First Car BMW...Maybe

I dont know much about cars, but in the near future im getting my first car but im not sure which to get.
im looking for a used vechicle. on top of that i want a BMW. to be more specific i want a 325i BMW year 2003. The thing is im not sure if BMW are good cars. asin do they last long, any probs, and so on.

Anyone has or had a BMW? Any probs or anything, do you recommend one or not. give me a review. Heres a little pic i found

....My man
pimp.gif

I laughed at two things.

1) Your signature
2) The first person to reply in this thread

"
laugh.gif
"

My first car was (and still is) a BMW, a 92 525i.

I've had it for three months now, and recently it's given me transmission issues, but nothing that can't be handled.

my first car was a bmw,a 95 525i,i loved this car at first. it started giving me some problems,like not starting sometimes after i turned it off.mechanics tooka look at it but couldnt figure out what was wrong.i decided to mess around with the car and it turned out one of the wires in it had a rock stuck in it.afteri took it out it hasnt given me anymore problems.
a bmw is a great car but if it f's up your f'd.
if you want a real reliable car that will keep good value get a honda accord or somethign like that.
i dont have either now,i got me a mustang gt,oh yea.

Don't do it. You can get more reliable, cheaper cars around the same age/mileage as the BMW you desire for cheaper.Maintenance wise, a 3 series of that generation isn't necessarily cheap. At age of the vehicle you're looking at, you'll probably begin replacingparts on it pretty soon.

for the most part, bmw's are soundly built cars. as long as they're maintained, just like any other car, then they'll be reliable for dailytransport. since they're built fairly robust they can take a good beating...but repairs will be costly. main things ive commonly see fail on them arefailures from the cooling system(old plastics), electrical faults usually from brake lights, common oil leak from valve cover gasket (not very expensive),leaks from powersteering, transmission cooling hoses. from what i know...when buying used japanese, the newer the better (in most instances ie accord, camry.)once they get too high in the miles/year, they can get costly to keep maintained because of its old age. with german, the more meticulously maintained, thebetter. they're well designed/built but costly to maintain. with american, just hope u dont have junker.

Maintenance will have you counting your dollars real closely and regularly.

If you don't mind paying, then hey do you....

Back
Top Bottom