First Time Buying a Pair with PayPal but not on Ebay. Need a little help/advice, please

So as the title says, this invoice deal is new to me. i know I have that PayPal "protection" with an invoice but my issue is this. nowhere on the invoice does the word AUTHENTIC appear.

Here is the EXACT wording of the DESCRIPTION on the invoice:

brand new Air jordan retro 4 "bred" colorway with og box - brand new pair of air jordan retro 4 size 11.0 bred colorway with original box - shipping via usps double box and signature confirmation. will ship when money clears on following business day.

Would you proceed with this sale or ask the seller to send another invoice with the word "authentic" in the description somewhere?

I saw tagged pics and pics are legit. Seller is a good guy too. i know him from another forum. But he is still a stranger from the internet. Opinions, please. Been on hold with ebay for about 20 minutes now.

Thank you.

Last edited:
i dont think the word changes anything... its paypal :lol:

its up to you if you wanna pester him about it, take him 2 minutes to do a new invoice.

no, definitely was not a gift. paypal finally answered (29 minutes on hold. never had that with them) and confirmed what you all are saying. she used the words "authenticity is implied unless otherwise stated". i thought that was cool. she knew what i was buying and i told her fakes abound with items like this. 

sorry if it was a dumb question. First time not on ebay can be scary for some reason. feels less 'official' even tough i know its all the same. just covering all my bases. thanks guys

Just pay with a credit card linked to your PayPal. No matter how you pay, invoice or gift you can simply file a chargeback if anything goes wrong and problem solved.

unless things w/ paypal have changed i would avoid doing this transaction outside of ebay. to my knowledge transactions outside of ebay are not covered by the snad (significantly not as described) protection. meaning that if you get the wrong size, color or in your case a fake pair there isn't any protection afforded to you from paypal if the transaction takes place off of ebay.

the only way you can protect yourself would be to take it to ebay or pay w/ you CC so you can file a chargeback if need be.

Last edited:
So as the title says, this invoice deal is new to me. i know I have that PayPal "protection" with an invoice but my issue is this. nowhere on the invoice does the word AUTHENTIC appear.

Here is the EXACT wording of the DESCRIPTION on the invoice:

brand new Air jordan retro 4 "bred" colorway with og box - brand new pair of air jordan retro 4 size 11.0 bred colorway with original box - shipping via usps double box and signature confirmation. will ship when money clears on following business day.

Would you proceed with this sale or ask the seller to send another invoice with the word "authentic" in the description somewhere?

I saw tagged pics and pics are legit. Seller is a good guy too. i know him from another forum. But he is still a stranger from the internet. Opinions, please. Been on hold with ebay for about 20 minutes now.

Thank you.
It doesn't matter what he writes on the invoice.

What matters is what you recieve.

If you've concluded that what he's shipping to you is legit and that he's a legit seller, then you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom