finishline weird incident

My dad ordered a pair of shoes from the finishline near us (online for in store pickup), and picked them up today.

Ordered yesterday and he called the store to make sure they were ready to be picked up because he only got an order verification message and no ready for pickup or anything (not sure if you're supposed to)

So they told him on the phone that they were busy but if he had the order confirmation printed out he just had to bring it in and they'd have the shoes.

Apparently, when he got there they told him that the shoes sold to 2 different people, him and someone from Georgia (store in Michigan). They said neither order showed a timestamp. Maybe someone from Georgia was coming by, or maybe the store is capable of shipping shoes from the mall to different states, I don't know.

He eventually got the shoes but did say that the guy there seemed kind of hesitant, and it was very strange.

Anyone know why this could have happened or have a similar experience? My dad thought someone might have been trying to scam him (2nd fake buyer to raise price?) but that doesn't really make sense to me if he prepaid online.

Also, PayPal still has 2 pending charges, one for authorization and one for the order, both showing the same price.

Although everything I've been reading suggests you should be able to pickup orders same day, the more I think about it, it actually seems like maybe his order was still processing and the shoes were supposed to be the guy from Georgia's. I tried tracking the order on finishline and it says the order is "processing"... I mean they did just tell him to bring the order confirmation page, and they did give him the shoes, but what happens if he got this other guys order?

Back
Top Bottom