FINALLY SEEING THE HURT LOCKER

Avatar should not have even been nominated for Best Picture.

Hurt Locker was alright, but compared to the other Best Picture films you knew it would win. The Hurt Locker had no business winning 6 awards though, that was ridiculous.

In August 2009 the Academy changed the voting process for the Best Picture category. After increasing the number of nominees in the Best Picture category from 5 to 10, the Academy opted for a preferential voting system to determine the winner of the Best Picture Oscar. Instead of merely making a check mark next to their favorite film, Academy voters will number the 10 nominees from 1 to 10 with 1 being their first choice, etc.

Movie was incredible IMO. It deserved to win. Though my favorite movies from last year were '500 Days of Summer' and 'Inglorious Basterds'.

As for Avatar, as much as I Loved it, the recycled storyline is what holds it back.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

I saw it without it having won best picture yet, so I think that makes a difference.

me too, still didnt dig it.

its not BAD, but i cant ever imagine myself recommending it to someone.

eyes.gif

Papa Dot was way better than him

i was about to ask for clarification on how this is a bad movie.... but then i remembered that NT'ers like the spiderman and transformers movies so it's fine.

Inglorious Basterds> Hurt Locker> Avatar> Distric 9

Full Metal Jacket > Hurt Locker

Avatar would have flopped if it wasn't for the 3D.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

i was about to ask for clarification on how this is a bad movie.... but then i remembered that NT'ers like the spiderman and transformers movies so it's fine.

You completely miss the point of this thread.....it isn't a bad movie, it's just not an oscar worthy movie. I'm not a fan of neither spiderman nor the transformers.

Hurt Locker was good, but not that good.

I know it didn't appeal to most (or any) NTers, but I really thought "An Education" was really good.

I would have taken it or the Basterds...

Up, Basterds, Crazy Heart, and Up In The Air were all better movies. Maybe even Moon. I liked Hurt Locker too, I just didn't think it was THAT good and the alleged inaccuracies don't help.

Talbert

Up In The Air was solid too.

I haven't seen A Single or A Serious Man. Those worth the time?

Seeing as I never saw Avatar my opinion on it being the best won't weigh in but I saw the rest of the nominees and think that THL was average at the most but Inglorius should have won.

man that movie (hurt locker) had me on the edge of my seat so it was good...never seen avataar and Ibastards wasnt too memorable for me. NO one should win i guess.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Up In The Air was solid too.

I haven't seen A Single or A Serious Man. Those worth the time?
A Serious Man was good, but I wasn't blown away.  If you like and can appreciate the Coen brothers you'll definitely like it.

I liked Avatar a little more then hurt locker for some reason ,avatars story has been used plenty of times tho even in cartoons (fernGully).

I think we just didn't have that many great films this year cause hurt locker was a bore at certain moments, I'm surprised it won with all the bad criticism from people in the military.

Back
Top Bottom