FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

There is a FSR of the black metallic silvers at the El Paso Nike outlet. I think price was around $69.99
443575-010-sml_LRG.jpg

Almost the entire upper is this vinyl like plastic material... Beyond terrible. But some may want them

DJ Proto J, I believe MJ is wearing the sc II lows:
1989-at-sc2-low-1989.jpeg

Nike would not even come close to getting this one right.. Tongue detail is far too much for them to handle

^ you might be right, but look at the infrared hit near the ankle on the top lace hole on his right foot (the one where his leg is extended fully out)... those lows don't have that...

the tongue on his does look like the lows tho... hhmmmmm... 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

MJ wearing the OG infrareds:

1991_nikeairtrainerscii_offcourt.jpg

are these and the citrons still in outlets? i might pick up 3rd pairs of each, if so, and rock them as gym beaters...
Dope find!!! Looks like a mid version of the lows! 
eek.gif

^ you might be right, but look at the infrared hit near the ankle on the top lace hole on his right foot (the one where his leg is extended fully out)... those lows don't have that...

the tongue on his does look like the lows tho... hhmmmmm... 
nerd.gif

I noticed that too. One pair looks like a high infrared and the other a orange low... I'm also not seeing a black velcro strap, so he could have taken it off. Plus the tongue on the left pair doesnt have solid color hints. It's more of a technicality. MJ is legitmately wearing a bo jackson sc trainer II. A shoe all of us treasure here, is being worn by the god father of Nike, in his prime, and it's not a jordan.. That's quite an accomplishment

I have a few comparison pics of the OG citron and A new Qs pair. These are both mine and are BOTH deadstock!!

Og is the Front One

OG is on top

OG is on top

OG is on LEFT

Og is on left again!

Deadstock OG w/box and Nike air tag still attached!!

OG Again

OG sail cloth HAS 3

Retro Not sure what material, and only has 2

hope you enjoy!! If you have any comparison pic requests or questions just ask and I'll snap some more pics!! Og is size 9 and Retro is size 12 (hence why one is so huge compared to the other) 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

eek.gif
i been done tellin you guys i had a cross trainer low with the orange red outrigger & have maintained there were 2 "infrared" highs,
one firecracker, one orange blaze or whatever....finally possibly some proof

Elkhunter: !

i enjoy - thank you for the detailed comparison

can you give a good leather comparison, what's the difference & stuff? how'd they do on the retro you think?

Originally Posted by green rhino123

eek.gif

Elkhunter: 

can you give a good leather comparison, what's the difference & stuff? how'd they do on the retro you think?

honestly, the leather on the og is impeccable, but to tell the truth the leather on the retro is very nice also. the white leathers are almost exactly the same. now they grey leather is very supple and textured on the og, whereas on the retro is is a little harder and shiny with no texture.  very surprised how good the retro adds up, best leather used on a retro in years I would say. the out-sole on the og is dyed and i'm really liking that. not to sure about the painted retro. i think painting the out-sole is a big mistake by Nike. insoles on Og have Nike air, where the insole on the retro only has Nike. also the og's are gray where the retro is teal. the rest of differences are aesthetic  
eek.gif

Originally Posted by green rhino123

eek.gif
i been done tellin you guys i had a cross trainer low with the orange red outrigger & have maintained there were 2 "infrared" highs,
one firecracker, one orange blaze or whatever....finally possibly some proof

Elkhunter: !

I owned those lows as well just never remembered the high's, but very good memory!  EKhunter DOOOOOOPE comparison 
pimp.gif
  Goes to show Nike did a really good job on these

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

OG sail cloth HAS 3
is that what they call that material?  i was just explaining to my younger brother who recently bought the retros and telling him the difference on that part of the shoe....all the while i thought it was velcro on the og's... all i can remember is that it has a scratchy feel to it thats why i thought it was velcro

Originally Posted by JDAM1

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

OG sail cloth HAS 3
is that what they call that material?  i was just explaining to my younger brother who recently bought the retros and telling him the difference on that part of the shoe....all the while i thought it was velcro on the og's... all i can remember is that it has a scratchy feel to it thats why i thought it was velcro

yes that the material tinker used. and it feels nothing like Velcro, its has a smooth texture to it. its the same material that they used on the 2000 and below Bo Jackson air trainer SC's. if anything i would say the straps on the new QS retros feels like Velcro.

Awesome comparison...

My favorite color combo ever is the less of a green LIME color and the less of a blue AQUA seen on the OGs. If I could have just one thing corrected on the retros, it wouldn't be the sail cloth material (pre cursor to Flywire), it would be the color.. Car enthusiasts know what certain classic colors are down from a mile away. So that's just a collectors enthusiasm showing.

Tinker actually has a sketch where he mentions sail cloth fabric (on the sc IIIs I believe).

Some photos of it up close:
Spoiler [+]
1990 OG SC III
c17257449d653c1fc69b83dc587e935d6c1e5de_r.JPG

1998 and 1999 retro
0b935483496e6511c858cbf1bf6b9cb5557c7cb_r.JPG

bf41564268c3c0b426798bee523a549ba2f70e2_r.JPG

The interweaving added such a great stability feature to your shoes.. What we have now is literally a vinyl plastic screen door mesh design. They didn't even cut corners. They just went from premium strength and durability, to a 100% fluff piece.

But I digress. My pairs have been doing well. Love the comfort my ankles feel with a high cut shoe.. Tongues a little flimsy so it tends to wiggle around a bit.. Definitely a shoe I would want to break in and not have extras for.. I learned that the hard way after some 2000 retros went 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Originally Posted by maxdunker

Swooped in to NTLA today and copped infrareds finally. They had both the citrons and Infrareds for a really nice price. Woulda copped both but Cement IVs tapped me and I just copped some retro JKidd Zooms. Next week tho I'll probably go in for the Citrons and maybe double up the infrareds. 

426891_3350857252858_1311672960_3354860_1527750431_n.jpg
Nice pickup
smokin.gif

Any chance you got your Kidds from eBay? Just wondering, I just sold a pair of VNDS Carbon Fibers in size 11

haha yeah I did actually they were DS in an orange box from MD.  freedannymiller was the seller. Got em for a helluva deal like $150 I think

yeah, dope comparison pix! it's impressive nike did so well on these... makes you wonder tho, why they treated these like this but not so many other retros...

Grabbed another infared yesterday for 48 .  Couldn't pass it up given darn near outlet price @ my local shop.  Citrons will be my go to for Spring Break this weekend in FLA.

yeah, dope comparison pix! it's impressive nike did so well on these... makes you wonder tho, why they treated these like this but not so many other retros...
why they treated these like this?

long story short - because of NikeTalk - that is the belief I maintain
Proto, you were here, we were like wolves in here over these QS'
they knew what they had to do in this case

So I looked back few pages and didn't see any posts about sizing...are they true to size? Run big? Any comments would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom