First year of college/university: Do you have to be single?

aight NT this is really two topics in one

a help topic about my situation and a generalquestion:

My situation cliffnoted since noone going to read anyways

- dated girl in highschool for 2 years
embarassed.gif

- had many classes together helped eachother succeed in school(more me help her though, changed her for the better for sure)
ohwell.gif

- accepted offers to the same college because they were the best offers
nerd.gif

- college is in a big city, and we're both moving out for the first time
pimp.gif

- her family is really strict and racist and her dad
mad.gif
mad.gif
wants to kill me and her (doesnt phase her)
- we're both living on campus and heard its wild there
devil.gif

? I could never ever marry this girl no matter what because of family differences (on her side) so why continue with this ?
but...she has sacrificed a lot to be with me and i do really .like. her too
? if i dont end it now will i regret not being able to smash everything in sight on campus and breaking it off later ?
? she'll see me on campus all the time. n i'll see her
frown.gif
n ifwe're not together thats going to kill her heart ?

whats a nt'er to do?
embarassed.gif

general question: DO YOU THINK THAT FIRST YEAR COLLEGE CAMPUS IS A SITUATION YOU MUST BE SINGLE IN TOENJOY?

she doesn't have facebook or myspace or twitter or whatever so i can't get any pics(this is due to strict family she doesn't havethis stuff. i have no pics of her...but...i will add that man she'll probably be top 10 percentile on campus for first year g's)

If you go to school with a girl friend and let the people at your school know you're seeing someone, you'll bag women because you'll be somethingthe girls at your school "can't/shouldn't" have.

Originally Posted by iBlink

If you go to school with a girl friend and let the people at your school know you're seeing someone, you'll bag women because you'll be something the girls at your school "can't/shouldn't" have.
Exactly, but then you'll be a cheater
mad.gif

If you two are goin' to the same college, I say stay with her....she could be the one. If anything, just give it a try, and if it doesn't work out, youhave every reason to stop the train there. Long distance is possible, but it's not easy at all....especially if you both got stuff to do. That'sbasically what broke me and my HS girlfriend up was the long distance, lack of communication, and trust issues.

Whatever choice you make, be sure it's what you really want to do for the big picture....don't make a mistake.

By no means am I sayin' I think I've made the wrong choice, but I'm just sayin' be sure.

Originally Posted by raptors29

If you go to school with a girl friend and let the people at your school know you're seeing someone, you'll bag women because you'll be something the girls at your school "can't/shouldn't" have.
Exactly, but then you'll be a cheater
mad.gif

It's only cheating if you get caught. (Kidding)

But the op clearly stated that the relationship isn't going anywhere, so he might as well use shorty as a segue into some new pus.

Don't break up with her, everything will work out.
smh.gif
@ you for going to college for smashing. All you care about is yourself, all you wanna do is pleaseyourself, that's why you wanna smash.

id say stay with her..especially if uv been through thick n thin....
but at some point u got find someone to settle down with...
and if u dont think its gonna work out..move on

What college are you gonna attend? I'm just curious

I would say if you two have a meaningful relationship stick with it, but if the relationship is based on immature things and falls under a "highschool" relationship then you might want to end it because it will not allow you to grow and you'll be stuck in this high school type of world still.

And of course you will be available for all the girls at college

Be single Freshman year and Senior year and you'll have a lot more fun than the guys that aren't, at least in my experience.

What a shi-tty situation to be in.

Your dumb for going to school with her, I don't buy that you excuse you gave for going to the same one as her. Your already having thoughts of breakingup/cheating and you haven't even seen the college JO's yet. You claiming your definetely not trying to marry her is probably way off base from whatshe's thinking so good luck going through that break-up. If I had to say I'd say stay with her and you might realize she's all you've beenwanting all along, definetely don't break up with her before you have anyone on deck if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Be single Freshman year and Senior year and you'll have a lot more fun than the guys that aren't, at least in my experience.

Agreed in all seriousness.

U really dont have a reason to break up since u decided to go to the same school unless u really dont see it goin anywhere

ill tell u this... I was in a relationship my freshman year... And i wish i wasnt... So many parties and $$%+* i turned down... And then we broke up after thatso it was a waste
smh.gif
... Take it how u want it

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Agent Andre

Stay with her and cheat on her. Then break up with her in spring.

Fixed
Everybody does it, don't be left out. Girls cheat too. I smashed a few girls with BFs in college.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

YEP.....breaking up w/ my girl FTW.....that aint the reason...but its my sr year and i dont need the stress....lol

One piece of advice I will give to my children is to go to college single.

People saying otherwise either haven't been to college or didn't go to college in a relationship.

Back
Top Bottom