Finishline Credit Card errors and Holiday Retro releases

I bet there is a pair of my concords in there
mad.gif

LMAO Peep This...

yes i get that error when checking out on finishline. i usually buy my shoes from nike.com footlocker footaction eastbay. finishline and champs are my last resort. but finishline is the only one who has online restocks. everyone else does instore restock. which requires a raffle.. and we all know how that works out..

anyone have a problem using their 20$ reward? I type in the code and click apply but it acts like nothing happens

I called Finishline and actually got a helpful customer service rep. She took down all 4 credit card #'s that I tried to use this morning and she checked into all of them for me. Here is a recap of what she said:

- On my first attempt to use my card, the billing address than Finishline had stored in my account name was wrong (it was my shipping address). Once the system flags that your shipping address is different than the one with your cards, your name gets flagged for fraud protection. I wouldn't believe her, but she recited the billing address that was on the first order that wasn't in their system anymore.

- Once your name is flagged, subsequent cards in your name will not work.

- They have been having major issues with Paypal, and when you call over the phone to place orders, you can't even use it as an option.

- She told me the 30 day flag rule is wrong, and that my account would be clear to use again by tomorrow. 

- Changing your shipping address on any order SHOULDN'T matter -- as long as the billing address is legit you're okay

- She put me through to the voice mail of her supervisor who will be calling me back within 24 hours to discuss further if I have any more questions.

Even though the call took 50 minutes, I'm satisfied. That actually makes sense as far as their fraud protection systems go. If on error (whether it be mine of Finishline's) the billing address was not what the card is under, the order shouldn't be processed anyways. I guess my advice would be to make sure (even though we're in a rush to check out) to make sure the billing address is spot on on the first try, or else you won't be able to get through.

When I follow up with the supervisor, I will post an update. Hope this helps. 

Pre-Paid works, I based that article off experience and what FinishLine has told me lately. 

Well, I should say it DID work as in within the past 60days. I'll double check that it still works tonight though.
did you have to attach an address to your pre-paid CC?

No cuz i use the same card for other purchases, later in the week. They were fine then.

Yeah all their responses seem legit,
But something. Fishy is goin on

So I called FNL about 15 minutes ago and the CSR told me that my account was flagged for up to 30 and ANY orders placed with ANY associated with my information (name, address, email, IP, etc.) won't go through. Right after I hung up, I placed an order for a pair of Kamikazes and it went through.

Soooo...I did a bunch of attempts and my card couldn't go through. Also have some pending charges that are getting reversed. Does this mean my FNL account is "flagged" and I won't be able to purchase stuff on FNL for the 30 day probationary period? I also heard, people who had this problem were able to buy other stuff, just not the big releases. I guess maybe this isn't the account, more so everyone jamming into their checkout secure system? Would like to know, cause if so, I gotta make a new account or something haha.

Quick question. I ordered the bred IV's last Thursday during the restock with my Paypal and FNL immediately charged my debit card (I checked my balance right after the order). Shoes are shipped the next day and I received them today but when I check my account balance online my funds were the same as if I never bought the shoes. Wondering if this happened to anyone else and if anyone has more information on whether they'll realize their mistake or did I just got away lucky 
pimp.gif

^

Your money will be taken out within the next few days.

The initial charge right after you place an order was to see if you had the funds available which is a temporary hold. They release that temporary hold after your order is confirmed then your account gets charged for the actual order a few days later.

You didn't get the shoes for free.

Last edited:
That "flagged" "sold out" & "jammed servers" talk is all bull though. For months I couldn't check out new releases or regular socks even with months elapsed. Different cards, different names, corresponding shipping & billing addresses, I tried everything for months to get any order whatsoever to go through, none did.

Calling paypal & finish line customer service did nothing because there was literally nothing wrong with any of my accounts, it was their system. This release was the first time I've gotten through checkout with their site.

I'm done -- completely -- with finishline.

So, I've seen this issue appear in many of the release threads over the weekend.

You add the pair to your cart, proceed to check out, enter your credit card information, place order and then Finish Line's online transaction system reports a credit card error.

This happened to me Friday with the Bred release, Saturday with the Thunder release and today with the Kilroy pack.

I called FNL and they said the issue is with my credit card vendor. I call the vendor and they said the error is on FNL side and show I've successfully made other orders. The FNL ones are pending but not charge authorizations.

I call back FNL and they're sorry. It's the usual with big Jordan releases. You have to move quick. I'm like the Breds were on their site for like 2 hours, their system just wouldn't take my money. PayPal wouldn't work either.

Anyone know a way we can report the issue? I'm okay with the 30 second timer but this is crazy and a system error is denying customers the opportunity to buy shoes.
Spoke to FNL rep earlier and she said "it looks like you have made a lot of purchases lately, that is why you got the error". Unbelievable!, I then asked her is that how the company treats repeat customers and she said "yes"... Crazy! But then I guess you get different answers from different reps

Finishline is so garbage, they should just adopt footlocker/eastbay/footaction's system. I've never had a problem with them and no splash screen.

Like the rest of you guys, I got screwed over on the WC3 and today's Concord releases with the same credit card error.

So I purchase two pairs of AJ3 '88 and later on that day I was trying to purchase a beanie off FINL but my payment would not be accepted via Paypal or debit card.

After reading BryonRussellHustle's post on the last page about a successful order going through after he was "flagged" I decided to try again and I was just able to make a purchase.

It sucks because I was told I would have to wait 30 days and I would have tried for the AJ XI restock this morning.

So am I only authorized to purchase small name items or will I be able to successfully order major release? Guess I'm going to have to wait for the next release.

Has anyone tries puchasing using an Entropay card?

Because you can input any billing address on this card.

I guess in a fascist state where tax-payers are enslaved by private enterprise - it's all good, huh FNL?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom