FIRST REEBOK PUMP BEING BROUGHT BACK AGAIN IN ORIGINAL BLACK COLORWAY

Originally Posted by donpoppa

yeah i think its just going to be a delay with the reselling since people are ordering them
im REALLY hoping there are re-sellers... its the only way i can get a pair of kicks/hi or undftd pumps... and solebox haahha... sz 11 in any ofthe 3 please!

Originally Posted by Calvin as in CALVIN1

Originally Posted by donpoppa

yeah i think its just going to be a delay with the reselling since people are ordering them
im REALLY hoping there are re-sellers... its the only way i can get a pair of kicks/hi or undftd pumps... and solebox haahha... sz 11 in any of the 3 please!

I believe there is a size 11 Undftd on Ebay for $500.

We have a few pair left in the OG colorways -- give a call to the shop if interested - 180.00 shipped within USA......

Big up to packer shoes these guys are the best, got my size 12 in the white royal orange colorway and for 180 shipped you can't beat that price

in a way i'm glad that shops still have pairs left. hopefully the people that really wanted them got theirs and anyone that bought to re-sell them willtake a big loss.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

in a way i'm glad that shops still have pairs left. hopefully the people that really wanted them got theirs and anyone that bought to re-sell them will take a big loss.

No one is going to take a big loss on these and i already see pairs selling for more than retail. I think reebok did the right thing on this release, Justenough pairs for the people that actually wanted them. This was definitely not a shoe for the general public and it shows that you can make a good qualityretro, dead on to the original and still make money, Nike should take note because Reebok has my full attention after this release. Still can't wait forthe twilight zone pumps.

As much as I dislike limited releases, I think Reebok got it just about right with this one (apart from the size 20 pairs which was just pointless.)

But just from going through this thread, it seems like this is a very personal shoe to a lot of people, myself included -a lot of childhood/teenage memoriesassociated with these sneaks. It's good to see that for the most part those same people who have a true love for this shoe have been successful in gettingthe pairs they wanted.

Like you tre, I am just counting down the days to the Twilight zones release now.

^^^Exactly...I was super surprised to be able to call day after release and still get a 13. Its nice to be able to get a shoe Ive always wanted without hassle,even better it was limited and I got em with ease. Limited part doesnt make a difference to me, Im just happy to get a pair since they were limited.

I too can not wait for the Twilight Zones....I was soooo jealous when I was a kid and a girl around where I lived had a pair
smh.gif

even if these were a GR i would'a copped due to me wanting this shoe since i was in elementary school, ha! and i'm not suprised that there are stillthe og colors available but they won't be around for long. i was suprised that huf had their store colab available for most of the day. anyone have anyhook ups for a sz 10 for kicks hi, undftd, or packer?

Originally Posted by PACKER SHOES

We have a few pair left in the OG colorways -- give a call to the shop if interested - 180.00 shipped within USA......

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get a pair of the black OG colorway.

a heads-up for those still looking for the OG colorways - commonwealth just posted them both on their online shop.

FSR of both at the time of this post.

Originally Posted by denondct1

OG didn't sell to well.

Not sure where you are located but most places either sold out or have very small sizes left, not bad at all for a 180 dollar pair of sneakers, so with thestore collab's and the global release about 4,598 pairs of 180-200 dollar sneakers and most of them are sold off thats nearly a million in gross sales inwhat 3 days? I think reebok really did this though to acknowledge the die hard collector not really for a huge profit and i think they are selling very wellgiven that we are in one of the worst recessions in 60+ years and sneaker collecting is on the decline.

$175 for basketball shoes back in 1989......

thats probably $400 in 2009 with inflation

thats gangsta spending that much on kicks back then especially if it wasnt ur parents buying them for you

^^^ don't think they made past size 13 and boy do these fit SNUG! Lots of padding on the inside of the shoe, the pump on my left shoe doesn't work thatwell a little disappointed with that but when my other pairs come in ill post up and do a video comparison between the 04 version and these.

^the pumps are sketchy across the board for many releases now... i did a comparison for the pumps between my various OGs (omni zones, d-time, various crosstrainers,) various older retros (2000-2005 omni lites, court victory) and newer releases and the pumps just get worse and worse. some new releases the pumpsbarely work out of the box, like you said.

i have yet to receive my pairs of these bringbacks, though, and i missed out on the 2004 retros so i can't compare those.

reebok is pretty good with retros as far as materials go (although my 2000/01 "dee brown" omni lites DESTROY the numbered LE and the current release)but there's something wrong with the pump implementation now.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

^the pumps are sketchy across the board for many releases now... i did a comparison for the pumps between my various OGs (omni zones, d-time, various cross trainers,) various older retros (2000-2005 omni lites, court victory) and newer releases and the pumps just get worse and worse. some new releases the pumps barely work out of the box, like you said.

i have yet to receive my pairs of these bringbacks, though, and i missed out on the 2004 retros so i can't compare those.

reebok is pretty good with retros as far as materials go (although my 2000/01 "dee brown" omni lites DESTROY the numbered LE and the current release) but there's something wrong with the pump implementation now.

Agreed, something is definitely up with the way they are putting the pumps in these things my court victory II's have the same problem has to be amanufacturing issue because my 2004 versions work EXACTLY how they are supposed to, anyhow they look good but fit snug way too much padding on the inside ofthe shoe.

Sketchy you say, thanks for the heads up, I wanted to get a pair to ball in but not if they are malfunctioning

^^^ I had the pleasure of having dinner with Paul Litchfield and got to ask him why most of the retro pumps that have come out in the last few years have amalfunctioning pump mechanism....He stated that its not that they dont work but its the fact that there is too much padding within the tongue which stops theair from being passed through to the correct places. You will notice with the retros that come out next year there will be not much padding in the tongue toallow the pumps to work exactly like they used to in the originals.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ good info. Interesting point on the padding. I never thought much of how it might affect the pump and whatnot.

I haven't bought a pair of Pumps since the early 90's (but this will all change with the Court Victory's next year), but a while back I was checking out the Court Vic. 2's and wondering why they didn't 'hiss' when I pressed on the release value. This all makes a lot more sense now.
but if the only issue is the padding, that should only affect the feel of the bladder inflating, you should still be able to hear the"hiss" of the air being released.

Im very disappointed to hear this news about the "Pumps" not working...Im really hoping I am one of the "lucky ones" to get a completeworking pair
ohwell.gif

^^^ No you would not hear the hiss because the air in the first place is not getting through the padding, therefore not really ever inflating the pump bladder.You will only hear the hiss once the bladder is full and then released

Back
Top Bottom