First custom attempt, requesting feedback

Painting in the wings logo is near impossible. Anyone with experience have suggestions? I'm using very fine brushes with an led magnifying glass. I may just not have a steady enough hand. I have thought about clear packaging tape, try to cut out the lines with an exacto knife and then just multiple layers of paint. Then peel off tape, scrape edges with a needle and just accept it won't be great. Not sure how easy using tape and exacto knife would be, love to have a stencil.

Good work. Would look better if it had a matte finish. I suggest using a medium to dull down the shine on the black paint or using a spray finish to dull it down. Krylon makes a matte finish in aerosol that works great.

Good work. Would look better if it had a matte finish. I suggest using a medium to dull down the shine on the black paint or using a spray finish to dull it down. Krylon makes a matte finish in aerosol that works great.
Thanks, I'm not trying to make it look exactly like a bred, but I will consider putting some matte finish on the black.  Here's update, got one wings logo painted in, not happy but I think pretty good for first shot.  I just used a microbrush and as steady as my hand could be.

Heres a pro tip that im not sure if any customizers use but this is one utensil i have been using for my customs for over 10 years.. a CALLIGRAPHY PEN!! very detailed point that most detailed brushes cannot do. simply dip the metal tip into the paint and make sure you add some water or another medium to make the paint runny as this will help the flow of the paint onto the leather smooth

hope this helps

View media item 2186627
for the edges around the logo, you can try to use 100% acetone with the calligrahy pen and try to scratch out the excess paint or you can do what i usually do and match a similiar paint to PAINT OVER the excess paint!! 8)

cool, thanks.  Going to grab one on Amazon to do the other shoe.  I think trying the acetone should work pretty well.

I Need Help. After I Custom 2 Shoes The Paint Start Cracking In The Same Place Anyone Knows Why I Use Acetone And Deglazer

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing what's next. Wings logo details would be tricky I'm sure. I would definitely try to remove the yellow with acetone instead of painting over. 

Only things I painted were swooshes, lining, logo and sole. Sole half came off on first wear so deciding what to do with that.

Tough to tell without the 9 having a form to them. Don't look that bad. What about a 1 midsole.

Thanks. Yeah, decided to go ahead since I didn't have any other soles to roll with, wondering how I can clean up the patent leather from where the old midole used to come up

Back
Top Bottom