Purist_SJ Purist in San Jose
Neo39 in Pasadena
Beatnic in Fullerton

Cal. guys have options

Back
Top Bottom