Finally a sick pair of AF1 Bespokes (via Hypebeast)

clean
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

theyre nice, but they do nothin for me really.
I personally think Mayor's pink suede joints were the illest Bespokes yet. Theres a few others I like more than these as well.

thing that gets me though is how they can justify charging $800 per pair. it would be one thing if they were making them by hand, but theyre really not (are they?) They have alot of the materials on hand, already sourced or probably in house, so its not like theyre paying a premium for it. Theres no new, expensive technology either. I understand its a premium shoe blah blah blah, but $800 retail? theyre buggin.
it would be nothin to get a pair of those Kobe AF1's with the blue sole and make almost the exact same shoe

You're paying 820 for the 2 hour experience more so than just the shoe itself. You're going in and making a shoe with every iconic Nike print, materialand color at your fingertips. Unless you're a celeb or some sort of a renowned tastemaker who has collaborative capabilities with Nike itself, this is asclose as you're going to get to making your own You X Nike collabo AF1.

Would rather experience that than drop 5-800 bucks on Air Yeezy's or Supreme Dunk hi's with their little gold stars
indifferent.gif
like people do on the reg.

Originally Posted by JD161616

You're paying 820 for the 2 hour experience more so than just the shoe itself. You're going in and making a shoe with every iconic Nike print, material and color at your fingertips. Unless you're a celeb or some sort of a renowned tastemaker who has collaborative capabilities with Nike itself, this is as close as you're going to get to making your own You X Nike collabo AF1.

Would rather experience that than drop 5-800 bucks on Air Yeezy's or Supreme Dunk hi's with their little gold stars
indifferent.gif
My thoughts exactly

I personally think Mayor's pink suede joints were the illest Bespokes yet. Theres a few others I like more than these as well.

thing that gets me though is how they can justify charging $800 per pair. it would be one thing if they were making them by hand, but theyre really not (are they?) They have alot of the materials on hand, already sourced or probably in house, so its not like theyre paying a premium for it. Theres no new, expensive technology either. I understand its a premium shoe blah blah blah, but $800 retail? theyre buggin.
it would be nothin to get a pair of those Kobe AF1's with the blue sole and make almost the exact same shoe

You're paying 820 for the 2 hour experience more so than just the shoe itself. You're going in and making a shoe with every iconic Nike print, material and color at your fingertips. Unless you're a celeb or some sort of a renowned tastemaker who has collaborative capabilities with Nike itself, this is as close as you're going to get to making your own You X Nike collabo AF1.

indifferent.gif

1. Im not really one for droppin 5-800 on Yeezy's or Supremes either....and the difference there is that is re-sell so the market determines those prices. the shoes themselves retailed for MUCH less.

2. I understand the ID concept, BUT I still dont see the $800 pricepoint. The only actual specialty that I personally see is the soles...those MX soles haventbeen readily available to us. The soles alone are what would make ME wanna get a pair done, but not at $800. maybe my viewpoint is different than yours sinceI regularly customize shoes. I take them apart and put them back together with my own choice of materials and or colors. Again, aside from the soles, most ofthese materials can be obtained. Thing is, Im sure Nike has a MUCH easier(cheaper) time getting them than I do, so I still cant personally justify thatpricepoint. You mention the "iconic Nike prints" Elephant and safari? both can be obtained.
it seems like you can customize the ENTIRE shoe which wasnt an option before, which is great.....so with that said, I could see maybe a $400, even $500 tag,but $800? nah.

indifferent.gif

1. Im not really one for droppin 5-800 on Yeezy's or Supremes either....and the difference there is that is re-sell so the market determines those prices. the shoes themselves retailed for MUCH less.

2. I understand the ID concept, BUT I still dont see the $800 pricepoint. The only actual specialty that I personally see is the soles...those MX soles havent been readily available to us. The soles alone are what would make ME wanna get a pair done, but not at $800. maybe my viewpoint is different than yours since I regularly customize shoes. I take them apart and put them back together with my own choice of materials and or colors. Again, aside from the soles, most of these materials can be obtained. Thing is, Im sure Nike has a MUCH easier(cheaper) time getting them than I do, so I still cant personally justify that pricepoint. You mention the "iconic Nike prints" Elephant and safari? both can be obtained.
it seems like you can customize the ENTIRE shoe which wasnt an option before, which is great.....so with that said, I could see maybe a $400, even $500 tag, but $800? nah.
I'm not backing the $820 pricepoint at all...I'd much rather like to spend 400 or 500 (the less the better obviously), but I believe thatmy original point is their justification. I think for the 820 pricepoint, you should get two pairs of the shoes you make, personally...but regardless, I'min a position where I can handle dropping that kinda dough every once in a while without any buyers remorse.

I also think, from a certain standpoint, they put that price out there so it limits and drives the average consumer away. From a business standpoint itdoesn't make sense, but, on the other hand, they have their tastemakers like Mayor, Clark Kent, Marcus Troy, Bun B, pro athletes, etc go in there and maketheir kicks...and then the pics float around every blog, thus giving Nike Sportswear that much more publicity.

I may be over analyzing it (and quite frankly I don't know why I'm really spending this much time on this) but that could be another philosophy. Ormaybe not at all.

And props if you customize your own shoes (and do it well), but 98% of people aren't sitting in their houses taking shoes apart, painting, rearranging andadding materials to make them their own 1 of 1.

indifferent.gif

2. I understand the ID concept, BUT I still dont see the $800 pricepoint. The only actual specialty that I personally see is the soles...those MX soles havent been readily available to us. The soles alone are what would make ME wanna get a pair done, but not at $800. maybe my viewpoint is different than yours since I regularly customize shoes. I take them apart and put them back together with my own choice of materials and or colors. Again, aside from the soles, most of these materials can be obtained. Thing is, Im sure Nike has a MUCH easier(cheaper) time getting them than I do, so I still cant personally justify that pricepoint. You mention the "iconic Nike prints" Elephant and safari? both can be obtained.
it seems like you can customize the ENTIRE shoe which wasnt an option before, which is great.....so with that said, I could see maybe a $400, even $500 tag, but $800? nah.
I'm not backing the $820 pricepoint at all...I'd much rather like to spend 400 or 500 (the less the better obviously), but I believe that my original point is their justification. I think for the 820 pricepoint, you should get two pairs of the shoes you make, personally...but regardless, I'm in a position where I can handle dropping that kinda dough every once in a while without any buyers remorse.

I also think, from a certain standpoint, they put that price out there so it limits and drives the average consumer away. From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense, but, on the other hand, they have their tastemakers like Mayor, Clark Kent, Marcus Troy, Bun B, pro athletes, etc go in there and make their kicks...and then the pics float around every blog, thus giving Nike Sportswear that much more publicity.

I may be over analyzing it (and quite frankly I don't know why I'm really spending this much time on this) but that could be another philosophy. Or maybe not at all.

And props if you customize your own shoes (and do it well), but 98% of people aren't sitting in their houses taking shoes apart, painting, rearranging and adding materials to make them their own 1 of 1.

gotcha. I only brought up my customizing as a refference point as to why I have the view point I have.
and I like the idea of 2 pairs for that price... I regret not getting 2 pairs of AM1 ID's that I made back when they 1st dropped, and now theyre beat tohell. I'd love to have a 2nd pair that I could still be wearing

Back
Top Bottom