First Atheist Monument in the US.

View media item 436935
A small city in heavily Christian northern Florida is about to become home to the first public monument in the United States dedicated to atheism.

Florida members of American Atheists, a national advocacy group, plan to erect a 1,500-pound granite display in front of the Bradford County Courthouse in Starke, Fla., next month, opposite a controversial year-old display of the Ten Commandments outside the same courthouse.

"We'd rather there be no monuments at all, but if they are allowed to have the Ten Commandments, we will have our own," said Ken Loukinen, the director of regional operations for American Atheists who designed the monument.

I approve.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...t-starke-florida_n_3368319.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Atheists are becoming the new gay
I been saying this for a while now 
laugh.gif

whatever, progress is progress, I can't wait to see what will be next in the coming decades 
smokin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not down with gays.

But im proud of this bruh.

We on the come up.

This is a terrible idea, especially to do this in north Florida. That monument will be in pieces the first day it's displayed. People can't even have a "COEXIST" bumper sticker on their car without having some bible thumper vandalizing it.

I mean, if athiest don't believe in anything, what's is the monument dedicated to?

I believe in...

The earth revolves around the sun.
The earth is about 4.5 billion years old.
Our universe is about 13 billion years old.
In seperation of church and state.
That science education is important and practical.
That religion does more harm than good.
That mysticism has had its day and should be abandoned.

Just to name a few.

Atheists taking it too far. Reading the article and its looking like this is just being done out of spite.
At this point, you letting the religious folk bring you down to their level.

Last edited:
If religious people want to ring my doorbell when I'm cold chillin' then by all means build that Atheist monument. Keep your beliefs to yourself and I will do the same.

We outchea.

I mean, if athiest don't believe in anything, what's is the monument dedicated to?

I believe in...

The earth revolves around the sun.
The earth is about 4.5 billion years old.
Our universe is about 13 billion years old.
In seperation of church and state.
That science education is important and practical.
That religion does more harm than good.
That mysticism has had its day and should be abandoned.

Just to name a few.

:smokin

lol @ becoming the new gay.

Back
Top Bottom