First Atheist Monument in the US.

An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty banished, war eliminated.
That's not very inclusive. 

It's only as obnoxious as having the alternative shoved down your throat with analogous monuments, religiously based secular laws and the damn money.

Wait, that's actually way less obnoxious.

It's undeniably a troll move tho.

One day, this type of thing won't even matter. Until then, I'll just keep quiet for fear of being shunned by my Southern-based black family.

No beliefs are being pushed with the monument though. Read the whole article.
I love this.

I sincerely doubt not having religion would effect crime rates though. Especially considering religious people already participate in the same crimes as the nonreligious.

Dude those aren't beliefs, those are facts. :lol:

I'm gonna steal your quote real quick my man..
An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty banished, war eliminated.
So if an atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church, why are they wasting money to build a monument antagonizing a church, rather than spending money on supporting a hospital, or an orphanage, or something that would benefit people?

Not sure if srs.

Religion has always been used to control.

A completely nonreligious America.. Crime would be like Russia x5.

Not sure if srs.

Because religion isn't the reason behind a lot of wars, right?

The crusades, the battles in Mecca, the commandment war, the Lebanese civil war. All over religion. I have yet to see many conflicts over atheism. Oh yeah, because there is nothing to fight over because we don't believe in anything. The only fights I've held with another atheist was a debate, about nuclear energy. Shrug.

The Bible is the number one most shoplifted book in North America. Churches don't pay taxes. And religion is ruling the government in more than too many fields.

As far as I have seen, religion doesn't make a difference.

So if an atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church, why are they wasting money to build a monument antagonizing a church, rather than spending money on supporting a hospital, or an orphanage, or something that would benefit people?

Because this is a group of idiots. Plain and simple. These guys are just starting a pissing contest with a Christian community trying to show off their freedom. It's stupid, and it's weak. I do not condone this, and it shouldn't be used to describe the atheist community.

Many atheists donate money to charities, as well as do things out of the goodness in their heart. I do. So do many religious people. But at the same time, there are fools just like these guys who make a certain group look bad.

Brah read the article. The monument is just to remind people of the truth. That America is no a Christian Nation and was not found as a Christian Nation.

If religious folk can't handle that fact, then that's really their problem.

And please get the outta here implying that religion is being used as some scapegoat for people killing each other. People walk into crowded buildings and blow up themselves, women and children. All in the name of God and a prophet who was a child raping pedophile.

But oh that's right, they'll not your religion so it is different right. :rolleyes

first off any person who's actually intelligent is above building a monument just for the purpose of trolling. there's no "reminder of truth."

the whole message of the monument sounds cute but holds little substance, just like most quotes people live by (just look at how stupid and useless 90% of the 'good sounding quotes' people share on instagram, facebook, and twitter are.)

"an atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church." do you know how ****** expensive a hospital is compared to a church? its not like because churches are being built that it's taking away money and space from building hospitals. it's so stupid and although i'm not religious churches do function as community centers and help people with their lives. i wonder how many atheists here have helped fund/build a hospital.

"an athiest believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said. an atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death" another stupid thing. it's implying that you can't make a difference AND take 1 minute to pray on top of it. there are so many instances of religious programs being at the front lines and making a differences in places where most other people would never want to go whereas atheists will just ***** about it on a message board or their intro sociology class.

and then, "he wants disease conquered, poverty banished, war eliminated." go stop by the church nearest to you and take a survey to see how many of them don't want these things. these are things that are mostly universal to every normal person wanting.

this is the exact type of **** that people who want to act smarter than they actually are will support. there are many problems with religions around the world, but it's not the religious scriptures fault, it's the fault of PEOPLE misinterpreting it and PEOPLE using it to take advantage of others.

and then lastly, what are you basing your pedophile claims on? seems like some right wing internet-based bs as opposed to something that any source of integrity would claim or bring up. but of course if you read it online, it has to be true!

Last edited:
Not sure if srs.

I never got this idea that a lack of religious beliefs automatically makes you a morally bankrupt person.

Skipping right over the fact that billions of people live perfectly normal lives without even a concept of organized religion, some people can actually form and follow their own values system which typically doesn't lead to the collapse of civilization.

I haven't been religious since my parents quit trying to push it, and I have never killed, rarely if ever steal, honor my mother and father, tend to not bear false witness against my neighbor, I leave his goods and wife alone, I don't cheat on my girlfriend...you get where I'm going with this.

To suggest that people wouldn't be able to even halfway comport themselves without being told to by some old book or other is insulting to human intelligence and the concept of humanity itself.

Always remember that religion came out of a perception of right and wrong, not the other way around.

Having a Christian monument on public grounds gives the appearance of the State endorsing religion. This is to balance out the message.

This. Having the ten commandments outside a court on public land is ridiculous. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife" has no legal precedent and thus is completely irrelevant to the court. I simply see it as a checks and balances of sort.

Having a Christian monument on public grounds gives the appearance of the State endorsing religion. This is to balance out the message.

This. Having the ten commandments outside a court on public land is ridiculous. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife" has no legal precedent and thus is completely irrelevant to the court. I simply see it as a checks and balances of sort.
I see it more as perspective, I absolutely see your point of view and respect it but I don't fully agree with it, although I see some good points.

I think the sooner we, as a society, understand that there is no right or wrong perspective on this subject the better we will be a a society.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a boring, ugly little thing, even if I agreed with erecting an atheist monument (which I don't) I'd at least want it to be visually striking and have some grandeur. 

Religious monuments >>>

Neither side should have a monument especially those who follow the Abrahamic faiths. Didn't Jesus say you shouldn't have any likeness of heaven, earth, in the water, etc. in the commandments?

It should of been 2 people effing with universal mathematical equations written on their bodies.....Except the 2 bodies would be Androgynous and designed so you can't really tell who is effing who.

As an "atheist", I gotta agree here, this is corny

like Degrasse Tyson said, why does the word atheist even exist?
laugh.gif
No such thing as non basketball players forming a word and making a monument in front of Staples Center to let the world know they dont play basketball
laugh.gif

we still experience discrimination though...

That's like saying why do companies advertise. I think its clear he is trying to spread his beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom