Financial Aid Help?

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by jthagreat

financial aid is ... a B!!!

the folks in the middle are F!!!d

all i got to say
yep

I might get into a real good private school like Wharton or something and my pops is still reluctant to pay... he'll help me out with a few grand at a state school though
tired.gif

and Im prob not getting a scholarship for much, so I gotta figure out a way to work this
study hard at a state school, get that same 4.0 for cheaper, gotta work hard for those connections/internships anyway anywhere
Why pay what you can't
grin.gif

My dad made $70k one year, and my EFC was only $8000.. I still didn't get a penny worth of grants, only loans.

From then on i only put my moms income on my fasfa which was always lower than $4k..

Now i'm old enough to put only my income and I make quite a bit more than when I first started college.
ohwell.gif
My EFC is like $7000

damn my mom got it so my efc is 0.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Damn but if your EFC is that high your parents must have bread they must be stingy or you must be a terrible kid.

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

OP your not going to get much if anything at all. Better be prepared to take on hella loans or start your new part time job. Filling out scholarships.

But you do have some options:

Wait until your 24 and the govt will base your aid package on your income.
Find a cool girl and marry her while you both goto school and the Govt will base your aid package on your combine incomes.
Or, you can just work part time through the school year and full time in the summer combined with getting a few scholarships each year and you should only have a small amount of debt after graduation.

PS pick a major that will make you some money.
waiting to you are 24 is a real dumb idea, you dont even get that much more

you can get the additional money if your parents are denied for a Parent Plus loan anyway

Not true at all. Since financial aid is based on your income at age 24, you would receive a lot of aid as long as you keep your taxable income low. IE workunder the table, self employed, ect.

OP your not going to get much if anything at all. Better be prepared to take on hella loans or start your new part time job. Filling out scholarships.

But you do have some options:

Find a cool girl and marry her while you both goto school and the Govt will base your aid package on your combine incomes.
Or, you can just work part time through the school year and full time in the summer combined with getting a few scholarships each year and you should only have a small amount of debt after graduation.

PS pick a major that will make you some money.
waiting to you are 24 is a real dumb idea, you dont even get that much more

you can get the additional money if your parents are denied for a Parent Plus loan anyway

Not true at all. Since financial aid is based on your income at age 24, you would receive a lot of aid as long as you keep your taxable income low. IE work under the table, self employed, ect.
wrong

you are capped by the government, a dependent student can get just as much as an independent with additional unsub from a PLUS denial by a parent

each student gets the same amount of Stafford loans, you get more as you progress grade levels, you can make $75k or $0 and the only difference is you will getsome kind of PELL grant which is hardly worth waiting til you turn 24

how true is this, and how does Aid work when it comes to getting your Masters?

any info is appreciated.
Masters is easy once you get a BA, you are automatically an independent student

you dont need your rents and you get ALOT of aid b/c the government sees you already completed a degree, it's all Federal Stafford loans tho, no grants

a mix of subsidized and unsubsidized

see i dont want loans... so no aid comin my way huh? can you get schoallys for Masters work?

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Originally Posted by Snake201

What school do you go to or are going to go to? Also what do your parents do?
noisy bastards
Relax chief. Some schools give out a lot of financial aid themselves that it really wont matter what fafsa says.

Originally Posted by dbbabd

Why did you put your EFC that high? I put mine as $0.00 and they paid for all my school.
laugh.gif
if it was that easy don't you think everyone would doit?

how true is this, and how does Aid work when it comes to getting your Masters?

any info is appreciated.
Masters is easy once you get a BA, you are automatically an independent student

you dont need your rents and you get ALOT of aid b/c the government sees you already completed a degree, it's all Federal Stafford loans tho, no grants

a mix of subsidized and unsubsidized

see i dont want loans... so no aid comin my way huh? can you get schoallys for Masters work?
to be honest nothing peeves me more than when people say they dont want loans

school isnt a charity

and to the dude that said he put $0.00, wait til the Dept. of Education finds that out and you lose tax refunds for a LONG, LONG time...they will it's justa matter of time, trust me

Back
Top Bottom